PB 7.0.2 and SQL Server 6.5 slow connection

We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003).
Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds.
Now it takes several minutes.

Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown?

Thanks,
Ken


0
Ken
8/8/2001 4:07:11 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.connection 3893 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
548 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 10

Try appling the 8046 EBF


"Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003).
> Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds.
> Now it takes several minutes.
>
> Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken
>
>


0
Andy
8/11/2001 4:43:14 PM
Which driver are you using?

--
Simon Caldwell
Get Real Systems Ltd
Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL
Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 481666
Visit us at www.getrealsystems.com

Specialists in e-Procurement and supply chain technology


> "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003).
> > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds.
> > Now it takes several minutes.
> >
> > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ken
> >
> >
>
>


0
Simon
8/13/2001 8:19:02 AM
We've got the same problem and we're using pb version 7.0.3 Build 10089 ?!!?
Can anyone help us?




"Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003).
> Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds.
> Now it takes several minutes.
>
> Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken
>
>


0
Sigrid
8/13/2001 1:27:05 PM
I downloaded and applied the 8046 EBF.
It didn't seem to make a difference.

Ken

"Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]" <andyt@delanet.com> wrote in message
news:t3YOpfoIBHA.65@forums.sybase.com...
> Try appling the 8046 EBF
>
>
> "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003).
> > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds.
> > Now it takes several minutes.
> >
> > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ken
> >
> >
>
>


0
Ken
8/14/2001 3:44:48 PM
I'm using  pbmss70.dll

One thing that might be worth mentioning:  The PB 6.5 installation that we
had previously was on a different pc.  I actually did a new install of PB
7.0.2, not an upgrade.

Ken

"Simon Caldwell [TeamSybase]" <simonDOTcaldwellATgetrealsystemsDOTcom> wrote
in message news:$ggWGQ9IBHA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> Which driver are you using?
>
> --
> Simon Caldwell
> Get Real Systems Ltd
> Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL
> Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 481666
> Visit us at www.getrealsystems.com
>
> Specialists in e-Procurement and supply chain technology
>
>
> > "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> > news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> > > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003).
> > > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few
seconds.
> > > Now it takes several minutes.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ken
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Ken
8/14/2001 3:48:54 PM
Try putting something (anything) in dbParm - IIRC there was a bug somewhere
that meant connection was very slow if this parameter was empty.  Thought it
was fixed before 8046, but we always have a value for this property anyway
so I may be wrong.
S.

--
Simon Caldwell
Get Real Systems Ltd
Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL
Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 481666
Visit us at www.getrealsystems.com

Specialists in e-Procurement and supply chain technology


"Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
news:r$BvZvNJBHA.299@forums.sybase.com...
> I'm using  pbmss70.dll
>
> One thing that might be worth mentioning:  The PB 6.5 installation that we
> had previously was on a different pc.  I actually did a new install of PB
> 7.0.2, not an upgrade.
>
> Ken
>
> "Simon Caldwell [TeamSybase]" <simonDOTcaldwellATgetrealsystemsDOTcom>
wrote
> in message news:$ggWGQ9IBHA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> > Which driver are you using?
> >
> > --
> > Simon Caldwell
> > Get Real Systems Ltd
> > Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL
> > Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 481666
> > Visit us at www.getrealsystems.com
> >
> > Specialists in e-Procurement and supply chain technology
> >
> >
> > > "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> > > news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> > > > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003).
> > > > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few
> seconds.
> > > > Now it takes several minutes.
> > > >
> > > > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Ken
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Simon
8/15/2001 8:06:23 AM
That did the trick!

dbParm was empty.  Just before the CONNECT statement, I set it to "X" and
now it connects fine.
Thanks for the help.  You've saved me much grief!

Ken

"Simon Caldwell [TeamSybase]" <simonDOTcaldwellATgetrealsystemsDOTcom> wrote
in message news:9nyITSWJBHA.65@forums.sybase.com...
> Try putting something (anything) in dbParm - IIRC there was a bug
somewhere
> that meant connection was very slow if this parameter was empty.  Thought
it
> was fixed before 8046, but we always have a value for this property anyway
> so I may be wrong.
> S.
>
> --
> Simon Caldwell
> Get Real Systems Ltd
> Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL
> Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 481666
> Visit us at www.getrealsystems.com
>
> Specialists in e-Procurement and supply chain technology
>
>
> "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> news:r$BvZvNJBHA.299@forums.sybase.com...
> > I'm using  pbmss70.dll
> >
> > One thing that might be worth mentioning:  The PB 6.5 installation that
we
> > had previously was on a different pc.  I actually did a new install of
PB
> > 7.0.2, not an upgrade.
> >
> > Ken
> >
> > "Simon Caldwell [TeamSybase]" <simonDOTcaldwellATgetrealsystemsDOTcom>
> wrote
> > in message news:$ggWGQ9IBHA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> > > Which driver are you using?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Simon Caldwell
> > > Get Real Systems Ltd
> > > Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL
> > > Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 481666
> > > Visit us at www.getrealsystems.com
> > >
> > > Specialists in e-Procurement and supply chain technology
> > >
> > >
> > > > "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> > > > news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> > > > > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003).
> > > > > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few
> > seconds.
> > > > > Now it takes several minutes.
> > > > >
> > > > > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > Ken
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Ken
8/15/2001 3:31:34 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Connection of PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0 & Version B/W PB 6.0 and PB 7.0
Can anyone tell me about connecting PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0. Please remember we are not planning to upgrade both software. When I was trying to connect PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0, error occurred " SQLSTAT 1003". OS=NT 4.0 Server PB=6.0 Enterprise Edition SQL SERVER=7.0 Corporate Edition I also want to know the versions between PB 6.0 to PB 7.0 If your are using the ODBC, which I assume you are, include Disablebind=1 in your DBParm. If your deployment environment is also NT, you will have to turn SQLSPY=1 using PFC services. Autocommit=FALSE and SetTransObject() ra...

