How can I connect with pb 10.2.0 and sqlserver 8.0 using ado

Using ado what connection options should i choise because i have problem
with the date date and  datetime  fields.
Here is the syntax

// Profile ado_profile
SQLCA.DBMS = "ADO.NET"
SQLCA.LogPass = <***>
SQLCA.LogId = "sa"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm =
"Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',Provider='SQLOLEDB',DataSource='NS2\ERP',Data
base='SYMPER',DateTimeFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',DateFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',OJSyntax='
PB'"

what is wrong ? what can i do ?
thanks in advance

nick

0
NickDim

Why use ADO.NET here at all (I know that's not your question), but
it's just a layer on top of OLE-Db and doesn't really offer any
advantage for you.

On 28 Jul 2005 11:04:00 -0700, "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote:

>Using ado what connection options should i choise because i have problem
>with the date date and  datetime  fields.
>Here is the syntax
>
>// Profile ado_profile
>SQLCA.DBMS = "ADO.NET"
>SQLCA.LogPass = <***>
>SQLCA.LogId = "sa"
>SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
>SQLCA.DBParm =
>"Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',Provider='SQLOLEDB',DataSource='NS2\ERP',Data
>base='SYMPER',DateTimeFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',DateFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',OJSyntax='
>PB'"
>
>what is wrong ? what can i do ?
>thanks in advance
>
>nick

0
Jim
7/29/2005 4:08:11 PM
I can not use native drive with powerbuilder 10.2.0 and sqlserver
i tried a lot of  connections (ODBC, oledb)  but I had different problems
with them. I think that ado.net is better than the others I have problem
with the date and  datetime. What can i do?

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
> Why use ADO.NET here at all (I know that's not your question), but
> it's just a layer on top of OLE-Db and doesn't really offer any
> advantage for you.
>
> On 28 Jul 2005 11:04:00 -0700, "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote:
>
> >Using ado what connection options should i choise because i have problem
> >with the date date and  datetime  fields.
> >Here is the syntax
> >
> >// Profile ado_profile
> >SQLCA.DBMS = "ADO.NET"
> >SQLCA.LogPass = <***>
> >SQLCA.LogId = "sa"
> >SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
> >SQLCA.DBParm =
>
>"Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',Provider='SQLOLEDB',DataSource='NS2\ERP',Dat
>
>base='SYMPER',DateTimeFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',DateFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',OJSyntax=
'
> >PB'"
> >
> >what is wrong ? what can i do ?
> >thanks in advance
> >
> >nick

0
NickDim
7/29/2005 5:52:54 PM
Well, ADO.NET isn't going to be better than OLE-DB; however, I'm not
aware of the specific issue you raise with respect to Date and
DataTime.  You may want to open a case with support.

On 29 Jul 2005 10:52:54 -0700, "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote:

>I can not use native drive with powerbuilder 10.2.0 and sqlserver
>i tried a lot of  connections (ODBC, oledb)  but I had different problems
>with them. I think that ado.net is better than the others I have problem
>with the date and  datetime. What can i do?
>

>"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>> Why use ADO.NET here at all (I know that's not your question), but
>> it's just a layer on top of OLE-Db and doesn't really offer any
>> advantage for you.
>>
>> On 28 Jul 2005 11:04:00 -0700, "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote:
>>
>> >Using ado what connection options should i choise because i have problem
>> >with the date date and  datetime  fields.
>> >Here is the syntax
>> >
>> >// Profile ado_profile
>> >SQLCA.DBMS = "ADO.NET"
>> >SQLCA.LogPass = <***>
>> >SQLCA.LogId = "sa"
>> >SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
>> >SQLCA.DBParm =
>>
>>"Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',Provider='SQLOLEDB',DataSource='NS2\ERP',Dat
>>
>>base='SYMPER',DateTimeFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',DateFormat='dd/mm/yyyy',OJSyntax=
>'
>> >PB'"
>> >
>> >what is wrong ? what can i do ?
>> >thanks in advance
>> >
>> >nick

