Need sample code to do socket programming in powerbuilder

Hi,

(1) I need to make a powerbuilder app. to act as a server
which can listen to client messages on a known port number
and (2) than once the message comes in , it needs to send
back the acknowledgement to the same client.
I have tried using socketwrench activex control, but without
the sample PB Code , I'm lost.

I'm very new to Socket programming , so any help is
appreciated.

Note: There is a time pressure on this project, so quicker

Thanks,
Chirag Vora
0
Chirag

Socket programming in powerbuilder
Hi is there a way to open a socket in powerbuilder and send and recieve messages via sockets . thanx http://powerbuilder.codexchange.sybase.com/files/documents/67/1139/winsock32.pbl > > is there a way to open a socket in powerbuilder and send > and recieve messages via sockets . > > thanx > > And this: http://powerbuilder.codexchange.sybase.com/files/documents/67/755/socketwrenchpbl.zip ...

powerbuilder program in citrix environment
We have a program written in powerbuilder deployed using citrix. Users connect to our program through citrix log on. The program runs in citrix server and user sees the seamless screen. From this program we need to execute a client program such as excel, acrobat reader or Internet explorer . 1) Used run command in powerbuilder but excel or iexplore runs in server side and screen transmit to user. 2) Tried using ole and show the files but same thing. can anyone help with this? Thank you in advance If not "seamless" does it work? (ie - log into a Citrix deskto...

code sample Enumforms() a powerbuilder
Please i need code sample of Enumform() y setform() Api to Powerbuilder. (Per=fa) ...

winsock powerbuilder code sample ?
Greetings! We need to create a powerbuilder application that will connect to a server via the internet to a socket and port, write a message to the socket, and then wait for a response and read from the socket before breaking the connection. Someone sent me some sample c code that handles the connection, but I was wondering if anyone has a sample for powerbuilder. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Paul Murray A simple TCP client application. It connects to a specified IP address and port and sends a small message. I...

PowerBuilder 10---Cryptography Sample Code
I have setup the environment according to the readme.txt file and also have included the appropriate PBX files, and added the all the required PBD files in target. Still the example would not work On running the example and selecting any operation a dialog window pops up---Sybase PowerBuilder has encountered a problem and needs to close. The error details are as follows: (AppName: pb100.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.4510 ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000) RaviM wrote: > I have setup the environment according to the readme.txt > file and also have included th...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Converting current code (Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to newest version of Powerbuilder?
Hi, can anyone tell me what you have to do in order to convert existing code (applications) (created under Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to the newest version of Powerbuilder (at least PB 8) and what it would take to use that code (applications) on the web, I do understand that the newer versions of PB have a web datawindow, is that all we would need to use to move our applications to the web? Thanks Look in this newsgroup aroung 01/08/02 for "Applications on the Web" (started by "John") for a good stream of information. JKerstens <John.Kerstens@gnb.ca> wrot...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Announcing the PowerBuilder 10 Public Beta Program!Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team!
Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team! PowerBuilder is getting ready for the 10.0 release and would like to invite you to join the Beta Team! The exciting new developments you will have early access to as a member of the Beta Team include: Unicode support DataWindow.NET Object Oriented Modeling with PowerDesigner plug-in UDDI search ADO.NET support NETXML Web Datawindow Your participation in the beta test cycle is an opportunity to provide valuable feedback to engineering regarding the quality and capabilities of this release. As a member of the team, you will learn from the e...

Need to have sample code on ASP.NET connecting to Oracle..
Hi, i am looking for sample code for ASP.NET connecting to Oracle. I coudn't find any sample code on ASP.NET at Oracle Technology Network's website. Anyone who knows, please let me know. I'm currently doing R&D on ASP.NET as front end and Oracle as back end. I'm using ODP.NET as connectivity between both parties.Thank You cheers, kimfoo Hi, Put this in a single aspx file. Hope it helps. Greg <%@ Page CompilerOptions='/R:"d:\Oracle\Ora92\bin\Oracle.DataAccess.dll"' %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Na...

Sample program using powerbuilder .net and asp.net
Hai, I am beginner in pb.net . So please can you provide me a sample program using powerbuilder web application with asp.net. with thanks and regards POLACHAN PAILY ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Part of the point of WebForms (and WinForms) is that you can deploy any application to these targets without recoding. So, for a sample app, take any sample that comes with PB. <g> No special coding required. Of course, you have to make sure your app isn't dependent on unsupported features. Good...

need sample code in c# to connect to sql database
hi, i learn by practice and i would like an asp code using c# that connects to sql database can retrives information from a table. can you please copy paste me some code or give me exact link a? thank you Here is a tutorial.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Preventing a user from connecting to the database outside of my Powerbuilder program
My powerbuilder connects connects to my SQL Server 7.0 database using the following code ls_database = "Timetrack" sqlca.dbparm = "Connectstring='DSN=" + ls_database + "'" This works great but the only problem is the user can open the database in MS Access. I want to make it where ONLY my Powerbuider program can open the database. How can I do this? Powerbuilder 6.51 SQL Server 7.0 NT Server ODBC configuration - "with Windows NT Authencation using the network login ID" I assume I 1. get rid of the NT Authencation 2 p...

Web resources about - Need sample code to do socket programming in powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles