ASA 6.0 & PB desktop 6.0

Hi!.
I've a problem with PB 6.0 desktop version and the Adaptative Serve
Anywhere 6.0.
I installed the ASA 6.0 and I see the driver in theWindows ODBC
Administrator, but i don't see that in the PB ODBCs.
If I find in the Registry I found this driver but PB don't see It.
Is normal?
How I can see this ODBC driver?

TIA


0
Jorge
6/10/1999 7:15:30 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.connection 3893 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
591 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 10

Jorge Fdez wrote:

> Hi!.
> I've a problem with PB 6.0 desktop version and the Adaptative Serve
> Anywhere 6.0.
> I installed the ASA 6.0 and I see the driver in theWindows ODBC
> Administrator, but i don't see that in the PB ODBCs.
> If I find in the Registry I found this driver but PB don't see It.
> Is normal?
> How I can see this ODBC driver?
>
> TIA

Get the maintenance release available from sdn.sybase.com.  PB Desktop
is hard-wired to only support ODBC drivers shipped with the product.
When PB 6.0 shipped, there wasn't an Adaptive Server Anywhere (it was
still SQLAnywhere) so PB 6.0 desktop doesn't know it's ok to connect to
ASA.  PB 6.5.1 will resolve this

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support


0
Jim
6/10/1999 3:17:35 PM
Hello,
I share Jorges problem with ASA6.0 and PB6.0 (desktop). The solution with
the maintenance release sounds fine. There are only a few question:
 - Which maintenace release should one use? On the SDN-Website only a link
to the maintenace release of PB 6.5 exists. Could one use this with PB6.0
- In cause of the server support.sybase.com is often unavailable (always as
i tried for the last three days) i don't know how big the release is and
what to do with it. Is it a kind of a patch or something like a
"brand-new-version" of some XX MB size? If it is the last i wonder if there
is an other way to obtain it and if its for free. I will try to get this
info by myself over support.sybase.com but increasingly i wonder if i will
have succes.
If anyone knows answers to these problems/questions please feel free to
help. :-)

Thanks for your effords
 Yours Martin Bergen

Jim O'Neil [Sybase] schrieb:

> Jorge Fdez wrote:
>
> > Hi!.
> > I've a problem with PB 6.0 desktop version and the Adaptative Serve
> > Anywhere 6.0.
> > I installed the ASA 6.0 and I see the driver in theWindows ODBC
> > Administrator, but i don't see that in the PB ODBCs.
> > If I find in the Registry I found this driver but PB don't see It.
> > Is normal?
> > How I can see this ODBC driver?
> >
> > TIA
>
> Get the maintenance release available from sdn.sybase.com.  PB Desktop
> is hard-wired to only support ODBC drivers shipped with the product.
> When PB 6.0 shipped, there wasn't an Adaptive Server Anywhere (it was
> still SQLAnywhere) so PB 6.0 desktop doesn't know it's ok to connect to
> ASA.  PB 6.5.1 will resolve this
>
> Jim O'Neil
> Sybase Technical Support

0
Martin
9/8/1999 12:04:10 PM
Ok, finally i reached the server and got the release.
No further help requiered.
See you
 Martin bergen

Martin Bergen schrieb:

> Hello,
> I share Jorges problem with ASA6.0 and PB6.0 (desktop). The solution with
> the maintenance release sounds fine. There are only a few question:
>  - Which maintenace release should one use? On the SDN-Website only a link
> to the maintenace release of PB 6.5 exists. Could one use this with PB6.0
> - In cause of the server support.sybase.com is often unavailable (always as
> i tried for the last three days) i don't know how big the release is and
> what to do with it. Is it a kind of a patch or something like a
> "brand-new-version" of some XX MB size? If it is the last i wonder if there
> is an other way to obtain it and if its for free. I will try to get this
> info by myself over support.sybase.com but increasingly i wonder if i will
> have succes.
> If anyone knows answers to these problems/questions please feel free to
> help. :-)
>
> Thanks for your effords
>  Yours Martin Bergen
>
> Jim O'Neil [Sybase] schrieb:
>
> > Jorge Fdez wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!.
> > > I've a problem with PB 6.0 desktop version and the Adaptative Serve
> > > Anywhere 6.0.
> > > I installed the ASA 6.0 and I see the driver in theWindows ODBC
> > > Administrator, but i don't see that in the PB ODBCs.
> > > If I find in the Registry I found this driver but PB don't see It.
> > > Is normal?
> > > How I can see this ODBC driver?
> > >
> > > TIA
> >
> > Get the maintenance release available from sdn.sybase.com.  PB Desktop
> > is hard-wired to only support ODBC drivers shipped with the product.
> > When PB 6.0 shipped, there wasn't an Adaptive Server Anywhere (it was
> > still SQLAnywhere) so PB 6.0 desktop doesn't know it's ok to connect to
> > ASA.  PB 6.5.1 will resolve this
> >
> > Jim O'Neil
> > Sybase Technical Support

