PB 7.0 and MS-SQL Server 7.0 login problem

I am having a problem connecting my app to the MS SQL-Server database. I'm
sure it's something obvious that I'm missing. From my computer, it connects
just finewith no login box. When I try to connect from a different computer,
a login window pops up with "Admin" as the log in name. The database should
be using a trusted connection from a computer within the domain. The user on
the computer is successfully logged into the (NT 4) domain. Any ideas what I
am failing to do?

0
Steve

You must provide a valid login id on the other PC you specified and this
login must be valid in MSS 7 too. And dont forget to check the integrated
check box on the Connection tab page on db profiles

Steve Hansen <SteveHansen@st-ives.com> wrote in message
> I am having a problem connecting my app to the MS SQL-Server database. I'm
> sure it's something obvious that I'm missing. From my computer, it
connects
> just finewith no login box. When I try to connect from a different
computer,
> a login window pops up with "Admin" as the log in name. The database
should
> be using a trusted connection from a computer within the domain. The user
on
> the computer is successfully logged into the (NT 4) domain. Any ideas what
> am failing to do?

0
Davin

Problem with PB 7.0 And MS SQL Server 7.0 ODBC
I am having some problem using PowerBuilder 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 and ODBC. Arguments to datawindows and nested SQL doesn't seem the work properly. The following is some lines from the ODBC trace-file: SELECT report.reportkey, report.reporttype, report.reportname FROM report WHERE exists (SELECT reportparam.reportkey FROM reportparam WHERE ( reportparam.reportkey = report.reportkey ) AND reportparam.paramtype = ? )) ORDER BY report.reportname VCHAR Length=4 ID=:as_paramtype *test* (10 MilliSeconds) Error 999 (rc -1) : SQLSTATE ...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

PROBLEM with PB 7.0.3 AND SQL SERVER 7.0 USING SQL CURSOR
I am having a problem running a sql command with a cursor with Native drivers for MS sql Server 7.0.If i use ODBC or take out the order by clause in the statement it works fine By the way I am running powerbuilder 7.0.3 build 10009 The error code is : (Error 10008 (DB-Library) DB-Library Severity Level 9 Message Text ad token from SQL Server: Datastream processing out of synchronization) here a sample of the code DECLARE cur_Sec1 CURSOR FOR SELECT DISTINCT COL1,COL2 FROM TABLE1 WHERE COL1 = ??? ORDER BY COL1 ASC ; <<<<<<<<<<< ...

Problem regarding the connection of PB 7.0 with SQL 7.0
I'm calling some stored procedures written in SQL Server 7.0 from the Power Builder 7.0 through the SQL Server native driver connection. It doesn't return back whenever I execute it from the Frontend while it works perfectly when I execute that stored procedure from Query Analyser directly. It has been working fine when I did the same operetion using PB 6.5 & SQL 6.5. Plz help me in this regard as soon as possible. Regards, Guls try to trap SQLCA.SQLCode, SQLCA.SQLDBCode and SQLCA.SQLErrText and include them in the post - this will allow localize the problem better...

PB 7.0.2 and MS SQL Server 7.0
Hello everyone, I am running PB 7.0.2 (Build 8046) and I am trying to connect to MS SQL Server 7.0 database. I can connect to the database via ODBC with no problems, but when I attempt to use the MS SQL Client Software 7.0, I get an error "Could not connect to database." Is SQL Client Software v7.0 even supported with PB 7x or do I have to go to 6.0 of SQL Client? -- Thanks, Daryl L. Avery Development Technologies Consultant Software Spectrum, Inc. E-mail: Daryl.Avery@SoftwareSpectrum.com Website: SoftwareSpectrum.com Voice: (972) 864-5114 Fax: (972) 864-3292 ...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 7.0 Client Cursor and MS SQL Server 7.0
We are in the process of migrating from MS SQL 6.5 to MS SQL 7.0 and are running with PB 7.0 build 5031. Our PB application uses a cursor which works fine with MS SQL 6.5 but we are getting the following error with MS SQL 7.0 when we open the cursor: SQLCODE = -1 SQLDBCODE = 999 SQLERRTEXT= "34000[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Invalid cursor name" Is there a different database connection setting, different way to set up transaction object, different setting on ODBC connection, or something else that we should be doing or looking at when we go...

PB 7.0 DataWindows and MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedures
I'm having some problems with creating a datawindow from a stored procedure. I have migraited a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0 with no difficulties. This app has datawindows that are running off of stored procs. But, when I try to create a new tabular datawindow fromscratch (I also tried this using a stored proc that is being used to power other datawindows) I get the following message: Cannot create DataWindow 'Data-conversion resulted in overflow' If any one knows what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate the help. BTW, I am connecting with the native MS SQL Ser...

PB 7.0 DataWindows and MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedures
I'm having some problems with creating a datawindow from a stored procedure. I have migraited a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0 with no difficulties. This app has datawindows that are running off of stored procs. But, when I try to create a new tabular datawindow fromscratch (I also tried this using a stored proc that is being used to power other datawindows) I get the following message: Cannot create DataWindow 'Data-conversion resulted in overflow' If any one knows what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate the help. BTW, I am connecting with the native MS SQL Serv...

pb 7.0.3 build 10089 and sql server 7.0 : Slow Connection
We've got the same problem as earlier mentioned by Ken Freeman (see message below), but we're using pb version 7.0.3 Build 10089 and sql server 7.0?!!? Can anyone help us? "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. > Now it takes several minutes. > > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown? > > Thanks, > Ken > > ...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Web resources about - PB 7.0 and MS-SQL Server 7.0 login problem - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Martin Place, we have a problem
A change in global conditions means that the positive economic momentum provided by a weakened Aussie dollar could soon come to a screeching ...

Apple’s App Store has a copyright infringement problem, business owner claims
... iOS apps scraping content from the web and packaging it in paid apps. While developer relations issues often get a lot of attention, the problem ...

Marco Rubio accidentally stumbles on the problem with religious pandering
... plan for the universe and for our lives that we are just not going to know the answer to. God’s ways are not our ways.” There are two problems ...

Recharge Wrap-up: Formula E battery award, Tesla NOx problem
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Motorsports , Plants/Manufacturing , Tesla , Emissions , Fuel Efficiency , Technology , Electric Williams ...

Open Thread: “Whisper Campaigns and Zipper Problems”
... attach names to narratives like this, then JEB! is TOAST! (at least in 2016). And second, the “well known” rumors that Rubio’s financial problems ...

Pandora CEO: This is why giving people access to music that's 'free all the time' is a problem
... the power to patch the leak. If they don’t, genuine attempts to get consumers to pay for music will increasingly fall on deaf ears. This problem ...

Just Cause 3 PC graphics problems reported
Fans complain of visual bugs and glitches as developer cites issues with latest AMD graphics drivers.

Trump: Obama Is ‘Really Out Of It’ When Calling Climate Change The ‘Greatest Problem Confronting Our ...
Trump: Obama Is ‘Really Out Of It’ When Calling Climate Change The ‘Greatest Problem Confronting Our Country’

Obama: Climate Problem Can Be Solved
... Barack Obama said Tuesday global warming posed economic and security risks that had to be tackled immediately, but insisted the climate problem ...