ODBC for PowerBuilder connecting to Oracle 8

I've got a legacy PB4 application on Win 95 and 3x clients that I haven't been
able to get to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 database on Windows NT.  PB4 isn't
working properly with SQL*Net 2.3.3, the client that comes on the Oracle 8 CD.
Would it be easier to use ODBC to connect than SQL*Net?  Please advise.
0
newt

Most PB4 apps are 16 bit, and I'm guessing that the SQL*NET you have installed
on that machine is 32 bit.  You either need to (a) use a 32 bit version of
SQL*NET or (b) install the 16 bit version of SQL*NET.  (I would recommend
the former of the two).  Also, you need to make sure that the version of
SQL*NET matches the DBMS parameter you use.  For SQL*NET 2.3, you need to use
the O73 driver.

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999 06:20:41 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
newt <newt@deja.com> wrote:
>I've got a legacy PB4 application on Win 95 and 3x clients that I haven't been
>able to get to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 database on Windows NT.  PB4 isn't
>working properly with SQL*Net 2.3.3, the client that comes on the Oracle 8 CD.
>Would it be easier to use ODBC to connect than SQL*Net?  Please advise.

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]            | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm

Bruce
8/30/1999 2:35:31 PM
To add to what Bruce said:  ODBC is not a replacement for SQLNET.  SQLNET is
the actual middleware that enables an application to talk to an Oracle
database.  ODBC, PB native drivers both require sqlnet.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
newt wrote in message ...
>I've got a legacy PB4 application on Win 95 and 3x clients that I haven't
been
>able to get to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 database on Windows NT.  PB4
isn't
>working properly with SQL*Net 2.3.3, the client that comes on the Oracle 8
CD.
>Would it be easier to use ODBC to connect than SQL*Net?  Please advise.

0
Terry

Connect PowerBuilder With Oracle 8
Dear Friends I am using PowerBuilder 5.0 and 6.0 and I am trying to connect with oracle 8, I did it with the application, but in powerbuilder (Profile) not support the connection. How can I connect oracle 8 with powerbuilder Profile Carlos Quintero and Jonathan Castillo Make sure that the Orawin95\bin is in the path. -- Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. See you at the Powersoft Conference in L.A. http://www.sybase.com/Events/psuc98/index.html Adesys wrote in message <2ohnzcVv9GA.133@forums.powersoft.com>... >Dear Friends > > I am u...

ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC
Hi! My problem is: I have a procedure on ORACLE database: create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT INTEGER); begin .... end; and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible manners described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have failed. There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Nat...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

How to connect to Oracle 8.1.6 from PowerBuilder 7
Hi there, I am new to PowerBuilder and have troubles to connect to Oracle 8.1.6 from Powerbuilder 7. I have a book on PB7, and it says PB7 can connect to Oracle up to 8.0.4. Can I connect to Oracle 8.1.6 from PB7? If so, how? Many thanks! Qi Hi 1st you have to install the Oracle-Client-SW and configure it. then you can connect to an Oracle-DB using the native-Driver - Frank Qi_Yang schrieb: > Hi there, > > I am new to PowerBuilder and have troubles to connect to Oracle 8.1.6 > from Powerbuilder 7. I have a book on PB7, and it says PB7 ...

Powerbuilder 8.0.3 and Advantage ODBC connection
Hi, When i run a stand-alone datawindow which connects to an Advantage ODBC database, i can retrieve all the rows in a table. However, when i run this datawindow within an application. It returns only the first row of the table. I try to capture the number of returned rows and it's really the first row in the table. Thanks for any help! Set the retrieve blocking factor to 1 (the DBParm Block=1). On 1 Oct 2003 13:04:32 -0700, CongTan wrote: >Hi, >When i run a stand-alone datawindow which connects to an >Advantage ODBC database, i can retrieve all the rows in a ...

Connect to Oracle Express 10.2g with ODBC with Powerbuilder
I can contact to the local Oracle database with ODBC-Data-Sources interface and the oracle ODBC-Driver ( Oracle in XE ) TNS Service Name = //STPXP2:1042/XE If I test now the SERVER CONNECTION , I get: SUCCESS If I try to connect within Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 6071 with TOP 1 O10 I get always the Error-Message: 12154 TNS Cannot resolve TNX-name TOP 2 With ODBC-Driver and the RUNNING Oracle-ODBC-driver Error-Message: 12154 TNS Cannot resolve TNX-name If you use the O10 driver, you are connecting natively. Simply put XE as the servername. I don't have XE on my...

ODBC connection between Powerbuilder 8 and SQL server 2005
Since the native SQL connection between PB8 and SQL 2005 doesn't seem to work, where it did with SQL 2K, how do I get PB8 to connect to SQL 2005 with the new odbc "SQL Native Client" for 2005? Thanks in advance, Steve House olorin@tampabay.rr.com You might get better answers on sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity I think "SQL Native Client" is based on dblib which microsoft no longer supports and now they support ODBC, OLEDB and ADO.NET You should probably confirm this on the PB newsgroup. HTH, Ashish "Steve House" <olori...

ODBC for Connecting Powerbuilder 6.5 on Sun Solaris to Oracle
Does Powerbuilder 6.5 support the following: ODBC to connect to Oracle 8.05 on a Sun Solaris machine? Yes, assuming you mean PB6.5 running on W95/NT. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. joe wrote in message <37554C8A.2E3D4A6C@idfm.com>... >Does Powerbuilder 6.5 support the following: >ODBC to connect to Oracle 8.05 on a Sun Solaris machine? > ...

Connecting PowerBuilder 7.0 to Oracle 8i via ODBC
Hi all, I am connecting a PowerBuilder 7.0 application to an Oracle 8i database via ODBC (driver version 8.01.61.00) in a client server system. The Oracle ODBC driver does retrieve the table information but not the columns. I get the message "Table 'xxxx' has no columns, possible invalid table format". If I use the native connection or the Microsoft ODBC driver instead, it seems to fix the problem. Using the Microsoft driver is not an option because of it not supporting BLOBs. Thanks in advance, Didier Latkowski ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica Monica, Since you're going to the trouble of installing or upgrading to Orac...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica you may want to check if Oracle web site has its own pboraX.dll for your purpose...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica I go against 8.1.7 with 6.5 (build 1264) and 7.0.3. Haven't run into any is...

Web resources about - ODBC for PowerBuilder connecting to Oracle 8 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles