Connectivity Problem with PB 6.5 or PB 7.0 and Informix Dynamic Server 2000 9.21

I have problems from Power Builder 6.5 and Power Builder 7.0 when I
connect
from development environment.

I wish connect to Informix Dynamic Server 2000  9.21 on Windows NT.

I have this problem with Native Driver  "IN7 I-Net v7.x" and "IN7 I-Net
v9.x"
The database painter show me the owner of table wrong!

This problem was correct in any other release?

Thanks

Alejandro Del�

pd: I can do it with Informix-Cli or early Version! but not with
INFORMIX-CLI of IDS.200 !!!

0
Alejandro

Do you have the correct version of the DB drivers?  Just thought I'd ask in
case the obvious was overlooked.  What is being returned as the owner?   A
user ID or a system id?

"Alejandro Del�" <alejandro_delu@siu.edu.ar> wrote in message
> I have problems from Power Builder 6.5 and Power Builder 7.0 when I
> connect
> from development environment.
>
> I wish connect to Informix Dynamic Server 2000  9.21 on Windows NT.
>
> I have this problem with Native Driver  "IN7 I-Net v7.x" and "IN7 I-Net
> v9.x"
> The database painter show me the owner of table wrong!
>
> This problem was correct in any other release?
>
> Thanks
>
> Alejandro Del�
>

> pd: I can do it with Informix-Cli or early Version! but not with
> INFORMIX-CLI of IDS.200 !!!

0
Andy

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 7.0.1
Hi, I just found a solution for correcting the memory leak in 7.0.1, when connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5. May be this is already fixed in the latest releases. I just want to share this in case it's useful to any of you guys. When you connect to the MS SQL Server 6.5 database, be sure to have atleast something in your DBParm attribute of the DBProfile (or SQLCA transaction object at runtime). For example (SQLCA.DBParm = "AppName='IRIS',Host='ZNF9'"). In development time in the DBProfile dialog under "Network" tabpage Enter something i...

PB 6.5 connection to SQL 6.5 problem when 2000 is installed
We have several PB 6.5 applications that connect (native) to Microsoft SQL Server 6.5. They have been running fine for me until I installed the MS SQL Server 2000 client tools on my computer. I still have the SQL 6.5 tools loaded. At some point I had also installed the SQL 7.0 client. I did not have any problems with my apps after that install, only after the 2000 installation. We uninstalled the SQL 2000 client and reinstalled the 6.5 client, but I am still having problems running the applications. I am getting an error message that states..."DDE Server Window: myapp.exe -...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

PB 6.5 connect to SQL SERVER 7.0
I just want to migrate my Microsoft SQL SERVER 6.5 to SQL SERVER 7.0. I want to know are there any problem to connect with SQL SERVER 7.0 ???? TIA Regards Daniel Fransius YES. Please look in the 'database' group of early August for a discussion topic 'PB 6.5 & MSSQL 6.5->7'. Daniel Fransius <DanielFr@cbn.net.id> wrote in message news:dIPJ#gh4#GA.207@forums.sybase.com... > I just want to migrate my Microsoft SQL SERVER 6.5 to SQL SERVER 7.0. > I want to know are there any problem to connect with SQL SERVER 7.0 ???? > > TIA ...

PB 6.5 to MS SQL server 7.0 connectivity
Greetings Seem to much discussion on this topic...I desperately need the answer at the end of the book. We are upgrading to SQL 7 and MUST be live with our PB 6.5 app in 3 weeks. PowerSoft/Sybase preferred or recommended configuration?? Please respond with any recommendations on: PB versions / builds PB drivers SQL Server client software Native drivers VS OLEDB VS ODBC etc... PB support of 7.0 new features: specifically the 8K varchar DataType thanks <pc> ...

connection problem from PB 6.5 and MS SQL 7.0
I experience this problem when trying to connect to MS SQL 7.0 from PB development Environment from Database painter. SQLState S1003 Microsoft ODBC Drive Manager PRogram Type out of Range. Your help much appreciated. Upgrade to 6.5.1 Syed <syedibrahim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:UNYhqTUR$GA.191@forums.sybase.com... > I experience this problem when trying to connect to MS SQL 7.0 from PB > development Environment from Database painter. > > SQLState S1003 > Microsoft ODBC Drive Manager PRogram Type out of Range. > > Your help much appr...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0 connectivity
I have a PB 6.5 application running with SQL-Anywhere. I have recently tried to re-establish the database on Microsoft SQL-SERVER 7.0. I have loaded the native client-side software to connect to MS 7.0 and was successful with the connection. However, when I tried to establish a connection via the PB 6.5 development environment (DB painter and etc.), I received a "S1003 - Program type out of range" message from within the PB 6.5 database painter. I didn't receive the error message when I connected to the database... but only when I tried to actually do something thru ...

