PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0

Hi everybody,

I hope someboby can help me.

1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20
drivers?

2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4=
t=20
use it due to:
- The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible =

using more than one transcction object.
- It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that=
=20
i can't develop.

Thanks in advanced.

Ulises Gomez
RCI Mexico
ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com
0
ulises

1. Upgrade to 6.5.1
2. Which version/build of PB7?  We don't get the slow connection at all, in
fact the connection is faster than in PB5 (we benchmarked this).  Make sure
that (1) you are using the latest build (7.0.2 build 8046), and (2) you have
a value in the dbParm property (it doesn't matter what, but we use
SQLCA.DBParm = "CommitOnDisconnect='No',AppName='PROACTIS'"

S.

<ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com> wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I hope someboby can help me.

1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native
drivers?

2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can�t
use it due to:
- The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible
using more than one transcction object.
- It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that
i can't develop.

Thanks in advanced.

Ulises Gomez
RCI Mexico
ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com

0
Simon
9/29/2000 8:29:12 AM
Con PB6.5 no pudimos encontrar los DLL requeridos, entonces migramos a PB7.0
y estamos conect�ndonos con OLE DB que parecer�a ser el m�todo de conexi�n
que van ha impulsar para el futuro. Es m�s r�pido que ODBC.

<ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias
A6F7F028E5341216007DBD9885256968.007DBDA885256968@webforums...
Hi everybody,

I hope someboby can help me.

1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native
drivers?

2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can�t
use it due to:
- The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible
using more than one transcction object.
- It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that
i can't develop.

Thanks in advanced.

Ulises Gomez
RCI Mexico
ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com

0
Julio

I got the same problem - if you have any fix to your problem pLeASE !!! tell
me how to resolve that !! : sebastien.chandonnet@ca.pwcglobal.com

S.Chandonnet

<ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com> wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I hope someboby can help me.

1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native
drivers?

2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can�t
use it due to:
- The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible
using more than one transcction object.
- It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that
i can't develop.

Thanks in advanced.

Ulises Gomez
RCI Mexico
ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com

0
Sebastien

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

pb 7.0.3 build 10089 and sql server 7.0 : Slow Connection
We've got the same problem as earlier mentioned by Ken Freeman (see message below), but we're using pb version 7.0.3 Build 10089 and sql server 7.0?!!? Can anyone help us? "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. > Now it takes several minutes. > > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown? > > Thanks, > Ken > > ...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

PB 6.5 connect to SQL SERVER 7.0
I just want to migrate my Microsoft SQL SERVER 6.5 to SQL SERVER 7.0. I want to know are there any problem to connect with SQL SERVER 7.0 ???? TIA Regards Daniel Fransius YES. Please look in the 'database' group of early August for a discussion topic 'PB 6.5 & MSSQL 6.5->7'. Daniel Fransius <DanielFr@cbn.net.id> wrote in message news:dIPJ#gh4#GA.207@forums.sybase.com... > I just want to migrate my Microsoft SQL SERVER 6.5 to SQL SERVER 7.0. > I want to know are there any problem to connect with SQL SERVER 7.0 ???? > > TIA ...

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0 connectivity
I have a PB 6.5 application running with SQL-Anywhere. I have recently tried to re-establish the database on Microsoft SQL-SERVER 7.0. I have loaded the native client-side software to connect to MS 7.0 and was successful with the connection. However, when I tried to establish a connection via the PB 6.5 development environment (DB painter and etc.), I received a "S1003 - Program type out of range" message from within the PB 6.5 database painter. I didn't receive the error message when I connected to the database... but only when I tried to actually do something thru ...

PB 6.5 to MS SQL server 7.0 connectivity
Greetings Seem to much discussion on this topic...I desperately need the answer at the end of the book. We are upgrading to SQL 7 and MUST be live with our PB 6.5 app in 3 weeks. PowerSoft/Sybase preferred or recommended configuration?? Please respond with any recommendations on: PB versions / builds PB drivers SQL Server client software Native drivers VS OLEDB VS ODBC etc... PB support of 7.0 new features: specifically the 8K varchar DataType thanks <pc> ...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

PB 7.0.2 and SQL Server 6.5 slow connection
We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. Now it takes several minutes. Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown? Thanks, Ken Try appling the 8046 EBF "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. > Now it takes several minutes. > > Does a...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

PROBLEM with PB 7.0.3 AND SQL SERVER 7.0 USING SQL CURSOR
I am having a problem running a sql command with a cursor with Native drivers for MS sql Server 7.0.If i use ODBC or take out the order by clause in the statement it works fine By the way I am running powerbuilder 7.0.3 build 10009 The error code is : (Error 10008 (DB-Library) DB-Library Severity Level 9 Message Text ad token from SQL Server: Datastream processing out of synchronization) here a sample of the code DECLARE cur_Sec1 CURSOR FOR SELECT DISTINCT COL1,COL2 FROM TABLE1 WHERE COL1 = ??? ORDER BY COL1 ASC ; <<<<<<<<<<< ...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Web resources about - PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

CRTC Issues First-Ever Warrant To Take Down Toronto-Based Malware Server 4
TORONTO — The CRTC has issued its first warrant under the federal government's anti-spam legislation to take down a Toronto-based malware server ...

Attack floods Internet root servers with 5 million queries a second
Enlarge (credit: rootservers.org ) Early last week, one of the most vital organs of the Internet anatomy came under an unusual attack. On two ...

Server shipments, vendor revenue go up in Q3 2015
In the third quarter of 2015, worldwide server shipments grew 9.2 percent from the third quarter of 2014, while vendor revenue increased 7.5 ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

FBI Director: Obama ‘Certainly’ Would Not Have Received A Briefing On Hillary’s Server Investigation
FBI Director: Obama ‘Certainly’ Would Not Have Received A Briefing On Hillary’s Server Investigation

Hyperscale infrastructure and server-based storage continue to drive spending in enterprise storage ...
... (ODMs) that sell directly to hyperscale datacenters. This portion of the market was up 23.4% on year to US$1.3 billion. Sales of server-based ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

Hyper-V, PowerShell Top IT Pros' Windows Server 2016 Wish List
Container support is nice, but most IT pros are looking forward to Hyper-V virtualization updates and new PowerShell capabilities.