PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5

I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are
any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL.

Regards

Chris Wilson
chris.wilson@entex.com
0
Chris

In article <35411705.278D@entex.com>, chris.wilson@entex.com says...
> I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are
> any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL

The latest PBMSS050.DLL driver is the one in the 5.0.04 maintenance
release.  I don't believe there is a new driver specific for 6.5.  WHat
version of PB are you using?
--

Andy Turiansky
Team Powersoft
Andy Turiansky [TeamPS] wrote:

> In article <35411705.278D@entex.com>, chris.wilson@entex.com says...
> > I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are
> > any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL
> >

> The latest PBMSS050.DLL driver is the one in the 5.0.04 maintenance
> release.  I don't believe there is a new driver specific for 6.5.  WHat
> version of PB are you using?
> --
>
> Andy Turiansky
> Team Powersoft
> AndyT@DelaNET.Com
> http://www.delanet.com/~aturians/pbh

Andy:

Thanks for your response. I'm currently using PB 5.0.03. Do I still need
to download the 5.0.04 maintenance patches?

Chris
0
Chris

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

PB 5.0 (16 bit) cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

Connecting to MS SQL 6.5 through PB 5.0.02
I have set up a MS SQL ODBC connection in ODBC Administrator that has the server name and database name set, the rest is all default. In PB I make a new database profile called 'MS SQL' and set DBMS to 'ODBC'. In the 'Select Data Source' window that comes up I select the ODBC connection I just made on the 'Machine Data Source' tabpage. When I press OK to connect, PB crashes. I am running Win NT Server 4.0 and it has the MS SQL database, client software and PB installed on it. What am I doing wrong? I've tried all sorts of things like setting ...

Help me!!! PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
After I upgraded my MS SQL Server 6.5 with SP 5a, I found that I couldn't get the query results of database in powerbuilder 5.0. And when I used Database Pointer of PB5.0 to query table, PB 5.0 give a message "XX's data type is not support." and nothing be retrieved. sander_han@hotmail.com This is being addressed in PB 5.0.04, BECAUSE MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5 is required for Y2K. A fix is not publically available yet, but I believe it is imminent. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support joneil@sybase.com A-B-C wrote: > After I upgraded my MS...

MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.x
Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table ? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB gives me an error msg ("Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use.") when trying to connect to a db. Scott...... The first person to connect to the database through PB must have dbo or a subset of dbo privileges or PB won't be able to create the catalog tables. Mickey pottsgf@swbell.net >Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table >? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB...

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

Identity Column
Using PB 5.0 and MS SQL 6.5 After an embeded Insert Statement, I use the following to get the value assigned by the Identity column : INT emp_id DECLARE get_value DYNAMIC CURSOR FOR SQLSA ; PREPARE SQLSA FROM "SELECT @@identity"; OPEN DYNAMIC get_value ; FETCH get_value INTO :emp_id ; CLOSE get_value; The emp_id returned seems to always be NULL. It is supposed to be the last (autoincrement) number assigned to the record inserted into the Employees table. Does anyone know why I am getting a NULL instead of a real value? The column is defined as an Identity in ...

PB 6.5 to MS SQL server 7.0 connectivity
Greetings Seem to much discussion on this topic...I desperately need the answer at the end of the book. We are upgrading to SQL 7 and MUST be live with our PB 6.5 app in 3 weeks. PowerSoft/Sybase preferred or recommended configuration?? Please respond with any recommendations on: PB versions / builds PB drivers SQL Server client software Native drivers VS OLEDB VS ODBC etc... PB support of 7.0 new features: specifically the 8K varchar DataType thanks <pc> ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0 connectivity
I have a PB 6.5 application running with SQL-Anywhere. I have recently tried to re-establish the database on Microsoft SQL-SERVER 7.0. I have loaded the native client-side software to connect to MS 7.0 and was successful with the connection. However, when I tried to establish a connection via the PB 6.5 development environment (DB painter and etc.), I received a "S1003 - Program type out of range" message from within the PB 6.5 database painter. I didn't receive the error message when I connected to the database... but only when I tried to actually do something thru ...

Connection to MS SQL Server 7.0 with PB application built in 5.5.04
FYI.... I am in the process of upgrade an application database from MS SQL server 6.0 to 7.0 and I would like to know if there is a driver download that I can get so that I don't have to also upgrade the application as well. Is a database driver download available? It there is, where do I get it from? Thanks for the help. (My gut feeling is that the application will also have to be upgrade for the new native driver... Please say I am wrong) .......Shane Hi Shane, MS 7 does not have a native driver...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server database, ver 6.5 SP4. Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database. I see many issues regarding a required update for PB 5.0.04. Fine, we'll deal with that. Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a? Also, does anyone have test results using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7? Thanks! If its of any help, I couldn't find any hits in the infobase on service pack 5 or ODBC driver 3.7. Either nobody is having problems wit...

Bad Return Code (MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.04)
Hi there! We have a PB 5.0.04 application that runs without any problem from a Windows 95 workstation. When a user tries to work with it from a Windows NT workstation or directly from the Windows Nt server where the database is installed, he receives some errors that we don't understand. Can anyone of you help us with some ideas? Thanks in advance for your input. The situation is this: DBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 3 Server's Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0 DBMS Client: Client of MS SQL Server 6.5 Ver 1996.04.02 PowerBuilder DLLs: Ver 5...

Web resources about - PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

CRTC Issues First-Ever Warrant To Take Down Toronto-Based Malware Server 4
TORONTO — The CRTC has issued its first warrant under the federal government's anti-spam legislation to take down a Toronto-based malware server ...

Attack floods Internet root servers with 5 million queries a second
Enlarge (credit: rootservers.org ) Early last week, one of the most vital organs of the Internet anatomy came under an unusual attack. On two ...

Server shipments, vendor revenue go up in Q3 2015
In the third quarter of 2015, worldwide server shipments grew 9.2 percent from the third quarter of 2014, while vendor revenue increased 7.5 ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

FBI Director: Obama ‘Certainly’ Would Not Have Received A Briefing On Hillary’s Server Investigation
FBI Director: Obama ‘Certainly’ Would Not Have Received A Briefing On Hillary’s Server Investigation

Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to enter server market with 24-core CPUs
Qualcomm, which announced plans to begin developing ARM-based chips for servers in November 2014, has started delivering server-use CPU samples ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

Hyper-V, PowerShell Top IT Pros' Windows Server 2016 Wish List
Container support is nice, but most IT pros are looking forward to Hyper-V virtualization updates and new PowerShell capabilities.