Datawindow Builder Database Selection Problem

--------------9B9A633F9A9B2DA80605E03E

Hi:

I am having a very strange problem, and I am not sure when it started
occuring.  When I try to edit a (new or existing) datawindow, I have to
select the database, twice.  That has always been the case.  What is
different now is that although the first time it lets me browse to the
correct database (an Access mdb file not stored under the power
directory), the second selection doesn't let me browse to the proper
place.  I am stuck in a c:\Program Files\Power20\system directory.  Do I
have to move the file there?  I don't recall having to do this before.
I have recently updated from NT 3.5.1 to NT 4.0, is there a difference
in this area between the two?  I have tried totally reinstalling Power,
and it has no effect.  Any help would be appreciated!

TIA,
        Mike

--------------9B9A633F9A9B2DA80605E03E

<HTML>
Hi:

<P>I am having a very strange problem, and I am not sure when it started
occuring.&nbsp; When I try to edit a (new or existing) datawindow, I have
to select the database, <U>twice</U>.&nbsp; That has always been the case.&nbsp;
What is different now is that although the first time it lets me browse
to the correct database (an Access mdb file not stored under the power
directory), the second selection doesn't let me browse to the proper place.&nbsp;
I am stuck in a c:\Program Files\Power20\system directory.&nbsp; Do I have
to move the file there?&nbsp; I don't recall having to do this before.&nbsp;
I have recently updated from NT 3.5.1 to NT 4.0, is there a difference
in this area between the two?&nbsp; I have tried totally reinstalling Power,
and it has no effect.&nbsp; Any help would be appreciated!

<P>TIA,
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mike
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------9B9A633F9A9B2DA80605E03E--

0
Mike
2/16/1998 5:02:53 PM
sybase.power++.datawindow 589 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sounds like an ODBC problem to me.

BTW, please configure your browser to only post in plain text.  When you
post in HTML format other developers (whose browsers aren't configure to
read HTML in newsgroups) cannot see your message.  It's postin in both
formats but the presence of HTML causes the IE newsreader to show no
message at all.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

Mike Gaffney <mgaffney@mrj.com> wrote in article
<34E8713C.78567179@mrj.com>...
> Hi:
>
> I am having a very strange problem, and I am not sure when it started
> occuring.  When I try to edit a (new or existing) datawindow, I have to
> select the database, twice.  That has always been the case.  What is
> different now is that although the first time it lets me browse to the
> correct database (an Access mdb file not stored under the power
> directory), the second selection doesn't let me browse to the proper
> place.  I am stuck in a c:\Program Files\Power20\system directory.  Do I
> have to move the file there?  I don't recall having to do this before.
> I have recently updated from NT 3.5.1 to NT 4.0, is there a difference
> in this area between the two?  I have tried totally reinstalling Power,
> and it has no effect.  Any help would be appreciated!
>
> TIA,
>         Mike

0
Jim

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

database in datawindow builder
hello, i have created a database in datawindow builder with one table. Now i want modify field in my table. For example, i want replace integer by char. But the fields are blocked and i cannot make changes. Can you help me ? thanks in advance Alexandre LEDET IMPULSOR alexandre.ledet@impulsor.fr Are you trying to modify/alter the table definition (i.e. changing a column type from integer to char, or are you simply trying to modify the data in a column. If latter, Datawindow Builder requires that you define a primary key for your table before it will let you modify dat...

Help
When I open the environment painter in the datawindow builder all my datawindows are displayed as reports! They have the report icon to the left of their name and if I open them from here they are displayed as reports when I preview them. If I open the datawindow painter and open a datawindow from there everything is fine. Except, that when I defined the datawindow I chose SQL Select and Free Form. But when I open them here and choose options, they are crosstab and when I try to change back to form it dosen't save my changes. ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow #2
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow #3
[...]

Web resources about - Datawindow Builder Database Selection Problem - sybase.power++.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo