PB 10.2.0 Connect SQL Server Using ADO.NET Provider

I have a problem with connection to SQL Server database
using ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime
on the client machine. But it worked fine in version 10.0.1
build 6044 .
Anyone can help me to figure ot that problem?

TIA.

John Ho.
0
John

Can you try to provide details of the problem?

<John Ho> wrote in message news:427aeaa1.7f95.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I have a problem with connection to SQL Server database
> using ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime
> on the client machine. But it worked fine in version 10.0.1
> build 6044 .
> Anyone can help me to figure ot that problem?
>
> TIA.
>
> John Ho.

0
Chris
5/6/2005 12:25:38 PM
My INI is as below:
DBMS=ADO.Net
DBParm=Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',Provider='SQLOLEDB',DATASOURCE='server_name'
,Database='mydb',TrimSpaces=1

The pbdata100.dll is in the same folder of execute file.

Also I have another problem when running the other execute
file with the error as SQLCA.SQLCODE = -1 and SQLERRTEXT =
Data Source must be provided. But if I run the other execute
file in PB10 or run that execute in PB environment then it
works.

Any idea about my problem?

TIA.

> Can you try to provide details of the problem?
>

> <John Ho> wrote in message
> news:427aeaa1.7f95.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have a
> > problem with connection to SQL Server database using
> > ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime
> on the client machine. But it worked fine in version
> > 10.0.1 build 6044 .
> > Anyone can help me to figure ot that problem?
> >
> > TIA.
> >
> > John Ho.

0
John
5/10/2005 1:22:19 AM
When the execute file running it did not load PBDATA100.DLL
(in same folder of EXE).

Note: The other applications connect same database or if
that application run from PB are working fine.

> My INI is as below:
> DBMS=ADO.Net
> DBParm=Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',Provider='SQLOLEDB'
> ,DATASOURCE='server_name' ,Database='mydb',TrimSpaces=1
>
> The pbdata100.dll is in the same folder of execute file.
>
> Also I have another problem when running the other execute
> file with the error as SQLCA.SQLCODE = -1 and SQLERRTEXT =
> Data Source must be provided. But if I run the other
> execute file in PB10 or run that execute in PB environment
> then it works.
>
> Any idea about my problem?
>
> TIA.
>

> > Can you try to provide details of the problem?
> >

> > <John Ho> wrote in message
> > news:427aeaa1.7f95.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have a
> > > problem with connection to SQL Server database using
> > > ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime
> > on the client machine. But it worked fine in version
> > > 10.0.1 build 6044 .
> > > Anyone can help me to figure ot that problem?
> > >
> > > TIA.
> > >
> > > John Ho.

0
John

pb 10.0-sql server 2000-ado.net connect problem
Hi, I am using Powerbuilder 10.0 , XP SP2 , Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and the Net Framework is installed. I am having problem connecting to Microsoft SQLSERVER 2000 using ADO.NET My connection is // Profile sqlado SQLCA.DBMS = "TRACE ADO.Net" SQLCA.LogPass = "123" SQLCA.LogId = "sa" SQLCA.AutoCommit = True SQLCA.DBParm="Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',DATASOURCE='internetpc' ,Database='db1',Provider='SQLOLEDB',PROVIDERSTRING='database=db1' ,DelimitIdentifier='Yes',PBCatalogOwner='dbo',Default...

Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above.
Can anybody point me in the direction of how to resolve this error, Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above. I am running Visusl Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 Standard, running on WIndows XP Pro. I am trying to use SQL for session state management. I originally ran the following code from the command line prompt, aspnet_regsql.exe -E -ssadd -sstype p This created an ASPState database. I then manually added my default ASP.NET login as a user. In my web.confi...

AppName in the Connectivity Parm
Hi: I would like to know if there's a connection parameter to set the workstation name and te application name using ADO.NET or OLEDB to SQL SERVER 2005. I'm currently using PB 10.2.1. Build 9858. TIA. C�sar Ratto D. Yes, This is my DBParm: SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='" + ls_provider + "',DATASOURCE='" + server + "',PROVIDERSTRING='DataTypeCompatibility=80;database=" + bd + ";App=" + ls_applicationName + ";WSID=" + ls_workstation + "',TIMEOUT=160,OJSyntax='ANSI',PBTrimChar...

How can I connect with pb 10.2.0 and sqlserver 8.0 using ado
Using ado what connection options should i choise because i have problem with the date date and datetime fields. Here is the syntax // Profile ado_profile SQLCA.DBMS = "ADO.NET" SQLCA.LogPass = <***> SQLCA.LogId = "sa" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',Provider='SQLOLEDB',DataSource='NS2\ERP',Data base='SYMPER',DateTimeFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',DateFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',OJSyntax=' PB'" what is wrong ? what can i do ? thanks in advance nick Why use...