0
Jim

connecting to oracle 8.1.6 using PB 7.0.2 and native driver 8.0.4
I am having a problem with connecting our deployed application in PB 7.0.2 and connecting it to an Oracle 8.1.6 using the native 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver. We get the message that "The DBMS O84 is not supported in the current installation.999" We recently upgraded from Oracle 7.3.2 to Oracle 8.1.6 The development team is working great. I can connect to the database in PB and with the compiled exe. However, we just gave the first test exe to the testers and they cannot connect to Oracle 8.1.6 Here is the run-down of what I looked for: The testers did have the Oracle client in...

Why do I have to allow Firefox (2.0.0.7) to connect with one or more sites before I can connect with my Earthlink dial-up connection.
Name: George Ginsburg Email: ginsburgattiacdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Why do I have to allow Firefox (2.0.0.7) to connect with one or more sites before I can connect with my Earthlink dial-up connection. Comments: When I simply bring up Firefox, I get the following or similar messages which come from my security monitor on outgoing message requests: first: "firefox-bin wants to connect to static-fxfeeds.nslb.sj.mozilla.com on TCP port 80 (http)," second: (typical) firefox-bin wants to connect to 130.94.77.118 on TCP port 443 (https)," third type: paraphr...

PB 10.2.0 Connect SQL Server Using ADO.NET Provider
I have a problem with connection to SQL Server database using ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime on the client machine. But it worked fine in version 10.0.1 build 6044 . Anyone can help me to figure ot that problem? TIA. John Ho. Can you try to provide details of the problem? <John Ho> wrote in message news:427aeaa1.7f95.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have a problem with connection to SQL Server database > using ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime > on the client machine. But it worked fine in version 10.0.1 > build 604...

Firefox/2.0.0.13 fails to connect to https: sites MAC OS 10.2.8
Name: C Ashcroftt Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox/2.0.0.13 fails to connect to https: sites MAC OS 10.2.8 Comments: Firefox automatic upgrade to 2.0.0.13 on 25/3/2008 on MAC PowerPC G3 About info Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13 Tried several https sites webmail and banking and financial services sites all failed to connect - no time out message - had to Force Quit Firefox For info all sites tested worked with 2.0.0.12 and still work with Sea Monkey 1.1.8 Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS ...

Update: Mac OS 10.2.8 Firefox 2.0.0.13 and https connections OK today
Name: C Ashcroftt Product: Firefox Summary: Update: Mac OS 10.2.8 Firefox 2.0.0.13 and https connections OK today Comments: Reported last night issues connecting to https site These seemed to have disappeared now but not all at once ! Only action taken was to clear Cache and increase Cache size from 50mb to 80mb. System and router have been switched off overnight. https to my usual webmail at www.madasafish.com still failed this morning - reported via Talkback. I tried a couple of others and they connected OK - a bank site and a financial services site + gmail. Ret...

Firefox 2.0.0.8 can't connect
This appears to be a common thread, but I have not seen any solutions or suggestions. I can reinstall FF 1.0 and it works fine. When I download/install the 2.0.0.8 upgrade, nothing works - no connection. fwiw: Dell 9150, WinXPProSP2. Anyone solve this yet? tia, Dr Data Dr Data wrote: > This appears to be a common thread, but I have not seen any solutions or > suggestions. I can reinstall FF 1.0 and it works fine. When I > download/install the 2.0.0.8 upgrade, nothing works - no connection. > > fwiw: Dell 9150, WinXPProSP2. > > Anyone sol...

Connecting PB 7.0.2 to Oracle 8.0.4
Present environment: WINNT, PB 7.0.2. attempting to access an Oracle 8.0.4 db Just migrated an application from PB5.0.3 to 7.0.2., using Oracle 7.3 - now, have to upgrade the db; company has purchased Oracle 8.0.4 - cannot connect to Ora 8.0.4 using PB Profile for Oracle 8.0.4, but must use DB Profile in PB for Oracle 7.3 - in running my application, I can connect and log on but immediately get a dialog box, asking for a Data Source, what I'm used to seeing if I was attempting to connect thru ODBC, which I'm not. No matter what I input here, the dialog box disappears, a...

how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0
I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the today(*) function: select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10) The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because sub quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the...

PB 8.0.2 and Crystal Reports 8.0.1.0 #2
Hi, Are there any details available (examples) on how to call/open a Crystal report within an PB application? Thanks, Mahesh ...

No Connect with FF 2.0.0.5 and TB 2.0.0.5
Name: Matze Email: infoatpc-scenedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: No Connect with FF 2.0.0.5 and TB 2.0.0.5 Comments: Hello, I have problems with Firefox 2.0.0.5 and Thunderbird. As soon as this version is not installed comes I any longer into Internet. No connection is indicated with both. 2.0.0.4 runs without problems up to the update on 0.5 Does someone know somewhat about an error?? MfG Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

PB 10.0 connect using ADO.NET problem...
Hi, I am using Powerbuilder 10.0 , XP SP2 , Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and the Net Framework is installed. I am having problem connecting to Microsoft SQLSERVER 2000 using ADO.NET My connection is // Profile sqlado SQLCA.DBMS = "TRACE ADO.Net" SQLCA.LogPass = "123" SQLCA.LogId = "sa" SQLCA.AutoCommit = True SQLCA.DBParm="Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',DATASOURCE='internetpc' ,Database='db1',Provider='SQLOLEDB',PROVIDERSTRING='database=db1' ,DelimitIdentifier='Yes',PBCatalogOwner='dbo',Default...

PowerBuilder 10.5.2 does not connect to Oracle 10.0.2 Windows 64-Bit...
Hi! I am trying to connect to Oracle 64-Bit from Powerbuilder 10.5.2(both from IDE & Runtime)-Windows. I am not able to connect to the Database , error message prompted is as follows:- "Oracle library oci.dll could not be loaded." Timely responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Do you have 32-bit Oracle client installed? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <ckp.fahm@gmail.com> wrote i...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. ...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Please see you original post. Tony wrote: > We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connec...

Web resources about - How can I connect with pb 10.2.0 and sqlserver 8.0 using ado - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

rails-sqlserver (Rails SQL Server) · GitHub
rails-sqlserver has 4 repositories written in Ruby, JavaScript, and C. Follow their code on GitHub.

Tallan - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of Tallan on LinkedIn. Founded in 1985, Tallan is a national IT consulting company that provides custom application... ...

Kazuhiko Kikuchi (@kazuk) on Twitter

The Fantastic 12 of SQL Server 2012: Behind the Scenes - YouTube
... http://bit.ly/12of12pdf For more information on SQL Server 2012 and to download the trial version, please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver ...

CamelCase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is the practice of writing compound words or phrases in which the elements are joined without spaces , with each element's initial letter capitalized ...

SQLUG.be
... that brings together the Belgian MS SQL Server community. Our goal is to share experiences, enthusiasm and knowledge about Microsoft SQLServer. ...

wangming7的日志 - 网易博客
wangming7的日志,小偷公司敬上,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,这个飞机可不是那个飞机噢!,潘基文与“鸟叔”朴载相 共跳“骑马舞”(图),看守泰坦尼克2B男青年大喊让妇女孩子先走,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,给鱼缸灌开水的后果,女流氓语录精选版,校园爆笑糗事大全,学普通话很重要噢!- ...

Expanding the Cloud for Windows Developers
The software that powers today’s world of Internet services has become incredibly diverse. Today’s announcement of Amazon RDS for Microsoft SQL ...

IT Developer/Engineer
... jobs at Monster. 15 or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net; databases like SqlServer/ ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...