Please help, PB8 connected to MS-ACCESS ?

Hello to you,
I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8
My background is from vb,vfp

Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ?
It 'd drove me crazy in a week

I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP.
Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is
read-only ?
Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address)
I'd set "custno" to primary key

then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting).
then I open database profile and makes the connection.
When I clciked Connect, It occur message "Catalog table could not be
crerated and are not available for use"
then I clicked [OK], but in database painter I could seen all the table in
my database.
then I created dw and in it's result in grid.

as we know the behaviour, when the result is read-only, there is no pointer
(the background is black)
generally when is editable result is : blue background
(Note : I know this, because I can do it well by connected to MS-SQLSERVER
7.0)

please advice & tell me how to make it

Steven

0
steven

Sorry... i hv a stupid question...
r u sure the access file is not read-only protected?

"steven" <stvhui@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello to you,
> I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8
> My background is from vb,vfp
>
> Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ?
> It 'd drove me crazy in a week
>
> I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP.
> Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is
> read-only ?
> Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address)
> I'd set "custno" to primary key
>
> then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting).
> then I open database profile and makes the connection.
> When I clciked Connect, It occur message "Catalog table could not be
> crerated and are not available for use"
> then I clicked [OK], but in database painter I could seen all the table in
> my database.
> then I created dw and in it's result in grid.
>

> as we know the behaviour, when the result is read-only, there is no
pointer
> (the background is black)
> generally when is editable result is : blue background
> (Note : I know this, because I can do it well by connected to MS-SQLSERVER
> 7.0)
>
> please advice & tell me how to make it
>
> Steven

0
Guruguru
5/13/2002 9:17:20 AM
check the pbcatelogowner property.

"steven" <stvhui@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello to you,
> I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8
> My background is from vb,vfp
>
> Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ?
> It 'd drove me crazy in a week
>
> I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP.
> Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is
> read-only ?
> Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address)
> I'd set "custno" to primary key
>
> then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting).
> then I open database profile and makes the connection.
> When I clciked Connect, It occur message "Catalog table could not be
> crerated and are not available for use"
> then I clicked [OK], but in database painter I could seen all the table in
> my database.
> then I created dw and in it's result in grid.
>

> as we know the behaviour, when the result is read-only, there is no
pointer
> (the background is black)
> generally when is editable result is : blue background
> (Note : I know this, because I can do it well by connected to MS-SQLSERVER
> 7.0)
>
> please advice & tell me how to make it
>
> Steven

0
Namasi

Please help, Connect to MS-ACCESS goes read-only?
[...]

Connecting to MS Access 2007 (I Really Need Your Help Here) Please Read.
First I wanna say thank you for reading this topic. I am a beginner in coding ASP. I really want to learn more about it. My problem is:1. I am connecting to MS Access 2007 as my database (I am using IIS 6). When I run the script, it reads data but when I am going to Update the record error appears like this:Data Source is Read-Only. 2. I Check the file in the IIS Manager and the property 'Read' 'Write' was both checked. Can anyone explain to me what is really a problem here:Please show me some codes. Thanx ASP or ASP.NET?  There's a difference. Show a ...

Please help, I can't create a connection between my web page and database in MS-Access/Sql-Server
Hi all , Recently I was trying to establish a connection between my web page and the database made in MS-Access/SQL-server. But all my efforts were in vain at last. Please help me to do this. Write all the steps. Looking for a perfect solution.  Thanking,Kristian  Which is it? Access or SQL Server?  Here's a tutorial for Access: http://msconline.maconstate.edu/tutorials/aspnet20/default.htm Connection stirngs for all types of database can be found here: http://www.connectionstrings.com  Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site hopefully u are us...

PB8 connect to MS Access
Hi, How i connect to MS Access with OLEDB using password ( PB 8.0.2 ) ? -- Cleber Sch�nhofen Programador TotalBanco� Consultoria e Sistemas Ltda. Do you have an example ? I try this, SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\test.mdb,UID=xx,PWD=yy'" and this dont work. -- Cleber Sch�nhofen Programador TotalBanco� Consultoria e Sistemas Ltda. "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsyba...