PB 10.0 connect using ADO.NET problem...
Hi, I am using Powerbuilder 10.0 , XP SP2 , Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and the Net Framework is installed. I am having problem connecting to Microsoft SQLSERVER 2000 using ADO.NET My connection is // Profile sqlado SQLCA.DBMS = "TRACE ADO.Net" SQLCA.LogPass = "123" SQLCA.LogId = "sa" SQLCA.AutoCommit = True SQLCA.DBParm="Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',DATASOURCE='internetpc' ,Database='db1',Provider='SQLOLEDB',PROVIDERSTRING='database=db1' ,DelimitIdentifier='Yes',PBCatalogOwner='dbo',Default...

ado.net 2.0 and sql server 2000 connection error
I am trying to make a simple connection to my sql server, but am getting an error.  I am not sure why it says SQL Server 2005 in the error as we use 2000.  I have found others to have the problem on the web, but have found no answers.  One person said the sql connection worked when he downgraded to 1.1; however, I'd like to avoid that.  Here is my code:   <%@Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %> <script runat="server"> Sub Page_Load() Dim conNorthwind As SqlConnection   conNorthwind = New SqlConnection("Server=1CDRSRV4; uid=username; pwd...

HELP: Connecting using 10.5 w\MS SQL Server\ADO.NET
Hello, I was able to establish a connection using ADO.NET from within PowerBuilder, but when I try to run the application, on the login I am being asked for a Data Source. Is there something in the .ini file that needs to be tweaked. Here is a sample of what PowerBuilder 8.0 uses: [Mod] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x Database=pdat_1011 UserId= DatabasePassword= LogPassword= ServerName=denison03 LogId= Lock= DbParm= Prompt=0 dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011 ArchiveFile="" Thanks, LaChandra In the db-profile check out the preview tab. That tells you ...

Unable to connect to named instance of sql server 2000 using asp.net 2.0
We are having a problem in a project using asp.net 2.0 with .net framework 2.0 and sql server 2000.  Unfortunately, we have not found any solution in any of the forums.  Thanks very much in advance: The problem is as follows: IIS and SQL Server2000 are on two separate machines running on WIN2003.  We are connecting to a particular named instance on this SQL Server2000, using sqlclient provider and using system.data.commonWe keep continously getting different error messages when it tries to make a connection.  We have tried different connection strings, by adding the ...

[ASP.NET 2.0 with SQL Server 2000] Can i use and connect to .mdf files?
Hi, I like using new tech & stuff but you fine people have to help me to make it through. and that's why this website exists. ok here's what i need to know: in visual web developer 2005 and sql server 2005 i can have .mdf databases using .mdf:90 tech in the App_Data folder. but my web host only provides asp.net2.0 so i have to use it with sql server 2000. can i still have this technology? 'cause creating and managing databases and tables on the host is really boring. and also i can download my database by only downloading that .mdf file. please recommend me something. Amin...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

SQL Express

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

Web resources about - PB 10.2.0 Connect SQL Server Using ADO.NET Provider - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Provider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Providers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeppe Federspiel and Rasmus Stabell started as musicians playing drums. Years later, they joined forces to form Providers, an urban production ...

Facebook App Provider North Social Is Already Thinking About The Holidays
Facebook application provider North Social used its iFrame Editor Facebook app to create a quiz for its Facebook page, with a surprise at the ...

Rail provider Aurizon dealt another blow with train derailment in Queensland
Aurizon's miserable end to 2015 has continued, with a major train derailment in Queensland injuring three and spilling large quantities of sulphuric ...

Childcare provider C&K will not ban unvaccinated children as new government laws come into effect
Queensland's biggest childcare operator will not make use of a new power to ban children who are not up-to-date with their vaccinations.

Apple, Google among streaming providers NFL is expecting to bid on Thursday Night Football
... information about Apple , Google , and Apple TV continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple, Google among streaming providers ...

STC becomes first service provider in MENA to deploy Cisco VPC technology
STC becomes first service provider in MENA to deploy Cisco VPC technology Arab News RIYADH: Saudi Telecom Company (STC), the largest telecommunication ...

Public option and provider reimbursement nudges
On Twitter, there is a long and productive discussion about provider pricing and the recent study on commercial payer rate variations. Part of ...

Salesforce: Bulls Love Purchase of App Provider SteelBrick
... has acquired startup SteelBrick , one of its application partners, for $360 million in stock. SteelBrick has billed itself as the largest provider ...

Cable providers still have no answer for Netflix as cord-cutting accelerates
While cable providers over the past few decades have grown fat off of exorbitant cable packages that overcharge and under-deliver, the rise of ...