PB 6.5.1/7.0 Connect 16-bit exe with ASA 6.0
I have the Techdoc DocID 444777 on connecting 16-bit exes with 32-bit SQL Anywhere DBs: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44477 I have followed it to the letter and cannot get it to work: Error message on 16-bit exe CONNECT using SQLCA: ODBC is not supported in your installation. Has anyone else tried this? 32-bit exe works no problems (well it would 32-bit ODBC). Platform is Win95. I have both the 32-bit and 16-bit deployment kits installed on the same machine. I think the problem is with the so-called ODBC bridge. Any help appreciated. Problem ...

Problems to connect a PB 5.04 with MS SQL Server 7.0
I possess PB 5.04 and I need to connect with MS SQL Server 7.0 he/she saw ODBC. I am using the connection file with the MS SQL server: SQLSRV32.DLL 3.70.06.23 11/05/1999 ODBC 3.510.3513.0 When I execute the application for PB in Windows 95 it works, but when I try to execute by Windows 98 and I give retrieve in any datawindow he/she doesn't appear the data. Seemingly the I am supported it connected, mistake didn't come back. To use sql embeded doesn't also work, coming back garbage. Thank you, Francisco Freitas ODBC 3.x added some new datatypes that older v...

PB 7.0.2 and SQL Server 6.5 slow connection
We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. Now it takes several minutes. Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown? Thanks, Ken Try appling the 8046 EBF "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. > Now it takes several minutes. > > Does a...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

PB 6.0 to Oracle 8.0.5 Connection Problem
I am using PB 6.0 with the Oracle8 beta driver to develop an application that is using the Oracle8 BLOB datatype. I can connect OK via the Database Painter, but when I try to test the application and attempt to connect, I get the following message: "ORA-06401: NETCMN: invalid driver designator Please see the system administrator" I can connect to the Oracle8 backend OK with the 073 version of the driver, but this will not let me used the SELECTBLOB statement to retrieve the BLOB columns, I get the following error: "READBLOB/WRITEBLOB is valid for only VARRAW, RA...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

Connection to MS SQL Server 7.0 with PB application built in 5.5.04
FYI.... I am in the process of upgrade an application database from MS SQL server 6.0 to 7.0 and I would like to know if there is a driver download that I can get so that I don't have to also upgrade the application as well. Is a database driver download available? It there is, where do I get it from? Thanks for the help. (My gut feeling is that the application will also have to be upgrade for the new native driver... Please say I am wrong) .......Shane Hi Shane, MS 7 does not have a native driver...

Connect PB 6.5 to Informix 9
I am trying to connect a PowerBuilder application that is currently in PB6.5 to an Informix 9 database. I believe I need a DLL named PBIN960.DLL but I am unable to find it. Is this correct and if so, does anyone have it? In my experience, using the Informix 9 client(Informix-Connect v9.1) with the IN7 native driver included with PB 6.5 will work, but will give strange results. The best thing to do is install the Informix 7 client software(Informix-Connect v7.2) and use the IN7 native driver for PB 6.5. You could also migrate your app to PB 8.0.1 and use the IN9 native driver i...

Oracle 8.0/Oracle 7.1.4 & PB 5.0 connection problem
I am using native database interfaces 7.2 to connect with the Oracle database 7.1.4 (UNIX) from PB 5.0(windows 95), it works well. But after I installled Personal Oracle8 on my desktop, everytime it goes to the local oracle 8 database(oracle8 database autobatically starts ) with the same profile, not the remote 7.1.4. I tried to use Oracle Home Selector to switch the oracle home to 7.1.4, nothing happened, Oracle home stayed at Oracle 8. Is there any way that can let me specify the database? Thanks What are you using as your servername string? Is your tnsnames.ora file still corr...

Connecting to MS SQL Server 2000 w/PB Professional v 8.0/9.0
Hi all- Wondering if PB 8.0/9.0 Professional can connect to MS SQL Server 2000? Without Native driver, can it connect via ODBC? We generally use Enterprise with native drivers but wondered if Professional is an option. Thanks for help on this. Ed Zak- Yes, it's a very viable option. On 22 Dec 2003 14:04:13 -0800, "Ed Zak" <zakef@askesis.com> wrote: >Hi all- > >Wondering if PB 8.0/9.0 Professional can connect to MS SQL Server 2000? >Without Native driver, can it connect via ODBC? We generally use Enterprise >with native drivers but wondered if Professional is an option. > >Thanks for help on this. > >Ed Zak- > > Jim O'Neil Principal Technical Support Engineer Sybase, Inc. Concord, MA And the side benefit of using ODBC versus the native driver is that you will be able to access some (if not all) new features that require MS SQL Server 7 or later client software. Remember, the native interface is feature frozen as the underlying technoloyg dblib was feature frozen by MS. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 **************************************************************************** * Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to medium sized business environments for free! http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html ...

Web resources about - Connectivity Problem with PB 6.5 or PB 7.0 and Informix Dynamic Server 2000 9.21 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...