Help With MS-Access Connectivity
Hi ,Recently I had created application for login form using SQL express database, which worked fine. But my hosting server doesnot support MS-SQL database. Now I want to do all that using MS-Access. Can somebody plz tell me that how to connect MS-Access with ASP.NET forms ? Any simple connectivity reference to use for login will do. I have created database in Access with following fields.username,password,confirm password,question,answer & email id. I want to connect to this database with ASP.NET forms (2.0) also pz help in inserting records in database. Thankful if extra information is ...

Help with connection!! Please help!!
Hi friends, I need to connect my VB.NET application to my website through FTP (using an upload form in my application). I need to do this because I need to upload some images and also update the database on the web with my application's database. Can someone please help me with something on this? Thanks, ~Sim If my answer has helped you then please mark it as answer. It will help you and me gain some credit and resolve the thread. no one can help me? :(If my answer has helped you then please mark it as answer. It will help you and me gain some credit and resolve the thread. ...

changing an access connection strong to a ms sql connection string
What part(s)-{just the connection string??} of the following code is it neccessary for me to change and how should i change it. Is the a massive difference or can i reuse parts of this code (from beg asp .net { wrox press} ) <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDb" %> <script language="VB" runat="server"> Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim objConnection As OleDbConnection Dim objCmd As OleDbCommand Dim strConnection As String Dim st...

not connected when I am connected

Database connection problem, perhaps an incorrect connection string? Please help!
Hi guys. I've put together this little bit of C# code to read a SQL Server 2005 database. However once the program compiles, the data does not load and populate the datagrid. I think that my connection string might be incorrect, but not sure. If anyone has any idea then I would be extremely grateful.  Heres the code.... using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; using System.Collections; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlCont...

Help Connecting to Local MS Access Database.
I'm trying to connect from PB 6.5 to a MS Access 2000 database on my C:\ drive and I get this error - SQLSTATE = S1003 . . . program type out of range . . . My simple select * query returns me the column names from the table I'm querying - but not the data. Seems like I got some part of what I did right .. . . but not the entire process. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, Robin Sengupta You need the latest PB 6.x maintenance release. There was an update to ODBC with Access 2000 that added datatypes that earlier versions of PB didn't kno...

Web resources about - Please help, PB8 connected to MS-ACCESS ? - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Connected sum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , specifically in topology , the operation of connected sum is a geometric modification on manifolds . Its effect is to join two ...

‘The Washington Post’ Cranks Up Facebook-Connected Political News App The Issue Engine
The Washington Post enhanced its coverage of the 2012 presidential election with its release of news application The Issue Engine , which allows ...

The Value of a Facebook-connected Mobile User
... back more often, and are more likely to become paying customers. Many top game developers, for example, have also found that Facebook-connected ...

Facebook mobile game users play longer, spend more than users not connected with the social network
Mobile game players logged in via Facebook generate more revenue for developers, Facebook Games Strategic Partner Manager Sara Brooks said today ...

CMS-Connected (@cmsconnected) on Twitter
Webinar on Saving your Intranet from the Boneyard (and more) with @sethearley @RHarbridge @JiveSoftware Here => ow.

Better connected: Twitter for BlackBerry
A new version of Twitter for BlackBerry introduces new features that make it easier to connect to the people and things you care about. Twitter ...

Global Trade Network-Exporters,Importers,Manufacturers,Wholesalers,Suppliers,Buyers Connected
Find, Connect & Engage with new Buyers, Suppliers, Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Exporters and Importers all-over the world.

Republicans Connected for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Republicans Connected on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Hunter debuts first HomeKit-connected ceiling fans
Adding to the blitz of CES announcements building on the success of Apple's product ecosystem, Hunter Fan Company on Monday revealed two Wi-Fi ...

Microsoft, Harman envision the connected car as an office
Filed under: 2016 CES , Infotainment , Technology Microsoft and Harman want to help drivers get their work done behind the wheel by safely bringing ...