PB App connecting to Jaguar using open client TIME OUT..............

I have been thumbing through the user groups and have seen this question
asked several times with no response.  I'm developing a PB6.5 app using open
client to connect to Jaguar CTS.  (MASP)  Sometimes but not all the time
when the user goes to get a cup of coffee or take a break.  And they return
the next method that is called receives an error "ct_connect(): blah blah
due to disconnect blah blah two endpoints failed blah blah ".  What is this?
can I control this from the client?  Is there a time out setting?  Or is
this from Jaguar?  Help is needed and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris Burt
chrisbu@meridinet.com

0
cburt

These are generic Open Server messages, not specific Jaguar errors.  A
'terminated due to disconnect' message means that the server dropped the client
connection for one reason or another, whereas a 'connect to two endpoints
failed' means the server couldn't be found from the client (server is not up,
for instance).  If you get these two messages in succession (not clear if that's
the case), it would appear that perhaps the server was recycled and the
'terminated message' came from the server coming down while the 'connect to two
endpoint' as a result of the next operation trying to connect to the server
which is still down? Perhaps the Jaguar server log will give some indication of
what may have happened.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support
joneil@sybase.com

cburt wrote:

> I have been thumbing through the user groups and have seen this question
> asked several times with no response.  I'm developing a PB6.5 app using open
> client to connect to Jaguar CTS.  (MASP)  Sometimes but not all the time
> when the user goes to get a cup of coffee or take a break.  And they return
> the next method that is called receives an error "ct_connect(): blah blah
> due to disconnect blah blah two endpoints failed blah blah ".  What is this?
> can I control this from the client?  Is there a time out setting?  Or is
> this from Jaguar?  Help is needed and will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Burt
> chrisbu@meridinet.com

0
Jim

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Use of Open Client Connection Cache through PB Component
Hi We've been accessing an ODBC connectioin cache through our PB components quite successfully. We're in the process of switching to an Open Client connection cache. We've set up the cache using Jaguar Manager and are able to ping it successfully. Through PB, we're setting the following in the Transaction objects instance: itr_trans.DBMS = "SYJ" itr_trans.DBParm = "UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='<cache_name>'" We fail on the statement Connect Using itr_trans The Jaguar log indicates the following error l...

REPOST: PB components use only 1 connection from 50 connections connection cache
Hello all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i teste...

Single open connection vs connection pool (opening and closing each time)
I see that log4net use single open connection instead of connection pool. They don't open and close the connection each time they just do it once in the beginning.  What are the risks of such approach in a multythreaded environment?  What can happen if two threads want to use the connection at the same time?  Is there a risk associated with that?  The fact is that if using just a single connection there is a performance benefit, then what is the down side? Or we are just wrong by doint this? using(var c = new SqlConnection(str)){   // use connection ......

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

Using winsock in PB client to connect to non-PB server
I am new to OCX controls. I need to build a client interface in PB7 to connect to a remote host . I am trying to use Winsck.ocx, without success. Can somebody guide me to build a simple window that talks to the server and sends and receives data ? Thanks in advance Praveen Toronto I need this answers too "SASP Consultants" <sasp@rogers.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:bo5O4$N5CHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > I am new to OCX controls. I need to build a client interface in PB7 to > connect to a remote host . I am trying to use Winsck.ocx, without su...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

PB client connections to Jaguar
I have been surprised recently to find that a PB client holds its sessions to Jaguar no matter what. I even destroy the connection object and this does not release it. It seems the PB runtime has implemented a behind the scenes cache of which I have no control. When I exit the application I finally see the session close in runtime monitoring of IIOP sessions. We have a large base of users who have a tendency to leave their app running all day. I don't wish for the app sessions to hog a jaguar connection all day(I don't have the luxury of unlimited licensing) Ideally, I ...

PB client connect to Jaguar??
Hello all, I'm trying to connect to a Jaguar Server from within PowerBuilder. The whitepaper Jaguar & Powerbuilder at http://www.powersoft.com/products/jaguar/jag_pb.html says it is possible to setup a datasource connection to jaguar. I've done the following: Installed Jaguar on a machine called ws-internettest. Started the server and it runs fine. Edited sql.ini to reflect the machine name (changed localhost to ws-internettest) Installed Jaguar on my local machine (actually this was prior to installing Jaguar on the other machine), so I have the open client soft...

How to connect to 2 database using one Connection at a time
Just assume,I have 2 databases configured in single sql server and each database contains one table. Now my requirement is to join these 2 tables which are in 2 different database. This is something like under .\sqlexpress we can see many database like Northwing,DB1 and DB2  etc.... Now i want to join 2 tables from different databases. Here i know the SQL join query but my problem is to create the Connection string....i dont know how to create one connection string that connects to these 2 database and gives me the output.Am trying it in  VB6 ........

Client Connection Information and Remote Stop Connection in Jaguar
In DBP, the PB functions "GetServerInfo" and "RemoteStopConnection" are used to retrieve client application connection information and to disconnect a client from the server application by the client application with administrative privileges. But in Jaguar, we cannot use these functions to implement the same functionality. For retrieving connection information, we could use the functions "JagGetUserName", "JagGetPeerAddress", and "JadGetPassword". How can I invoke these functions? I want to know which DLL file I should call in the local...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

PB app won't connect until I connect externally
I have a PB app that won't connect to its database until I connect to a database (can be any database) in the PB development environment. Once I do that, the app connects to the DB just fine. And, I can connect to *any* DB in the PB development environment, doesn't have to be the one the app uses. And, I don't have to still be connected to a DB. I just have to make a DB connection at least once before trying to run the app. The app can't connect whether I'm running it in the debugger or as a compiled app (pbd or machine code). This seems to suggest my ...

PB Client -> Connecting to Jaguar
Hi, I'm trying to animate the user while he is connecting to Jaguar but I can't get it work! I tried the timer event, the timer object and multiple threads. The main problem is that when using multiple threads I cannot pass the connection object as an argument! Anyone any ideas, I can't be the first to try this? Regards, Geert What do you mean by "animate the user"? If you are talking about trying to show some kind of animation during the login to Jaguar, then you could try using an animated GIF on a picture control. "Geert Claes" <Ge...

Web resources about - PB App connecting to Jaguar using open client TIME OUT.............. - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...