Connect to Oracle Express 10.2g with ODBC with Powerbuilder

I can contact to the local Oracle database with ODBC-Data-Sources interface
and the oracle ODBC-Driver ( Oracle in XE )
TNS Service Name =  //STPXP2:1042/XE
If I test now  the SERVER CONNECTION , I get: SUCCESS

If I try to connect within Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 6071 with
TOP 1
O10  I get always the Error-Message: 12154 TNS Cannot resolve TNX-name

TOP 2
With ODBC-Driver and the RUNNING Oracle-ODBC-driver
Error-Message: 12154 TNS Cannot resolve TNX-name

0
Peter

If you use the O10 driver, you are connecting natively.  Simply put XE as
the servername.
I don't have XE on my machine here, but on my laptop I have it configured
and it works just fine.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

"Peter Stojkovic" <no_spam@gmx.net> wrote in message
>I can contact to the local Oracle database with ODBC-Data-Sources interface
>and the oracle ODBC-Driver ( Oracle in XE )
> TNS Service Name =  //STPXP2:1042/XE
> If I test now  the SERVER CONNECTION , I get: SUCCESS
>

> If I try to connect within Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 6071 with
> TOP 1
> O10  I get always the Error-Message: 12154 TNS Cannot resolve TNX-name
>
> TOP 2
> With ODBC-Driver and the RUNNING Oracle-ODBC-driver
> Error-Message: 12154 TNS Cannot resolve TNX-name

0
Terry

ODBC for PowerBuilder connecting to Oracle 8
I've got a legacy PB4 application on Win 95 and 3x clients that I haven't been able to get to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 database on Windows NT. PB4 isn't working properly with SQL*Net 2.3.3, the client that comes on the Oracle 8 CD. Would it be easier to use ODBC to connect than SQL*Net? Please advise. Most PB4 apps are 16 bit, and I'm guessing that the SQL*NET you have installed on that machine is 32 bit. You either need to (a) use a 32 bit version of SQL*NET or (b) install the 16 bit version of SQL*NET. (I would recommend the former of the two). Also, you need t...

PowerBuilder 10.5.2 does not connect to Oracle 10.0.2 Windows 64-Bit...
Hi! I am trying to connect to Oracle 64-Bit from Powerbuilder 10.5.2(both from IDE & Runtime)-Windows. I am not able to connect to the Database , error message prompted is as follows:- "Oracle library oci.dll could not be loaded." Timely responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Do you have 32-bit Oracle client installed? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <ckp.fahm@gmail.com> wrote i...

ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC
Hi! My problem is: I have a procedure on ORACLE database: create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT INTEGER); begin .... end; and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible manners described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have failed. There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Nat...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Powerbuilder 10.5 and Oracle 9i connectivity issues
All, I recently came across a problem with our application (of course a production issue) where the application aborts when the CONNECT USING SQLCA command is issued to the database. We connect to an Oracle 9i database using the PB 084 driver. We pull a listing of available databases (prod, dev, test, etc..) to allow the user to select the database they will connect to. This initial connection uses a transaction object that is independent of SQLCA and retrieves the list into a datastore. This transaction object is scoped locally to a function and performs a connect using...

PowerBuilder 9 and Oracle 10 TNS timeout on connecting
Hi, have found a lot of threads dealing with PB9/Ora10 and the support matrix at http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 which states the same thing: PB 9.0.2 should connect to Ora 10g using PBO9090.DLL and the Oracle 9 Client installed. Actually it does ... sometimes. But every second or third try fails with ORA-12535: TNS: Timeout ... I don't get this error connecting with SQLPlus. Any hints on this? Using PB 9.0.2 8004, Oracle Client 9.2.0.8.0 on WXP and Oracle Server 10.2.0.3.0 on Linux. TIA Chris Werner Sounds like a network issue. You should probably du...

Connecting PowerBuilder 7.0 to Oracle 8i via ODBC
Hi all, I am connecting a PowerBuilder 7.0 application to an Oracle 8i database via ODBC (driver version 8.01.61.00) in a client server system. The Oracle ODBC driver does retrieve the table information but not the columns. I get the message "Table 'xxxx' has no columns, possible invalid table format". If I use the native connection or the Microsoft ODBC driver instead, it seems to fix the problem. Using the Microsoft driver is not an option because of it not supporting BLOBs. Thanks in advance, Didier Latkowski ...

ODBC for Connecting Powerbuilder 6.5 on Sun Solaris to Oracle
Does Powerbuilder 6.5 support the following: ODBC to connect to Oracle 8.05 on a Sun Solaris machine? Yes, assuming you mean PB6.5 running on W95/NT. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. joe wrote in message <37554C8A.2E3D4A6C@idfm.com>... >Does Powerbuilder 6.5 support the following: >ODBC to connect to Oracle 8.05 on a Sun Solaris machine? > ...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Sorry, is the the correct place to post my question? any TeamSybase member can help? Thanks Tony I thin...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Please see you original post. Tony wrote: > We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connec...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. ...

ODBC Connections with PowerBuilder
This is actually a follow up to my previous "PB5.0 Connection to Watcom DB." We upgraded the PB libraries to 5.0.04 and were able to solve the "The allocation of the connection handle failed" problem. However, the "The command extension block could not be allocated" still happens when: 1) Start a PB application with an ODBC connection and leave it running. 2) Start and end a second PB application with an ODBC connection. 3) Repeat step 2 24 times. 4) When the second app is started the 25th time we get the "The command extension block could not ...