PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)

Hey,

I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the
PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1).  tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle
utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just
not PB.  If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7,
@tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if
you try again).  He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed.  I
have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine.  We've tried SQL-Net
8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB.  That machine has my
tnsnames.ora file (which I know works)...

Any ideas?

Jason

P.S. I know that I cross posted this msg, but I'm getting desperate

0
Jason

Jason;

  Works OK for me with PB 8.0.3. I think you are just in a too old version
of PB.

regards .. Chris

"Jason Vogel" <jasonvogel@poboxes.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the
> PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1).  tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle
> utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just
> not PB.  If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7,
> @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if
> you try again).  He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed.  I
> have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine.  We've tried
SQL-Net
> 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB.  That machine has
my
> tnsnames.ora file (which I know works)...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jason
>
> P.S. I know that I cross posted this msg, but I'm getting desperate

0
Chris
1/28/2003 4:08:18 PM
I agree that 6.5.1 is old, but it's still our production version, and
connects to Oracle many times a day. Our Oracle is 8.1.7, if that makes a
difference.
Try it without the tns:, just @sun3500.
If that doesn't work, what build of 6.5.1 are you on? Ours is 1299, with the
Oracle driver that came in that patch, I think it's pbo7360.

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@ajja.com> wrote in message
> Jason;
>
>   Works OK for me with PB 8.0.3. I think you are just in a too old version
> of PB.
>
> regards .. Chris
>
> "Jason Vogel" <jasonvogel@poboxes.com> wrote in message
> > Hey,
> >
> > I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within
the
> > PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1).  tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle
> > utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but
just
> > not PB.  If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7,
> > @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514
(if
> > you try again).  He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed.
> > have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine.  We've tried
> SQL-Net
> > 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB.  That machine has
> my
> > tnsnames.ora file (which I know works)...
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Jason
> >
> > P.S. I know that I cross posted this msg, but I'm getting desperate

0
Jerry
1/28/2003 5:01:36 PM
Oracle commandment: "Thou shall not connect to a database with a lower
version than the client version."
It works in many cases, but in many cases it will cause grief.  That's an
Oracle restriction, not a PB restriction.
PB6 does not support Oracle 9 client.  If it happens to work, you are
playing with fire.

Anyways, if you get ora-12514, check that:
- you are using the right tnsnames.ora.  By default it will be in the
%oracle_home%\network\admin directory.  But if you have a TNS_ADMIN
environment variable set, (either as an OS variable or in the registry under
hklm\software\oracle\homeX), that will point to a different location
- verify that your sqlnet.ora is in sync with the tnsnames.ora, specifically
the value for the NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN parameter.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Jason Vogel" <jasonvogel@poboxes.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the
> PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1).  tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle
> utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just
> not PB.  If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7,
> @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if
> you try again).  He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed.  I
> have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine.  We've tried
SQL-Net
> 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB.  That machine has
my
> tnsnames.ora file (which I know works)...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jason
>
> P.S. I know that I cross posted this msg, but I'm getting desperate

0
Terry
1/28/2003 5:36:37 PM
Jason;

    Good words of wisdom from Terry.

"He knows of that which he speaks!"

Regards ... Chris

"Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
> Oracle commandment: "Thou shall not connect to a database with a lower
> version than the client version."
> It works in many cases, but in many cases it will cause grief.  That's an
> Oracle restriction, not a PB restriction.
> PB6 does not support Oracle 9 client.  If it happens to work, you are
> playing with fire.
>
> Anyways, if you get ora-12514, check that:
> - you are using the right tnsnames.ora.  By default it will be in the
> %oracle_home%\network\admin directory.  But if you have a TNS_ADMIN
> environment variable set, (either as an OS variable or in the registry
under
> hklm\software\oracle\homeX), that will point to a different location
> - verify that your sqlnet.ora is in sync with the tnsnames.ora,
specifically
> the value for the NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN parameter.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/
>

> "Jason Vogel" <jasonvogel@poboxes.com> wrote in message
> > Hey,
> >
> > I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within
the
> > PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1).  tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle
> > utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but
just
> > not PB.  If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7,
> > @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514
(if
> > you try again).  He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed.
> > have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine.  We've tried
> SQL-Net
> > 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB.  That machine has
> my
> > tnsnames.ora file (which I know works)...
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Jason
> >
> > P.S. I know that I cross posted this msg, but I'm getting desperate

0
Chris

How do I connect PB 6.5 to Oracle 8.1.6 using Net8.1.6?
I am using PB6.5 (build 444) and I've Installed Oracle client (Net8) v8.1.6 to connect to Oracle Server 8.1.6. I can connect via SQL*Plus; however, When i try to connect thru Powerbuilder i get the following message: "Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154" Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Which driver are you trying to use? The 7.x drivers require the '@' prefix, the 8.x drivers don't (and will generate such an error message if you provide it). On Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:40:13 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerb...

Memory error on connect after disonnect NT4 / ORACLE 8.1.6 /PB 6.5.1
Hi, With this code, I have a memroy error on the line connect. It's not doing it on debug. I am very concerned... COMMIT ; Disconnect ; IF SQLCA.SQLCode = -1 THEN .... END IF Destroy(SQLCA) SQLCA = Create u_transaction ls_database = ProfileString (App.is_fichierIni, "Environnement", "Database", "") SQLCA.DBMS = ProfileString (App.is_fichierIni, ls_database , "DBMS", "") SQLCA.ServerName = ProfileString (App.is_fichierIni, ls_database, "ServerName", "") SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.D...

PB 6.5.1 and Oracle 8.05 & 8.1.5 #3
I have PB 6.5.1 and want to connect to Oracle 8.05 onwards maybe upto 8.1.5. After seeing all the messages about this problem, I have downloaded the file Pbo8460.dll and copied this file into PowerSoft/shared directory. Changed the PBOR860.dll into PBOR860.old.dll. Added ",O84 Oracle 8.0.4" in the vendors line of the ini file. Restarted the powerbuilder. Try to create a new profile for Oralce 8 and I am getting an error "Unable to load the requested Powersoft database interface. Please make sure both the interface and client software are properly installed." Wh...

Connecting Metaworks 6.1.5 to Oracle 8.1.6
I am setting up the ODBC connection from a Windows NT client running PowerDesigner DataArchitect and Metaworks 6.1.5, and Oracle 8.1.6 Net8, to Windows NT server running Oracle 8.1.6 Server Enterprise Edition. I have installed the following ODBC drivers in C:\Winnt\System32: Intersolv DataDirect pbor712.dll 3.01.0002 Intersolv DataDirect pdor712.dll 3.01.0000 Microsoft ODBC for Oracle msorcl32.dll 2.573.4202.00 Oracle ODBC Driver sqora32.dll 8.01.06.00 My Oracle Net8 8.1.6 service identification for the database where the Metaworks schema is located has the following properties: S...

selecting ? selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9. go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6
hello friends selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4.(sometime even 5., 6.) is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9.(sometimes 5., 6.,) go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow ?? recordcount is almost 1.050.000.. i do selecting 1.2.3. go on same page with treeview1.. treeview1 in masterpage.master.. gridview1 and datasource1 are in pagelist.aspx (it connets datasource1)..productnumber is primarykey for index.. kategori, kategori1 and kategori2, price, datemin are index from keys/index in table1 (right clicking menu)....

CLOBs, PB 6.5 app and Oracle 7.2.3->8.1.6 or 8.1.7
Hi All, I tested my PB 6.5 app with an Oracle 8.1.6 database where LONG fields have been converted into CLOBs, and the app refused to deal with CLOBs. For now, I'm okay, because (for other reasons) the CLOB conversion has been delayed. But have other people found good results accessing these new Oracle types from PB applications? What have your experiences been? Thanks, Linda ...

PB5: Connecting with OR8 (PBOR8050.DLL) to Oracle 8.1.5 works, 8.1.6 bombs
I have two Oracle servers to connect to. One running version 8.1.5, the other 8.1.6. I'm using PB 5.04 and the OR8 Oracle 8.x driver. My application bombs out after connect at the first data access when reading from 8.1.6 but not from 8.1.5. Also, the PB5 database painter bombs too if I try to open any table for data manipulation. OTOH catalog lookup and opening the alter table dialog etc. works with 8.1.6. Anything to try except moving to 6.5.1? Installing 7.3 Oracle Clients is also not an option for me :-( TIA Marcus The O73 driver works with 8i. But if that's n...

PB 6.5.1 Native Connect to Oracle 8.1.7
Had PB 6.5.1 and Oracle 8.1.5 enterprise and enterprise manager installed on my Win2000 machine. All worked fine. Upgraded both Oracle packages to Oracle 8.1.7 - tested all tools, TNS Ping, etc. OK. PB failed to connect - could not find ORA803.DLL. Found that dll on another machine with 8.1.5 still loaded, but just put the error off another dll. Added that dll; could not connect. Looks like a major re-write of SQL*NET. Just for thoroughness, tried again by doing a complete uninstall of all Oracle components (using hints from Oracle about flushing some protected registry entri...

