Accessing MS SQL Server 7.0 from PB 5.0

I am trying to acccess a SQL Server  7.0 database across a dial-up
connection on our IP's host server.   I have successfully connected.  I
can see his database and all the tables when I am in the database
painter for PB 5.0.  However if I try to retrieve from the tables, I get
the message that the datatype is not supported.   If I go into alter the
table, it allows me to, but in the datatype column there is nothing and
the drop down has been disabled.  However, if  I create a new table, the
drop down is populated with all the usual datatypes. If I then create a
table using one any of these types, once it is created and I try to
retrieve, I get the same message.

I am trying to access data in this SQL Server db and pipe it to our
production SYBASE SQL Anywhere 5.0 db.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Kristen Page

0
Kristen

Kirsten,

You can't make PB5 talk to SQL 7. You will need to upgrade to PB 6.5.1.

Andrew

Kristen Page <kpage@omniplex.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to acccess a SQL Server  7.0 database across a dial-up
> connection on our IP's host server.   I have successfully connected.  I
> can see his database and all the tables when I am in the database
> painter for PB 5.0.  However if I try to retrieve from the tables, I get
> the message that the datatype is not supported.   If I go into alter the
> table, it allows me to, but in the datatype column there is nothing and
> the drop down has been disabled.  However, if  I create a new table, the
> drop down is populated with all the usual datatypes. If I then create a
> table using one any of these types, once it is created and I try to
> retrieve, I get the same message.
>
> I am trying to access data in this SQL Server db and pipe it to our
> production SYBASE SQL Anywhere 5.0 db.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Kristen Page