How I use SAVEPOINT in power builder 8.0

Hi All
I need  how to use save point in pb 8.0 .how can i call save point .using
transactions. please  send me one example using commit,Rollback savepoint .
Pls send me
ThanQ
karun

0
venu

You would use them via embedded SQL:

string	ls_sql

<some update statements, including perhaps some datawindow updates>

ls_sql = "SAVEPOINT save1"
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :ls_sql ;

<more update statements, including perhaps some datawindow updates>

ls_sql = "SAVEPOINT save2"

etc.

And then either:

COMMIT ;

which commits everything, or

ROLLBACK ;

which rolls back everything, or

ls_sql = "ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT save1"

EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :ls_sql ;

Which would rollback all of the updates beyond the save point in
question.

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:38:35 +0530, "venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi All
>I need  how to use save point in pb 8.0 .how can i call save point .using
>transactions. please  send me one example using commit,Rollback savepoint .
>Pls send me
>ThanQ
>karun

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com

Which can now be pre-ordered through Amazon.com

If you would like to continue to be able to use Google to search *all* of these newsgroups, please contact Google at and let them know.
mailto:groups-support@google.com

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce

Create NVO using Power Designer 8.0
Hi, Using Power Designer 8.0 Object Oriented model you can create a class diagram (or class/NVO) and add methods to it using class diagram GUI .When you select Generate Power Builder option from menu it will create a .sru file in selected directory .Using this .sru you can import this file in PB environment and create a NVO. But I could not add arguments/parameters to the methods I created in the class using Power Designer 8.0. Can anybody post how arguments can be added to the methods using Power Designer 8.0 Regards, -------------------------------------------- Sudheer Kondla (W...

how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0
I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the today(*) function: select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10) The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because sub quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the...

How can I use SAVEPOINT in Powerbuilder 8.0 ?
Hi all How can I use save point in pb using commit roll back savepoint Regards venu Try EXECUTE IMMEDIATE -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com ** Please only post to the newsgroup ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com "venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:7mP2swFyCHA.308@forums.sybase.com.....

How can I use SAVEPOINT in Powerbuilder 8.0 ?
Hi All I need how to use save point in pb 8.0 .how can i call save point .using transactions. please send me one example using commit,Rollback savepoint . Pls send me ThanQ karun Your crosspost in sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general has answers to this question already. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com ** Please only post to the newsgroup ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm ** Use CaseXp...

How to connect to SQL Server 7.0 using Power Builder
Hi, I want to know how to use sql command to connect to SQL server through ODBC driver using Power Builder. I have try to use the follow: sqlca.dbms="ODBC" sqlca.dbparm="ConnectString='DSN=abc;UID=sa;pwd=123;'" connect using sqlca but after i run my program, no output. But when i manually use PB to connect dsn-abc, then it's fine to display my database content. How come?? My sql statement wrong?? missing something? Thanks Regards, Keith Chau keithc@tsuenshing.com.hk Hi, Can you use native MS SQL driver provided by PowerBu...

connecting to oracle 8.1.6 using PB 7.0.2 and native driver 8.0.4
I am having a problem with connecting our deployed application in PB 7.0.2 and connecting it to an Oracle 8.1.6 using the native 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver. We get the message that "The DBMS O84 is not supported in the current installation.999" We recently upgraded from Oracle 7.3.2 to Oracle 8.1.6 The development team is working great. I can connect to the database in PB and with the compiled exe. However, we just gave the first test exe to the testers and they cannot connect to Oracle 8.1.6 Here is the run-down of what I looked for: The testers did have the Oracle client in...

Power Builder 6.0 & Oracle 8.1.6 Connectivity
Dear Sir, I want to connect Power Builder 6.0 to Oracle 8.1.6 My Application is fully compatible with Oracle 7.3.4 Database migration from Oracle 7.3.4 to Oracle 8.1.6 is over. I just want to connect Power Builder 6.0 to Oracle 8.1.6 Will you please help me out in that. I want what is dbms parameter in pb.ini file. Will you please help me. Amol Manduskar ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp If you are not using any Oracle 8 features, just use the O73 driver. It will work fine with Oracle 816. -- Terry Dykstra...

Problem connecting to Word7 on Win95 using Power Builder 5.0.01 (16 bit)
I have a problem while opening Word7 using the FileOpen in Windows95 with Power Builder (5.0.01 16bit). I am using an oleobject myoleobject.ConnectToNewObject("word.basic") myoleobject.FileOpen("c:\new.doc") It opens word in the background and I want it to show up. I used myoleobject.AppShow() But it just hung at that line of code. Inserting data using bookmarks seems to be taking a lot of time. This works fine on Windows 3.1. If you have any solution to this, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks. ...

Regarding migration From Power Builder 6.0 to Power Builder 9.0
Hi, We have a PFC based distributed application using Transport Obejct .We are using MSSQL SERVER 2005 database. We have a task of migrating this application from Power Builder 6.0 to Power Builder 9.0 .Please suggest us steps for migration. Thanks & regards, P.P http://www.techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/powerbuilder_migration.html I would also recommend (a) migrating your existing PFC layer with the app and then (b) directly moving to the PFC layer supplied with PB9 after migratoin. A number of changes were made including remving the tr...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

How can I connect with pb 10.2.0 and sqlserver 8.0 using ado
Using ado what connection options should i choise because i have problem with the date date and datetime fields. Here is the syntax // Profile ado_profile SQLCA.DBMS = "ADO.NET" SQLCA.LogPass = <***> SQLCA.LogId = "sa" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',Provider='SQLOLEDB',DataSource='NS2\ERP',Data base='SYMPER',DateTimeFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',DateFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',OJSyntax=' PB'" what is wrong ? what can i do ? thanks in advance nick Why use...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Why to upgrade Power Builder 8 from Power Builder 7
Hello All, I work for a client in New York city. All of our current applictions are written in Powerbuilder and Sybase environment. Recently we migrated our Financial application into Oracle. Now our management wants to re-write all other applications into Oracle forms with Oracle database. It will take from one year to two years. Right now we are in Powerbuilder 7.0 which is stable environment and our management is thinking to upgrade from PB 7 to powerbuilder 8 Is there any Pros and Cons on the upgrade please let me know. Thank you in advance, Chandrika. ---== Poste...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Web resources about - How I use SAVEPOINT in power builder 8.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Saturday Night Slam Masters with Heath Slater a.k.a. Mr. Miller — Superstar Savepoint - YouTube
Our viewers know him from Gamer Gauntlet, but this time around Heath Slater a.k.a. Mr. Miller joins Austin Creed for a more laid-back gaming ...

On The SXSW SavePoint Panel, And Why I Will Not Be Censored
Are these the people who should be given the reins of discussion about safety and civility online?

DungeonMoto for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get DungeonMoto on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Game Walkthroughs (@faq_walkthrough) on Twitter

I-War (1997 video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I-War (known as Independence War after the North American release) is a space combat simulator developed by English development house Particle ...

Introduction to SQL
Introduction to PostgreSQL Duration: 5 Days Level: Beginners Date: on request 15.02. – 19.02.2016 in Wr. Neustadt, Austria (German) Audience: ...

Frag Reel Good Friday: Speedruns, League of Legends and Easter Eggs
Record-breaking runs through Half-Life and Dead Space plus LoL action and those hidden treats!

BuzzFeed and Vox Media Call Off SXSW Plans After the Conference Cancels Anti-Harassment Panels - Adweek ...
On Monday, South by Southwest Interactive decided to pull the plug on two gaming panels planned for the 2016 tech festival, citing "numerous ...

Price Drop: DungeonMoto
... and "HD" iPad versions* Play with the 8-bit sound effects and music to enhance your mood or or hack and slash to your own tunes* Auto-savepoints ...

After receiving threats, SXSW cancels panel about online harassment
SXSW also cancels "Savepoint" panel about "integrity of gaming's journalists."