Help - Why are datawindows shown as reports in the datawindow builder?

When I open the environment painter in the datawindow builder all my
datawindows are displayed as reports! They have the report icon to the left
of their name and if I open them from here they are displayed as reports
when I preview them.

If I open the datawindow painter and open a datawindow from there
everything is fine. Except, that when I defined the datawindow I chose SQL
Select and Free Form. But when I open them here and choose options, they
are crosstab and when I try to change back to form it dosen't save my
changes.

0
Gene
6/2/1997 4:47:54 PM
sybase.power++.database 932 articles. 0 followers. Follow

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Help!!! Assign Datawindow into Datawindow object
Usually I used to assign a datawindow (dw_train) in a datawindow object (dw_1) in a window is go to propertise of datawindow object and browse for datawindow. My Question:- How to this action into pb script? If you want to assign datawindow 'd_my_dw' to a dw control dw_1 in your script, you would say dw_1.DataObject = 'd_my_dw' If you are going to make an executable, do not forget to include d_my_dw in your resource file. On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 07:34:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript CKS21 <cks21@tm.net.my> wrote: >Usually I used to...

database in datawindow builder
hello, i have created a database in datawindow builder with one table. Now i want modify field in my table. For example, i want replace integer by char. But the fields are blocked and i cannot make changes. Can you help me ? thanks in advance Alexandre LEDET IMPULSOR alexandre.ledet@impulsor.fr Are you trying to modify/alter the table definition (i.e. changing a column type from integer to char, or are you simply trying to modify the data in a column. If latter, Datawindow Builder requires that you define a primary key for your table before it will let you modify dat...

Help, Help, Help
Hello, I'm new to PB and using a ver. 7. All I wanted to do for the moment is to set my DataWindow to some of my SQL select statement.... That is, if I click the "Connect" the SQL select statement "new_select" will be viewed into the DataWindow "dw_CACHE". I tried lots of experiment and still failed! Below is a short code that I was doing. Kindly advice.... Regards, John ********************************************************************** string new_select // Set the default Transaction object properties (TestBed) SQLCA.DBMS = &...

Help, Help, Help !!!
Hello, I'm new to PB and using a ver. 7. All I wanted to do for the moment is to set my DataWindow to some of my SQL select statement.... That is, if I click the "Connect" the SQL select statement "new_select" will be viewed into the DataWindow "dw_CACHE". I tried lots of experiment and still failed! Below is a short code that I was doing. Kindly advice.... Regards, John ********************************************************************** string new_select // Set the default Transaction object properties (TestBed) SQLCA.DBMS = &...

datawindow works in PowrJ,fails in datawindow Builder
Hello. I am using a stored procedure inside a datawindow to update one table. when I ran my datawindow inside DataWindow Builder, I got an error message said: "Row Changed Between Retrieve and Update, No change made to database." When I used the same datawindow inside PowerJ3.5, i got the same error message, but the stored procedure was called successfully. The database was updated even though the error message from datawindow said it didn't. I don't understand why the stored procedure inside my datawindow worked in PowerJ but not in dataWindow Builder, and i don...

Deploying datawindow reports using HTML Datawindow.
Hi all, we are trying to put some of our datawindow reports from the current PowerBuilder application on to the Web. Most of the datawindows include nested reports and N-Up presentation styles. With the help of manuals and other documents, we set up the EAServer environment and tried to implement a few reports, but so far, only simple tabular and grid datawindows come up fine but not others. There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly. In case of Nested reports, a document says that they are not suppor...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

datawindow

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Web resources about - Help - Why are datawindows shown as reports in the datawindow builder? - sybase.power++.database

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo