Can I create a datawindow in PB6.5 using Store Procedure in MS SQL Server 7.0 as it's data source?

I created a Stored Procedure in MS SQL Server 7.0,and
created a DataWindow in PB 6.5 using it as data source.

First I use PB 6.5 native driver,I got such error message:Cannot create
DataWindow.
        'Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
        1 execute dbo.P_TEST;1'

Then I use ODBC,the columns were listed,but when I retrieved the data,I got
another error message:
Select error:SQLSTATE = S1003
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program type out of range.

Can you help me?

0
Yuwen

What types of columns are you retrieving in the sp?  The 2 errors sound
very similar.

steve
[TeamSybase]

Yuwen wrote:

> I created a Stored Procedure in MS SQL Server 7.0,and
> created a DataWindow in PB 6.5 using it as data source.
>
> First I use PB 6.5 native driver,I got such error message:Cannot create
> DataWindow.
>         'Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
>         1 execute dbo.P_TEST;1'
>
> Then I use ODBC,the columns were listed,but when I retrieved the data,I got
> another error message:
> Select error:SQLSTATE = S1003
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program type out of range.
>
> Can you help me?
0
Steve
12/17/1999 3:16:33 PM
Neither INT nor CHAR.

Steve Katz [TeamSybase] wrote in message <385A53D1.AABC4A78@jpmorgan.com>...
>What types of columns are you retrieving in the sp?  The 2 errors sound
>very similar.
>
>steve
>[TeamSybase]

0
Yuwen

Can't execute Stored Procedures with argument(s) using MS SQL 7.0 versus PB 7.0.3
I am using Power Builder 7 and I have installed the patch up to version 7.0.3 I connect to my SQL database (MSSQL 7) using regular ODBC for SQL Server. It works fine for retrieving any kind of sql syntax that I create using datawindow. However, it doesn't work for running a stored procedure with argument(s). The stored procedure itself runs just fine when I tested it from MSSQL's Query Analyzer. Examples: alter procedure dba.sp_people_long_name --> this one works just fine, because it has NO arguments as begin select peopleid,longname=lastname+', '...

PB6.5->7.0
I have an app that works fine under PB6.5 which I migrated to 7.0. It used to run fine under 6.5 connecting to SQL Server 6.5. I've made no code changes at all but when I try to connect to the server under PB 7, it just stops and the hard disk goes like crazy. If I connect through PB to the database and then bring up a DW, I can see data. It just appears like my app can't connect. Any ideas? TIA. - Jeffrey There is a huge memory leak with the native driver. The workaround: Put a Space in dbparm. In development, set staticbind or something. -- Terry Dykstra (Team...

PB 7.0 DataWindows and MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedures
I'm having some problems with creating a datawindow from a stored procedure. I have migraited a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0 with no difficulties. This app has datawindows that are running off of stored procs. But, when I try to create a new tabular datawindow fromscratch (I also tried this using a stored proc that is being used to power other datawindows) I get the following message: Cannot create DataWindow 'Data-conversion resulted in overflow' If any one knows what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate the help. BTW, I am connecting with the native MS SQL Serv...

PB 7.0 DataWindows and MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedures
I'm having some problems with creating a datawindow from a stored procedure. I have migraited a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0 with no difficulties. This app has datawindows that are running off of stored procs. But, when I try to create a new tabular datawindow fromscratch (I also tried this using a stored proc that is being used to power other datawindows) I get the following message: Cannot create DataWindow 'Data-conversion resulted in overflow' If any one knows what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate the help. BTW, I am connecting with the native MS SQL Ser...

Datawindow creation using Stored Procedure ( MS SQL Server 7 ) causes Data
I am trying to create a datawindow in PowerBuilder 7.1 using Microsoft SQL Server 7. I get an error 'Data conversion resulted in overflow. The database connection is established through native driver PBMSS70.dll. The same stored procedure works in PowerBuilder 6.0. Can anybody show some light to this problem, is this a known bug with PowerBuilder 7.1. Many Thanks... Regards, Janmejay Sahoo ...