PB 6.5.1 and Oracle 8.05 & 8.1.5
I have PB 6.5.1 and want to connect to Oracle 8.05 onwards maybe upto 8.1.5. After seeing all the messages about this problem, I have downloaded the file Pbo8460.dll and copied this file into PowerSoft/shared directory. Changed the PBOR860.dll into PBOR860.old.dll. Added ",O84 Oracle 8.0.4" in the vendors line of the ini file. Restarted the powerbuilder. Try to create a new profile for Oralce 8 and I am getting an error "Unable to load the requested Powersoft database interface. Please make sure both the interface and client software are properly installed." Wh...

PB 6.5 Connectivity with Oracle 8.1.5
I have installed Oracle 8.1.5 client in PC and the DBMS I use is o84. When running Powerbuilder application built by PB 6.5, An error "TNS : Cannot resolve service name" ocurs. But I can connect that TNSNAMES through SQL Plus 8.1.5. What's wrong with it? Thanks. Francis Make sure that you don't specify the '@" as part of the servername, as you do with the O73 driver: sqlca.servername = 'PROD' -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Francis <NOCANSPAM_c...

PB 6.5.1 against Oracle 8.1.6
We are planning to upgrade our Powerbuilder 6.5.1 app running against Oracle 7.3.4.4 to run against Oracle 8.1.6. It seems that a lot of people are doing the same thing. However, people keep referring to obtaining a later build number of Powerbuilder. Am I understanding this correctly that that versions of Powerbuilder have multiple builds. For instance, Powerbuilder 6.5.1 has multiple builds ? How do you determine the current build number you are running ? Help..About does not work. Where can I get the latest build ? I do not plan to use the new features of Oracle 8.1.6 so...

kdesvn 1.0.5 or 1.0.6 for KDE 3.5 subversion 1.6.3?
Installed: Code: -------------------- Subversion 1.6.3-1.1 KDE 3.5.10 -------------------- I upgraded subversion to 1.6.3, and wanted to make sure I had the latest kdesvn for KDE 3.5 and subversion 1.6.3. I went to kdesvn support site but it wasn't clear if 1.0.5 was sufficient for subversion 1.6, so I downloaded kdesvn 1.0.6 and built it myself (previously 1.0.5 had come from opensuse). Everything looked okay, but... When I click on the Help | Info about kdesvn part I see: Code: -------------------- Built with subversion library 1.4.4 Running ...

PB 6.5.1 and Oracle 8.05 & 8.1.5 #2
I have PB 6.5.1 and want to connect to Oracle 8.05 onwards maybe upto 8.1.5. After seeing all the messages about this problem, I have downloaded the file Pbo8460.dll and copied this file into PowerSoft/shared directory. Changed the PBOR860.dll into PBOR860.old.dll. Added ",O84 Oracle 8.0.4" in the vendors line of the ini file. Restarted the powerbuilder. Try to create a new profile for Oralce 8 and I am getting an error "Unable to load the requested Powersoft database interface. Please make sure both the interface and client software are properly installed." Wh...

Web resources about - PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620) - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Connect Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connect Four (also known as Captain's Mistress , Four Up , Plot Four , Find Four , Fourplay , Four in a Row and Four in a Line ) is a two-player ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

Kinvey Connects Mobile Apps To Facebook’s Open Graph
Facebook’s open graph technology is great for Web applications that want to better connect with users through the social network. But what about ...

Law Firm Partners Need To Connect Personally With Each Other To Manage Their Firm Well Together
... private lawyers must remember that their firms are businesses (if not typical businesses), in order to run their firms well, they need to connect ...

IFTTT gains support for Honeywell Total Connect Comfort with new channel
... creative ideas to make this even better and one of those is home automation. With that in mind, IFTTT is unveiling its Honeywell Total Connect ...

Hillary Clinton connects with Latina voters - Business Insider Deutschland
Clinton is building a targeted campaign infrastructure aimed at Latinas.

Crave giveaway: 128GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick
Win a $99.99 compact storage device for the mobile era that has its own Wi-Fi network built right in. Can't beat that for a Black Friday deal. ...

Google Search Connects Trump To Hitler
Searching for Trump's book suggests Mein Kampf as related search

Salesforce Connect Improves Data Integration for Enterprise Apps
Salesforce has renamed and updated its Lightning Connect services to help users access and manage data in external enterprise apps.

Entrepreneur Sets Goal To Connect Everyone To Needed Healthcare; She's Off To A Good Start
Grace Garey is a young social entrepreneur whose goal is to connect every person on the planet to needed healthcare. She's off to a good start. ...