Help me about connecting PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0 & Versions B/W PB 6.0 and PB 7.0
Can anyone tell me about connecting PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0. Please remember we are not planning to upgrade both software. When I was trying to connect PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0, error occurred " SQLSTAT 1003". OS=NT 4.0 Server PB=6.0 Enterprise Edition SQL SERVER=7.0 Corporate Edition I also want to know the versions between PB 6.0 to PB 7.0 I don't believe this is going to be possible without at least upgrading to the latest maintenance release of 6.x. On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 00:59:56 -0700, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Abdul Lateef <abdul_lat...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 6.5 connect to SQL SERVER 7.0
I just want to migrate my Microsoft SQL SERVER 6.5 to SQL SERVER 7.0. I want to know are there any problem to connect with SQL SERVER 7.0 ???? TIA Regards Daniel Fransius YES. Please look in the 'database' group of early August for a discussion topic 'PB 6.5 & MSSQL 6.5->7'. Daniel Fransius <DanielFr@cbn.net.id> wrote in message news:dIPJ#gh4#GA.207@forums.sybase.com... > I just want to migrate my Microsoft SQL SERVER 6.5 to SQL SERVER 7.0. > I want to know are there any problem to connect with SQL SERVER 7.0 ???? > > TIA ...

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

pb 7.0.3 build 10089 and sql server 7.0 : Slow Connection
We've got the same problem as earlier mentioned by Ken Freeman (see message below), but we're using pb version 7.0.3 Build 10089 and sql server 7.0?!!? Can anyone help us? "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. > Now it takes several minutes. > > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown? > > Thanks, > Ken > > ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0 connectivity
I have a PB 6.5 application running with SQL-Anywhere. I have recently tried to re-establish the database on Microsoft SQL-SERVER 7.0. I have loaded the native client-side software to connect to MS 7.0 and was successful with the connection. However, when I tried to establish a connection via the PB 6.5 development environment (DB painter and etc.), I received a "S1003 - Program type out of range" message from within the PB 6.5 database painter. I didn't receive the error message when I connected to the database... but only when I tried to actually do something thru ...

PB 6.5 to MS SQL server 7.0 connectivity
Greetings Seem to much discussion on this topic...I desperately need the answer at the end of the book. We are upgrading to SQL 7 and MUST be live with our PB 6.5 app in 3 weeks. PowerSoft/Sybase preferred or recommended configuration?? Please respond with any recommendations on: PB versions / builds PB drivers SQL Server client software Native drivers VS OLEDB VS ODBC etc... PB support of 7.0 new features: specifically the 8K varchar DataType thanks <pc> ...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Connecting from ASE 11.9.2 to MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0
Hello, How can I get an ASE server to access data on an MS SQL Server (v6.5)? Can ASE reliably execute an rpc call on MS SQL Server or do I have to use something like Component Integration Services? Thanks, Martin V. I believe you need DirectConnect for MS-SQL along with CIS. Try posting this one over in sybase.public.gateways also to verify. Or maybe Gordon will poke his head in here and see this one.... mvirta@olgc.on.ca wrote: > Hello, > > How can I get an ASE server to access data on an MS SQL Server (v6.5)? > > Can ASE reliably execute a...

PB 7.0.1
Hi, I just found a solution for correcting the memory leak in 7.0.1, when connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5. May be this is already fixed in the latest releases. I just want to share this in case it's useful to any of you guys. When you connect to the MS SQL Server 6.5 database, be sure to have atleast something in your DBParm attribute of the DBProfile (or SQLCA transaction object at runtime). For example (SQLCA.DBParm = "AppName='IRIS',Host='ZNF9'"). In development time in the DBProfile dialog under "Network" tabpage Enter something i...

Connection to MS SQL Server 7.0 with PB application built in 5.5.04
FYI.... I am in the process of upgrade an application database from MS SQL server 6.0 to 7.0 and I would like to know if there is a driver download that I can get so that I don't have to also upgrade the application as well. Is a database driver download available? It there is, where do I get it from? Thanks for the help. (My gut feeling is that the application will also have to be upgrade for the new native driver... Please say I am wrong) .......Shane Hi Shane, MS 7 does not have a native driver...

Web resources about - PB 7.0.2 and SQL Server 6.5 slow connection - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...

iMedia Connection: Interactive Marketing News, Features, Podcasts and Video - iMediaConnection.com
High-quality data, if not used properly, can still lead marketers to make bad decisions. Consider these common ways that numbers are used to ...

HTTP persistent connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... tacked on to an existing protocol. If the browser supports keep-alive, it adds an additional header to the request: Following this, the connection ...

CareerSonar Turns Facebook Friends Into Job Connections
Looking for a job ? Among your Facebook friends lies the potential for employment. CareerSonar , a new service, brings together a person’s connections ...

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Internet connections at UK universities have been knocked out by a 'persistent' cyber attack
... internet following a targeted cyber attack on a nationwide education network. The University of Manchester said on Tuesday its internet connection ...

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in connection with the 2014 murder ...
CBS Local MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in connection with the 2014 murder ... CBS Local Raksin was shot to death walking to ...

Resources last updated: 12/10/2015 8:26:07 AM