0
Martin
9/8/1999 1:06:24 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Connection of PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0 & Version B/W PB 6.0 and PB 7.0
Can anyone tell me about connecting PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0. Please remember we are not planning to upgrade both software. When I was trying to connect PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0, error occurred " SQLSTAT 1003". OS=NT 4.0 Server PB=6.0 Enterprise Edition SQL SERVER=7.0 Corporate Edition I also want to know the versions between PB 6.0 to PB 7.0 If your are using the ODBC, which I assume you are, include Disablebind=1 in your DBParm. If your deployment environment is also NT, you will have to turn SQLSPY=1 using PFC services. Autocommit=FALSE and SetTransObject() ra...

Help me about connecting PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0 & Versions B/W PB 6.0 and PB 7.0
Can anyone tell me about connecting PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0. Please remember we are not planning to upgrade both software. When I was trying to connect PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0, error occurred " SQLSTAT 1003". OS=NT 4.0 Server PB=6.0 Enterprise Edition SQL SERVER=7.0 Corporate Edition I also want to know the versions between PB 6.0 to PB 7.0 I don't believe this is going to be possible without at least upgrading to the latest maintenance release of 6.x. On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 00:59:56 -0700, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Abdul Lateef <abdul_lat...

PB Desktop 6.0 & SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0 Problem
I am using Power Builder Desktop version 6.0 and SQL Anywhere Studio Version 6.0. I am not able to access my databases which have been build in SQL Anywhere 6.0 because PB Desktop has the 'ODBC' drivers which it can talk to 'built in'. I have read somewhere on the Sybase web site, that if I download the PB 6.5.1 EBF/Update files and install them, then the problem should go away. It has to some extent, I can now see SQL Anywhere 6.0 in the Power Builder Desktop ODBC list, but when I try to connect I get the following error message :- Unsupported ODBC Driver &quo...

powerbuilder 6.0 and asa 6.0
I upgraded our database to asa 6.0. I created an odbc connection on a client using tcpip, click on the test connection and it works. I open powerbuilder 6.0 and get a communication error when trying to connect to the db profile. Is anyone else having this problem?? Did I forget something when installing this new asa package? There both running on windows 95 machines(I even tried the sample server database and it doen't seem to work for me either) Thanks, Amy Brand ABrand@swank.com My PB 6.5 to ASA 6 connections work OK. Have you duplicated the Sybase SQL Anywhere sec...

PB 6.5.1/7.0 Connect 16-bit exe with ASA 6.0
I have the Techdoc DocID 444777 on connecting 16-bit exes with 32-bit SQL Anywhere DBs: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44477 I have followed it to the letter and cannot get it to work: Error message on 16-bit exe CONNECT using SQLCA: ODBC is not supported in your installation. Has anyone else tried this? 32-bit exe works no problems (well it would 32-bit ODBC). Platform is Win95. I have both the 32-bit and 16-bit deployment kits installed on the same machine. I think the problem is with the so-called ODBC bridge. Any help appreciated. Problem ...

How do you get PB 6.5.1 Desktop to connect to a ASA 6.0 database?
I get the following error message :- Unsupported ODBC driver "DBODBC6W" Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Thanks Wayne ...

Stored Procedures in ASA 6.0 with PB 6.0
I had a stored procedure in my SQL Anywhere 5.5 database that worked fine with my PB 6.0 application. Now I've upgraded the server to SQL Anywhere (ASA) 6.0, and Powerbuilder is not able to access the values that are returned by the the SQL Anywhere procedure. When the stored procedure is called from the Powerbuilder application, the procedure IS performed (I know this because the procedure is making the desired changes to the referenced table), but it will not return values to Powerbuilder as before. Everything else with the ASA 6.0 upgrade is working fine with my application...

ASA and PowerBuilder 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0
I am currently running PB 5.0 with an Oracle 7.3 database. However, there is a great demand for our remote users to gain access to the app. Therefore, I was looking into using ASA to deploy to our remote users. The problem is that stored procedures are not supported with the run-time version of the database engine that gets deployed with the deployment kit. My question is: Does PB 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0 and/or deployment kit allow the run-time engine to support stored procedures. If not, what are some alternatives? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. >My ...

PB 4.0.03 & PB 6.0.0 issues
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS READING PB PRODUCTS: 1. WE HAVE USED PB 4.0.03 ENTERPRISE FOR YEARS NOW, ARE THERE PATCHES FOR Y2K CONCERNS THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD? 2. WE HAVE ALSO PB 6.0.0 PROFESSIONAL, AND ENCOUNTERED SOME ODBC 4.0 GLITCHES RELATING TO MS-ACCESS 97 ("... Program type out of range ..."), ARE THERE PATCHES ALSO FOR THESE CONCERNS AND Y2K ISSUES. I read a response pointing where to find the different patches. I did not see though any patches specific to PB 4.0.03 and PB 6.0.0. I would great...

SQL Anywhere 5.0 upgraded by ASA 6.0?, ASA 6.0 on Linux???
What is ASA? Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? Can I directly upgrade a Database from SQL Anywhere 5.0 (windows NT) to ASA 6.0 or 7.0? Then, what is the database engine for Linux? or ASA 6.0 or 7.0 is multiplatform? Please, any help, I don't understand. P.S.: My SQL Anywhere 5.0 is boundled with DataEase Plus 2.77 conected via ODBC, will run with ASA on any platform? > What is ASA? Adaptive Server Anywhere. IE enchanced & considerably improved versions of old SQL Anywhere > Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? No. Last versio...

Bugfixes for PB 6.0? Back from 6.0 to 5.0?
Hi there, since there are so many troubles with PB 6.0, does anyone know if there are any bugfixes for PB 6.0 out yet or even planned for the NEAR future? Is there a way to migrate back from PB 6.0 to PB 5.0.0x? Regards, * gerald * You sound pretty upset - if you don't mind me asking what are these troubles you are having? Gerald Znidaric wrote in message <34C86F5A.778A0197@mgm-edv.de>... >Hi there, > >since there are so many troubles with PB 6.0, does anyone know if there >are any bugfixes for PB 6.0 out yet or even planned for the NEAR future? ...

ASA 6 ODBC & PowerBuilder Pro 6.0
Hi, I am trying to connect to my database created in Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.03. I enter Installed Powersoft Interfaces and select configure ODBC, but the Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0 Driver does not appear as an option. The driver is installed and can be seen when you go through the control panel ODBC. I am using PowerBuilder Professional 6.0. How do I install this driver to appear as an option? Thanks, Rod Rod Neill wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to connect to my database created in Adaptive Server Anywhere > 6.03. I enter Installed Powersoft Interfac...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04
We are using PB 5.04 Enterprise at this moment and are almost happy (uch) with it. Because we don't programming applications for the Internet (maybe in the near future) we haven't upgraded to version 6.0 and 6.5. Now we are confused what to do, keeping the old and 'stable' version (5.04) or upgrading to a newer version. Are there features in the newer versions wich make it a 'must' to upgrade. What are this features. Or are there reasons to stay on 5.04 (buggy newer versions?). What is doing the rest of the Powerbuilder world??? Greetings, Hans Groeneveld ...

Web resources about - ASA 6.0 & PB desktop 6.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Virtual desktop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... a virtualized environment between the computer platform and its operating system, see Virtual machine . For virtual machines running desktop ...

Holiday Buyer’s Guide 2015: Desktop Processors
2015 on the whole has been an interesting play in the land of computer processor land. For anyone buying a new desktop, we had the movement of ...

WordPress site undergoes a major redesign, desktop app launches, code goes open source
... a quarter, in fact. As a CMS it's incredibly flexible, and today the company unveiled not only a new look for WordPress.com, but also a desktop ...

Intel’s 72-core processor is coming to desktop computers next year
... seen anything yet. PC World reports that Intel wants to put its so-called Knights Landing chip into a limited number of workstation desktop ...

Microsoft is moving closer to a desktop PC in your pocket
Microsoft could be about to bring desktop Windows apps (known as Win32 programmes) to Windows 10 Mobile phones running in Continuum mode, according ...

Review: Sit-Stand Desktop Workstation will transform your desk
Lust List: Sit-Stand Desktop Workstation by Ergotron I've got a love/hate relationship with standing desks. While I love the health benefits ...

ET deals roundup: Save on desktops, monitors, laptops, and more from Dell
For a limited time, Dell is running a massive sale on desktops, laptops, tablets, monitors, and more. Don't miss out on this massive bargains. ...

PlayStation 4 Remote Play Coming to the PC Desktop
A quite amazing piece of technology that’ll have lapsed gamers stunned by what’s possible nowadays is on the way from Sony, with one of its development ...

Physical Security for Desktop Computers
... breaking it wide open, the digital keys that unlock the computer are erased. The ORWL specs are what you would expect from a bare-bones desktop ...

‘Fallout 4’ Newfound Bug Will Send You Back To Desktop, No One Knows Why
... asked to go to Mosignor Plaza. However, once the player begins the journey, the game would then crash and send the player straight to the desktop. ...

Resources last updated: 11/29/2015 2:10:30 AM