Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn

Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1
application talking to sql 2000 database.
Our applications has a ini file which includes the following
details
[Database]
DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
ServerName=TestServer
AutoCommit=true
Database=pubs
Lock=RL
In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these.
Please suggest
[Database]
DBMS=ODBC
AutoCommit=true
Database=pubs
Lock=RL
In powerbuilder the profile is created  using odbc dsn as
the datasource

The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But  when
I launch the application, I get following error
SQLState: 28000
SQL Server Error: 18452
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed
for user.
Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL SERVER connection
It asks for user id and password.
What script should be coded in powerbuilder 6.5.1 code.?
Please help
0
kavitha
6/3/2004 10:37:22 AM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.connection
📃 3893 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 963 Views

Are you launching the application exe on the same PC that it runs okay from the
IDE?  This may have something to do with authentication to the domain that the
server is on...

On 3 Jun 2004 03:37:22 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
 <kavitha> wrote:
>Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1
>application talking to sql 2000 database.
>
>Our applications has a ini file which includes the following
>details
>[Database]
>DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
>ServerName=TestServer
>AutoCommit=true
>Database=pubs
>Lock=RL
>
>In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these.
>Please suggest
>
>[Database]
>DBMS=ODBC
>AutoCommit=true
>Database=pubs
>Lock=RL
>
>In powerbuilder the profile is created  using odbc dsn as
>the datasource
>

>The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But  when
>I launch the application, I get following error
>
>SQLState: 28000
>SQL Server Error: 18452
>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed
>for user.
>Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL SERVER connection
>
>It asks for user id and password.
>What script should be coded in powerbuilder 6.5.1 code.?
>Please help

Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]
0
Andy
6/6/2004 3:08:53 PM
Hi ,
I launch the application from Powerbuilder itself on the
same pC . I am not launching the exe.
When I launch the application,
It prompts SQL Server login screen. other than application
login screen.
> Are you launching the application exe on the same PC that
> it runs okay from the IDE?  This may have something to do
> with authentication to the domain that the server is on...
>

> On 3 Jun 2004 03:37:22 -0700,
>  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
>  <kavitha> wrote:
> >Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1
> >application talking to sql 2000 database.
> >
> >Our applications has a ini file which includes the
> following >details
> >[Database]
> >DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
> >ServerName=TestServer
> >AutoCommit=true
> >Database=pubs
> >Lock=RL
> >
> >In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than
> these. >Please suggest
> >
> >[Database]
> >DBMS=ODBC
> >AutoCommit=true
> >Database=pubs
> >Lock=RL
> >
> >In powerbuilder the profile is created  using odbc dsn as
> >the datasource
> >

> >The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But
> when >I launch the application, I get following error
> >
> >SQLState: 28000
> >SQL Server Error: 18452
> >[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login
> failed >for user.
> >Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL SERVER
> connection >
> >It asks for user id and password.
> >What script should be coded in powerbuilder 6.5.1 code.?
> >Please help
>

> Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]
0
kavitha