Can PB 5.0 connect to a MS SQL 7 database?

Can PB 5.0 connect to a MS SQL 7 database? If so what Powerbuilder dll's are
needed?

0
Acie

There are no drivers, that I am aware of, for PB5 to connect to MS SQL 7.
You can try to use the MS SQL 6 drivers or the ODBC drivers, but you might
expect to run into some limitations.

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:16:19 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
Acie Clayborne <acie@atmsol.com> wrote:
>Can PB 5.0 connect to a MS SQL 7 database? If so what Powerbuilder dll's are
>needed?

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]            | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm

Bruce
6/28/1999 5:55:50 PM
Have a look on www.deja.com
I (and others) have asked the question before.  The short answer is No, it
can't be (reliably) done.
Using ODBC, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Someone posted a
solution for PB5, but it didn't work for us (it was a PFC-based solution, we
don't use PFC).

S.

Acie Clayborne wrote in message ...
>Can PB 5.0 connect to a MS SQL 7 database? If so what Powerbuilder dll's
are
>needed?

0
Simon

Acie Clayborne wrote in message ...
>Can PB 5.0 connect to a MS SQL 7 database? If so what Powerbuilder dll's
are
>needed?

0
Acie