PB 6.5 / MS SQL Server 7.0

Will the PB 6.5 / MS 6.x native driver work with MS SQL server 7.0?

I would like to use PB 6.5 w/MS 7.0 or maybe even MS 2000.

Any advice would help.

Thanks / Tp

0
Tom

We've been using PB 6.5 with MS SQL 7 and 2000 for about a year now without
any problems.

Chris
"Tom Pitts" <TPitts@Hillyard.com> wrote in message
Will the PB 6.5 / MS 6.x native driver work with MS SQL server 7.0?

I would like to use PB 6.5 w/MS 7.0 or maybe even MS 2000.

Any advice would help.

Thanks / Tp

0
Chris

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0 connectivity
I have a PB 6.5 application running with SQL-Anywhere. I have recently tried to re-establish the database on Microsoft SQL-SERVER 7.0. I have loaded the native client-side software to connect to MS 7.0 and was successful with the connection. However, when I tried to establish a connection via the PB 6.5 development environment (DB painter and etc.), I received a "S1003 - Program type out of range" message from within the PB 6.5 database painter. I didn't receive the error message when I connected to the database... but only when I tried to actually do something thru ...

PB 6.5 to MS SQL server 7.0 connectivity
Greetings Seem to much discussion on this topic...I desperately need the answer at the end of the book. We are upgrading to SQL 7 and MUST be live with our PB 6.5 app in 3 weeks. PowerSoft/Sybase preferred or recommended configuration?? Please respond with any recommendations on: PB versions / builds PB drivers SQL Server client software Native drivers VS OLEDB VS ODBC etc... PB support of 7.0 new features: specifically the 8K varchar DataType thanks <pc> ...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

PB 7.0.1
Hi, I just found a solution for correcting the memory leak in 7.0.1, when connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5. May be this is already fixed in the latest releases. I just want to share this in case it's useful to any of you guys. When you connect to the MS SQL Server 6.5 database, be sure to have atleast something in your DBParm attribute of the DBProfile (or SQLCA transaction object at runtime). For example (SQLCA.DBParm = "AppName='IRIS',Host='ZNF9'"). In development time in the DBProfile dialog under "Network" tabpage Enter something i...

PB 6.5, MS SQL Server 7.0 and MS Access 97
Since we installed MS SQL Server 7.0 (which updated our Data Access Drivers), we are no longer able to reference Access 97 from PowerBuilder. I get an error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range Any idea what might be going on? Thanks, Cliff Different ODBC drivers are not compatible. There is an updated ODBC patch for PB 6.5 on the SDN, that might solve your problem. Else you'll probably have to reinstall Access 97 (and risk braking SQL Server 7). -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Cliff Koehler wrote in message <3Cb...

Connection to MS SQL Server 7.0 with PB application built in 5.5.04
FYI.... I am in the process of upgrade an application database from MS SQL server 6.0 to 7.0 and I would like to know if there is a driver download that I can get so that I don't have to also upgrade the application as well. Is a database driver download available? It there is, where do I get it from? Thanks for the help. (My gut feeling is that the application will also have to be upgrade for the new native driver... Please say I am wrong) .......Shane Hi Shane, MS 7 does not have a native driver...

PB 6.51 -> MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0 DBProcess Dead
I have an app that is connecting two servers and doing data movement back and forth between the two. I am getting a DBProcess is dead message. Any suggestions. I have noticed that the machines are on the same hub but have wildly different TCP/IP addresses ( one is something like 170.1... the other 50.29... ). Any suggestions on things to look for? I am pretty sure it's network problems but I don't know what to look for. P.S. - It's the first install at a customer site were trying to do so any help would be appreciated ASAP!!!! Thanks again! ...

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 / MS SQL Server 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

New GIGABYTE Server Motherboards Show Xeon D Round 2
... the most awesome product Intel has delivered in years, even if it is slightly hidden away from the mainstream’. There is interest both server ...

Linux bug imperils tens of millions of PCs, servers, and Android phones
(credit: amalthya ) For almost three years, millions of servers and smaller devices running Linux have been vulnerable to attacks that allow ...

Qualcomm will manufacture server chips in China
Qualcomm has entered an agreement with the Chinese province of Guizhou to enter into a joint venture to develop chips for server systems. This ...

I just got a look under the lid of all the servers you use when you check your Facebook news feed
... drone Aquila, given demos of Oculus and Samsung VR, and we also got up close and personal with the bits of Facebook you rarely see: Its servers. ...

Clinton's server had emails beyond top secret level
The Inspector General recently updated Congress on the contents of the former secretary of state's home server

Qualcomm sets up joint venture in China for server chips
Qualcomm is setting up a server chipset design and sales unit with a provincial government in China, a move that could help boost the company's ...

Report: Emails At The Highest Classification Levels Found On Hillary’s Private Server
Report: Emails At The Highest Classification Levels Found On Hillary’s Private Server

Inventec to see server revenues grow 5-10% in 2016
Inventec is expected to see its server revenues grow 5-10% on year in 2016, buoyed by orders from the data center sector as well as branded server ...

Qualcomm to Make Server Chips in China
The company partners with the Guizhou Province to create a joint venture that will design, develop and sell ARM-based data center SoCs.