Retrieving a PB7.0 DataWindow from a MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedure.
Retrieving a PB7 DataWindow from a MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedure. I am running PowerBuilder 7 and using Microsoft SQL Server 7 as my Back-end. I have written a Stored procedure in SQL Server which accepts two arguments and returns a set of rows after a set of processing. But my Problem is when I create the DataWindow Object in PB7 it shows a "Data Conversion error" after the final step of the DW object creation wizard. This error does not come up if I check the Manual Result set option in the Wizard. But when I do so I don't get the output and also I am unaware h...

How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5?
If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of. Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to contact them directly to determine that. Are you having a particular problem with the drivers you have now? On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote: > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.romac-sou...

PB6.5 connect MS SQL 2005 using native driver (DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0)
Is it possible PB 6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2005? The existing application is PB6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2000. It is work fine. John Hi John; AFAIK .. it should work. The only restrictions would be 1) PB 6.5 will not understand SS2005 functionality. You will be restricted to the SS 6.0 (as you are today with SS2000) feature set. 2) The MSS setting connects using the NTDBLIB.dll from MS. I do not believe that this is supplied with SS2005. So you will need to install the SS20...

Datawindow problem
I have a datawindow which executes a simple proc but no matter how simple, I get the following error : "Cannot create DataWindow. 'Data conversion resulted in overflow'. 1 execute dbo.p_device_sel.sql" The SQL for the proc is below. Could anyone give me any pointers please? Regards Alan Raubenheimer IF EXISTS(SELECT name FROM sysobjects WHERE type = 'P' AND name = 'p_device_sel') BEGIN DROP PROCEDURE p_device_sel END go CREATE PROCEDURE p_device_sel as begin SELECT d.device_id,...

Using PFC treeview with MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedures
This is how I code my treeview to build my tree's hierarchy. ls_sql = "Select value, result from tbldomainvalue WHERE domainid=13 AND value=3;" li_return = this.inv_levelsource.of_Register(1, "result", "", SQLCA, ls_sql, "") this.inv_levelsource.of_SetPictureColumn(1, "1") this.inv_levelsource.of_SetSelectedPictureColumn (1, "2") li_return = this.inv_levelsource.of_Register(2, "labname", "", "d_grid_lab_all", SQLCA, "") this.inv_levelsource.of_SetPictureColumn(2, "1"...

How to use Oracle 7.3 stored procedures as datawindows' data sources?
Hello! We are trying to use stored procedures as datawindows' datasources using PB5.0.03, Oracle 7.3.3, SQL*Net 2.3.3, clients with Windows 95, and the server with NT 4.0. When we try to do that, we receive an ORA-06550 error refering to a PLS-00306 error (wrong number or type of arguments in call to 'empleado'). We have tested the procedure directly in the database and everything seems to be ok. Does anyone know where the problem can be? or even better, how can we use the stored procedures as data sources for the datawindows? We created a package and the stored proc...

Stored procedures,MSS Sql Server 7.0, and Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a stored procedure that performs an update of a table based upon two input values, a "char(12)" and an "int" type. When running this update inside SQL Server 7.0, it works. However, when I run it in my Powerbuilder application, I get the error "Invalid character value for cast specification", as though I have some data type compatability error. I checked my code and everything seems appropriately typed. Also, it seemed that when I was using SQL Server 6.5, everything worked fine. Any insights out there? There was a bug reported with numeric dat...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

PB6.5 Build 444 + MS SQL7.0 + MS SQL 7.0 DB connection DLL files
PB6.5 Build 444 + MS SQL7.0 + MS SQL 7.0 DB connection DLL files. Compiled program running on the Win98 without MS SQL 7.0 client application installed. I can not get the DB connection by using external ip address like "202.199.12.12", but for internal ip address "10.4.32.2" which is one of our intranet ip address, it works well. The error is "unable to find SQL Server or SQL Server unvaliable". Both of the two ip adresses are associated with the same DB Server. Thanks ...

Web resources about - Can I create a datawindow in PB6.5 using Store Procedure in MS SQL Server 7.0 as it's data source? - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo