ODBC for Connecting Powerbuilder 6.5 on Sun Solaris to Oracle

Does Powerbuilder 6.5 support the following:
ODBC to connect to Oracle 8.05 on a Sun Solaris machine?

0
joe

Yes, assuming you mean PB6.5 running on W95/NT.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
joe wrote in message <37554C8A.2E3D4A6C@idfm.com>...
>Does Powerbuilder 6.5 support the following:
>ODBC to connect to Oracle 8.05 on a Sun Solaris machine?

0
Terry

ASA 6
Hello! I tried to install connection from PowerBuilder to ASA 6.02 Network Server without ODBC support. I described ASA-server as Open Server. In PB I use "SYT Sybase SQL server DBLIB" driver. Besides, I installed to the database stored procedures and tables which PowerBuilder install in ASE 11.5. I can connect across DB-profile, I can see data in tables, but I can not make DataWindow. Do exists others native drivers for PB and ASA 6. In ASE 11.5 such drivers work really fast than ODBC-drivers. With big respect Voronkov Nick. my email is voronkov@engineer.c...

PowerBuilder 6.5/Oracle 8i connectivity
We are migrating from an Oracle 7.3.4 database backend to Oracle 8.1.6 database backend. Our application uses PowerBuilder 6.5. I downloaded the pbo8460.dll driver and the PB 6.5 build 1216 zip file and installed both. I am now able to connect with the Oracle 8i database just fine, and everything seems to be in order. I was, however, concerned by some of the caveats in the readme file that was included with build 1216 zip. Spefically, it says that build 1216 is considered to be pre-release and that it has only gone through minimal QA. Can anyone tell me if there is ever going to be...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Hung Up connecting to ASA7 ODBC from PowerBuilder 6.5
I am still having a peculiar problem on one particular machine (that was working) where a PowerBuilder 6.5 application hangs when attempting to connect to an ODBC ASA7 local database. It is hung on the Connect statement and no Error Log is generated. This application was working fine previously on this machine (all that happened is the user moved from one WG to another and Back) all other TCP services seem to work. I can connect to the database from the Test in the ODBC administration. The application can be found in the Tasks list as not responding. Help!!! Glenn ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica I go against 8.1.7 with 6.5 (build 1264) and 7.0.3. Haven't run into any is...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica Monica, Since you're going to the trouble of installing or upgrading to Orac...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica you may want to check if Oracle web site has its own pboraX.dll for your purpose...

powerbuilder 6.5 connection compatibility w/oracle 8.1
does anyone know if i can use powerbuilder native driver: oracle 8.04 to connect to oracle 8.1? here are my versions: powerbuilder 6.5, build 444 oracle 8.1 pb native driver: oracle 8.04 The PB drivers are actually written to specific versions of the client layer, not so much to a particular version of a database. So, for example, I'm using the 7.3 driver to access an 8.0.5 database, because I have SQL*NET 2.3 on the clients (the version of SQL*NET that came with 7.3). So, provided you have a supported version of the client layer on the client, the version of the database sho...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I get ...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

ODBC for PowerBuilder connecting to Oracle 8
I've got a legacy PB4 application on Win 95 and 3x clients that I haven't been able to get to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 database on Windows NT. PB4 isn't working properly with SQL*Net 2.3.3, the client that comes on the Oracle 8 CD. Would it be easier to use ODBC to connect than SQL*Net? Please advise. Most PB4 apps are 16 bit, and I'm guessing that the SQL*NET you have installed on that machine is 32 bit. You either need to (a) use a 32 bit version of SQL*NET or (b) install the 16 bit version of SQL*NET. (I would recommend the former of the two). Also, you need t...

Can Powerbuilder 5 connect to Oracle 8i
Is there anybody know if there's a way to connect to Oracel 8i through PowerBuilder 5? Ying Yes, using O73 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp <Ying> wrote in message news:B393EF02A7B9153E00588DC985256ABE.00588DDB85256ABE@webforums... > Is there anybody know if there's a way to connect to Oracel 8i through > PowerBuilder 5? > > Ying ...

Web resources about - ODBC for Connecting Powerbuilder 6.5 on Sun Solaris to Oracle - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles