GPF when connecting to MS SQL6.5 via ODBC

I'm currently running into a GPF ( exception violation in PB050.exe ) when
trying to connect to a MS SQL6.5 database via ODBC.  I'm running NT4.0 SP3.
I've tested the ODBC datasource using MS Access and I am successful.  This
leads me to believe the problem is Powerbuilder.  I've also been successful
in connecting to SQL Server using a different machine that is configured
similarly.  I'm not sure where to look.  Has anyone else had similar
problems?  Oh, one other thing, the SQL Server ODBC driver version is
2.65.0201...
Thanks for any help,
Loren

0
Loren

I forgot to add the PB Version...  PB5.03

0
Loren
3/19/1998 1:30:30 PM
Loren Reis wrote:

> I'm currently running into a GPF ( exception violation in PB050.exe ) when
> trying to connect to a MS SQL6.5 database via ODBC.  I'm running NT4.0 SP3.
> I've tested the ODBC datasource using MS Access and I am successful.  This
> leads me to believe the problem is Powerbuilder.  I've also been successful
> in connecting to SQL Server using a different machine that is configured
> similarly.  I'm not sure where to look.  Has anyone else had similar
> problems?  Oh, one other thing, the SQL Server ODBC driver version is
> 2.65.0201...
> Thanks for any help,
> Loren

You didn't mention version of PowerBuilder, but try putting App= within
the ConnectString DBParm - like
ConnectString='DSN=mydsn;UID=abc;PWD=def;APP=;'

Jim O'Neil
Powersoft Technical Support
joneil@sybase.com
0
Jim

PB6.5 Connecting via ODBC to MS Access DB
I tried to connect to Access DB(created using access 2000 XP professional ) via ODBC in PB6.5. It connects successfully without any error messages but when i try to select table from the DB. PB6.5 prompt me the below error: SQLSTATE = S10003 [Micsoft ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of range My ODBC driver is ver 4.0 and OS is Win 2000 and Win98 How can i solve this problems??? You need to install PB651 and then of the last EBFs. PB6.5 doesn't know what to do with ODBC4. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post....

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

Connecting (via ODBC) to a 5.5 AW db from a dual nic wks
I am trying to get one machine connected to my db running anywhere 5.5 build 1495 but the machine has two nics hooked up to two networks. Both networks have the same ip scheme however only one recieves a gateway and is internet capable. When I disable the inet nic in bindings (winnt 4.0) I am able to connect to the db with no problem. Only when I have both nics enabled do I have problems connecting. I have even tried using the -xTCPIP{Host=IP} option with no luck thus far. If anyone has anything to suggest I would appreciate it. I have about run out of ideas. Thank you, Jim F. ...

MS SqlServer-connection via ODBC
Hi there When retrieving data with some arguments I get a crash accompanied with SqlState 22005. Datasource is a stored procedure implemented in a datawindow. This appears only in the application, same retrieve from PB databasepainter goes successfully. When debugging the code, I can see that my variable-arguments are nice and neat just before the retrieve-statement. In the sqlpreview-event , where the crash appears, my arguments are changed to quotation-marks and this is of course the reason for the crash. But why are they changed? In the appl. I changed variable-arguments to cons...

not connected when I am connected

Connecting to MS AccessDB via ODBC
I want to get a connection to a MS Access DB via MS Access ODBC Driver 4.0xxx. Transaction and queries work fine when testing them. Creating a dw in DWB 6.5 brings in the SQL-Window the error from ODBC S1003(program type out of range). Any suggestions about this? (sorry if you find this posted also in the powersoft datawindow newsgroup). Thanks Bernhard Giesriegl ...

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

Dropping connections when connected to a 5.5 and a 9
I have a PowerBuilder application that connects to both an ASA5.5 and an ASA9 database at the same time. Shortly (about 20 secs) after connecting to the 9 the connection to the 5 drops. The dbclient window shows "Disconnecting dba - appplication has terminated" even though the application is still running. I get this problem running the application on both WinXP and Win2003 server. Any ideas? Mike ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

6.5 GPF when connecting to ODBC
I have an app which is trying to connect to a Local SQL Anywhere database using ODBC. After issuing the connect (CONNECT USIGN SQLCA), I get the following: "The instruction at 0x04cof96c tried to access memory at0x03a600a4. The memory could not be read." I loaded MSDEV Studio after the GPF and the crash is in PBOBD60.DLL. It is an unhandled exception. I have tried the PBODB60.DLL placed out there for the SQL Server 7.0 fix also and it did not fix the problem. Any ideas Andrew Kurtz Hi, I saw several issues on this which in most cases where solved by rein...

MS SqlServer connected via ODBC
Hello out there, Anyone experienced whit that connection? If so, I'm interested to get an advice from you. The problem is that I can't get my dw-retrieval's with args work from appl. They work fine without args as well as RPC-calls with and without args. DW-retrieval's from DB-painter work also fine with and without args. In appl. I tried to change vars to constants with no success. Here's the message:[Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specifikation. There's a company decision to change from DB-Library to ODBC due to obsolete f...

How to connect to 5.5.05 with dial-in connection?
I have difficulties to connect to our Anywhere Server with a modem dial-in connection. The Server (5.5.05 EBF 2739 / 16 user) runs on NT4.0 with SP6. As long as I connect directly by our LAN (including overseas locations), everything works fine. The problem starts when I use my Intranet-dial-in (AT&T dialer). Then the client does no longer find the database server. The connection itself is ok, a ping to the server finds it and web-server and ftp-server running on the same machine can also be addressed over the dial-in wire. I have also checked that no IP port is block...

Connecting to MS AccessDB via ODBC
I want to get a connection to a MS Access DB via MS Access ODBC Driver 4.0xxx. Transaction and queries work fine when testing them. Creating a dw in DWB 6.5 brings in the SQL-Window the error from ODBC S1003(program type out of range). Any suggestions about this? (sorry if you find this posted also in the powersoft datawindow newsgroup). Thanks Bernhard Giesriegl ...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC
Hi! My problem is: I have a procedure on ORACLE database: create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT INTEGER); begin .... end; and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible manners described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have failed. There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Nat...

Web resources about - GPF when connecting to MS SQL6.5 via ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...