Powerbuilder 9 - connection to MS SQL Server 2000 using SSL

Hi,

I am trying to get connected to Microsoft SQL server 2000 using SSL,
through the native driver (MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0).
Unfortunately, the code I am supporting is such that I can't change to
ODBC or OLEDB easily.  Is there a way to set the native driver to
communicate using SSL?  I tried DBPARM=Encrypt=1 and many other
similar combinations, but no luck so far.

Thanks,
Brian
0
bschroed72

PowerBuilder & MS SQL Server 2000
We have an application that we would like to implement using PB 8.x as the front end and MS SQL Server 2000 as the backend. Just wondering how homogenous the two really are. I have searched through some of the old messages in the PB general newsgroup in Google and I see instances of "this doesn't work here and this doesn't work there". Of course, a newsgroup like this is where you would get such messages. I know there are people that use it (SQL Server 2000) with PB. I'm just wondering how much, and with what degree of success? Will anyone take a guess as...

compatibility of Powerbuilder 9 with SQL server 2000
can anyone provide me documentation were PB9 SQL server2000 compatibility is captured in detail? What you mean? PB9 is working just fine with SQL Server 2000. If you want to see some thing which are specific to Microsoft SQL Server - like DBPARAm and e.t.c just search for Microsoft SQL Server in PB9 Help "Anthony" <quoter1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42c14956@forums-1-dub... > can anyone provide me documentation were PB9 SQL server2000 compatibility > is > captured in detail? > > > ...

Powerbuilder 6.0 and MS SQL Server 2000
Greetings all! I have searched far and wide on the internet for the following problem. I have figured out a work around, but would like to know if anyone has solved the issue (other than the you need to upgrade answer). We have a PB 6.0 application with a MS SQL Server 2000 Database on an NT box. The application works fine, we have no problems running the application. The problem is in the development environment. I can connect to the database with MSS SQL Server 6.x native driver, but it has problems. It cannot create a datawindow without getting an error. It says&qu...

Powerbuilder 10.5
I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current installation." Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use OLEDB Drivers for this ? try using this... SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Server=server1;UID=username;PWD=pass;Driver=SQL Server;Database=dbname'" hope this help mike <ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase....

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

Powerbuilder 7 nested SELECT parameter MS SQL Server 2000 error.
Hello. I was reviewing a little bit more my problem and I can redefine it as Powerbuilder 7.0 executing SELECT with a parameter on its WHERE clause, nested within other SELECT and executed against a MS SQL 2000 database, gives an error. i.e.: SELECT DISTINCT field FROM table WHERE data IN ( SELECT data FROM othertable WHERE otherfield= :lsVariable); generates an error where SQLCA.SQLCode= -1 AND SQLCA.SQLErrText='SQL...

which PowerBuilder edition works best w/MS SQL Server 2000 backend?
We recently upgraded to PowerBuilder Professional 7.0, and our next step is to convert our database server to MS SQL Server 2000. A question has been raised about whether PB Pro works well w/SQL Server, or do we need to upgrade to PB Enterprise edition? ...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

ASP.Net application developed using SQL Server 2000 can't use SQL Server 2005
Hi,If an application written in ASP.Net that uses SQL Server 2000 can have certain features that will not work on SQL Server 2005?There is an application written in ASP.Net with SQL Server 2000 which I need to convert to SQL Server 2005 but the original developer says it uses certain SQL Server 2000 specific features and won't work directly on SQL Server 2005 without modifying code. Are there any such features? Thanks  According to the official "Discontinued Database Engine Functionality In SQL Server 2005"-document on MSDN, the only Transact-SQL statement that has ...

7399 errors using MS SQL Server linked server feature and ASA 9
I am running Windows 2003 and MS SQL Server 2000 all with most recent service packs. I have ASA 7.0.4.3541 on my system also that I have been using to develop software for a client. Among the requirements for the project is accessing the ASA database as a linked server from SQL Server. In scanning the Sysbase technical support docs I came to the conclusion (and you can correct me if I'm wrong) that this version has bugs that prevent the feature from working. In any case, I was getting the error the article I read said would happen during my testing. But the article said t...

Powerbuilder 8 and SQL Server 2000
We have loaded Powerbuilder 8 on a XP machine that contains SQL Server 2000 client software (active connection). According to the Powerbuilder documentation, I should be prompted at installation time to indicate whether I wish to load the SQL Server 2000 native database driver. However, I receive no such prompt at installation, and the pbmss80.dll is not installed on my machine. What am I doing wrong? What edition of PowerBuilder are you installing? Desktop and Professional do not have the native driver options. On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:28:50 -0500, Betsy_Holt wrote: >We...

Powerbuilder 9/SQL Server 2005
Currently we develop and support applications in Powerbuilder 9 against SQL Server 2000 using the native db drivers. Would there be any issues running these applications in PB9 against SQL Server 2005 that I should be aware of? It depends on what you call "native". MSS is the old db-lib client and is not supported by MS. OLE_DB with TCP/IP transport should work fine. I have done some work for a client that still has pb9 and use my local databases which are sql2005 and saw no issues. <Peter Santos> wrote in message news:43cbc0fc.767d.1681692777@sybase.com.....

bcp, powerbuilder, ms sql server
I am having difficulties with bcp and PowerBuilder. I use the function Run() to run my *.bat file. However, when running this in PowerBuilder it fills up the log in the db and errors out of the procedure. If I run the *.bat file outside of PowerBuilder it runs through all the bcp's with no problem with the log. Any suggestions? I've already tried the following with no success!! 1. Made sure Truncate Log on Checkpoint option was selected in MS SQL Server. 2. Dropped indexes before calling bcps. 3. Made sure batch sizes were small by calling /b1000. (I'm usi...

SQL Server 2000 and PowerBuilder 6
What can I do to work in PowerBuilder 6 with Microsoft SQL Server 2000, when the error 'SQLSTATE=S1003 - Program type out of range' is apear? (I try connect to a MS SQL Server through ODBC 3.5 and connection is succesfull, but when i try retrieve a datawindow, this error is apear.) Thanks ...

hekp with powerbuilder/ms sql server
Does anyone have any exp. with connectin a powerbuilder app to sql server? i have an application that was connecting to a sybase databse and we are converting to a sql server database. the issue seems to be with how variables are replaced within the sql string. the reason i say this is that if we replace the variable with an actual number and run the sql in isql it works fine. if anyone can shed some light on this topic, it would be great. thanks. We also converted from Sybase to MSS. If you perform a 'sp_help <table_name>' in the Query Analyzer you'll find s...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 9 - connection to MS SQL Server 2000 using SSL - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles