PB 6.0/SQL Server 6.5/NT 4.0 using TCP/IP

I'm trying to connect a client to MS SQL Server 6.5 on NT4.0 over TCP/IP
and am running into a strange situation that I hope someone can help me
with. If I connect to the server in another domain and go out and see
the server, PB will connect without a problem. If I'm not connected to
the server, PB can't make the connection and will time out.

Is there any way you can make the connection without having to have the
OS level connection?

Can anyone also give an area in the manual to look for how the
connection is done to TCP/IP? I looked in Connecting To Your Database
and didn't find anything useful.

Thanks for you help.

JB.

0
Jeffrey

PB 6.5.1 app cant connect to MS SQL 7.0 using TCP/IP protocol
"A SQLServer request resulted in a bad return code or status but no error message was returned" I get this message trying to accessing a database in MS SQL 7.0. I use PB 6.5.1 native driver, "TCP/IP" network library and MS SQL 7.0 client dlls. If the default network library is "Named Pipes" then I can connect, but the SQL Server seems to me too slow. I am running out of time. If you any one help me to come out from this problem I'll be greateful to you. I have the same problem. However, when I dial into another machine using Dial up netw...

PB 6.5.1 app cant connect to MS SQL 7.0 using TCP/IP protocol
"A SQLServer request resulted in a bad return code or status but no error message was returned" I get this message trying to accessing a database in MS SQL 7.0. I use PB 6.5.1 native driver, "TCP/IP" network library and MS SQL 7.0 client dlls. If the default network library is "Named Pipes" then I can connect, but the SQL Server seems to me too slow. Is it possible to connect from PB 6.5.1 to MS SQL 7.0 using native driver ? I am running out of time. If you any one help me to come out from this problem I'll be greateful to you. ...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

Problem with PB 6.0, SQL Server 6.5, Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0
I have a strange problem using Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0 for SQL Server 6.5; when I work with PB 6.0 and I use the Database painter, PB open two connections to the database. Into the first connection the statements are: use <Dbname> SET ANSI_NULL_DFTL_ON ON exec Sp_SeRvEr_InFo exec sp_server_info exec sp_datatype_info 0 In the second connection, PB execute the statement required by the painter. In the first connection no other requests appair and the connection seems 'suspended' until I close PB. This behavior is replicate when I run the application from PB ...

Second posting for problem with PB 6.0, SQL Server 6.5, Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0
I have a strange problem using Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0 for SQL Server 6.5; when I work with PB 6.0 and I use the Database painter, PB open two connections to the database. Into the first connection the statements are: use <Dbname> SET ANSI_NULL_DFTL_ON ON exec Sp_SeRvEr_InFo exec sp_server_info exec sp_datatype_info 0 In the second connection, PB execute the statement required by the painter. In the first connection no other requests appair and the connection seems 'suspended' until I close PB. This behavior is replicate when I run the application from PB (I...

Upgrading 4.0 to 5.0 then 6.0 or go straight to 6.0
Hi All, I think the subject speaks for itself Thanks in advance Mustafa You should have no trouble going straight to 6 from 4. Once you do this, go back and get rid of the obsolete function calls. -- Regards, Millard[TeamPowersoft] -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ mf3@gatesys.com Co-Author of PowerBuilder 5.0: Object Oriented Design and Development McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0-07-024469-3 Co-Author of PFC Professional Reference (Block, Brown, Gasin, Green & Tauber) McGraw-Hill, 0-07-913267-7 -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+...

Problem using PB 5.0.3 and PB 6.0 on the Same NT Workstation
Help! I'm having a problem with PB 5.0.3 and PB 6.0 on the same machine. Some history: We are running a PB5 application (16bit) in a Windows 3.11 environment but are doing some of the development on NT(PB5.0.3 32 bit). When we compile the app, we do it on a 16 bit machine. Up until now, we've been able to run the app with no problems on both Windows 3.11 and NT. Last week I installed PB6 on my NT machine and within a few days I was starting to have problems running the app in develepment in PB 5. The only thing I did in PB 6 so far is just try to connect to the MSS SQ...

PB 5.0.04 on NT 4.0 running MS SQL Server 7.0?
Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. Are there new SQL drivers available or required? TIA, pat yuen pyuen@carmafinancial.com 5.0.04 doesn't work with SQL7, you'll need to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or 7.0 Simon Pat Yuen wrote in message ... >Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 >and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. >Are there new SQL drivers available or required?...

ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 ( no patches for any thing installed) After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range on the...

Using PB5.0.3(32bit) and PB 6.0 on the same development NT 4.0 PC
To whom it may concern, Help please if you can! When PB6.0 was installed on a PC (running NT4.0) that was in use as a PB5.03 (32bit) development workstation an apparent problem arose: connectivity to MS SQL Server 6.5 from PB5 was lost. What follows is the error message that is displayed when one attempts to connect to a db: PB050.exe - Bad Image The application or DLL c:\Program Files\Common Files\Powersoft Shared\pbmss050.dll is not a valid Windows NT image. Please check this against your installation diskette. The dll in question was reinstalled and connectivity ...

6.0.4 Agents displays as Ver. 5.5 on properties page/6.0 clients cannot connect
In ConsoleOne Post Office propertied display as Ver. 5.5. Agent loads as 6.0.4, however neither 6 nor 6.0.4 clients can connect to the PO as it says they are not the correct version. czollman@ubesd.k12.or.us wrote: > In ConsoleOne Post Office propertied display as Ver. 5.5. Agent loads as > 6.0.4, Okay - assuming that the domain that owns this post office is indeed a 6.0 domain, try the following. Unload the POA. Copy the files from the 6.0 CD in the PO directory to the post office directory (ngwguard.dc, gwpo.dc, wphost.dc). Reload the POA. Give the POA time to re...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Web resources about - PB 6.0/SQL Server 6.5/NT 4.0 using TCP/IP - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Price Drop: MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your ...
MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your PC, NAS, UPnP servers, Windows Media Player or iTunes ...

Intel Rising; Street Likes Stable Outlook; Server Cracks Appear
... ( MU ) might not move fast enough with the “ 3D Xpoint ” technology the two are developing. Some cracks are appearing in Intel’s server market ...

Dell announces Datacenter Scalable Solutions server line
In an effort to expand its share of the server market, Dell has announced today that it will be launching a new line of servers targeting companies ...

Intel's first server chip with performance-boosting FPGA to ship early in '16
Intel will ship its first Xeon server chip with a programmable FPGA from Altera in the first quarter next year, some 18 months after announcing ...

Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server
Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server

Samsung starts mass production of 128GB DDR4 modules for enterprise servers
Samsung Electronics has announced that it is mass producing the industry's first TSV DDR4 memory in 128GB modules for enterprise servers and ...

Sadelle's Is So Hot That the Servers Are Literally Catching on Fire
Actual flames. Sadelle's, the wildly popular Soho Jewish bakery/bistro from Major Food Group, launched dinner last week with a menu that includes ...

System Vendors Unveil ARM-Based Server Offerings
At SC 15, five companies announce servers running on Cavium's ThunderX SoCs, while Applied Micro announces new interconnect for its X-Gene chips. ...

Many Android apps talk to private servers — and it’s often not clear why
A new report finds that a significant percentage of Android applications engage in covert communication but it's not always clear who they are ...