Connecting to MS AccessDB via ODBC

I want to get a connection to a MS Access DB via MS Access ODBC Driver
4.0xxx.
Transaction and queries work fine when testing them.
Creating a dw in DWB 6.5 brings in the SQL-Window the error from ODBC
S1003(program type out of range).

Any suggestions about this? (sorry if you find this posted also in the
powersoft datawindow newsgroup).

Thanks
Bernhard Giesriegl

0
Bernhard
3/22/2000 8:53:50 AM
sybase.power++.database 932 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

MS SqlServer-connection via ODBC
Hi there When retrieving data with some arguments I get a crash accompanied with SqlState 22005. Datasource is a stored procedure implemented in a datawindow. This appears only in the application, same retrieve from PB databasepainter goes successfully. When debugging the code, I can see that my variable-arguments are nice and neat just before the retrieve-statement. In the sqlpreview-event , where the crash appears, my arguments are changed to quotation-marks and this is of course the reason for the crash. But why are they changed? In the appl. I changed variable-arguments to cons...

pfc_n_tr
hi when my application connect to database - after the user-input from user-name and password, i connect to database - if the user-name or the password is incorrect, the odbc-propertie-window from the odbc-setup become open. i want to check a return-value from the connect and print a messagebox, and than i end the application - how could i opress the odbc-setup-propertie-window????? have anyone an idea? thank's in advance Michael E. There is a ConnectOption DBParm parameter that you set to tell ODBC not to show the dialog. On 8 Jun 2004 07:15:43 -0700, "M.E...

connected database info via ODBC?
Does anyone know a way to find out information about the database to which I am connected. It may not even be Sybase. Things like the vendor (e.g. Sybase, someone else), the specific database type (e.g. ASA, ASE, etc.), the database server version, etc. I expected these things to be available as connection attributes, but I am coming up empty. Thanks in advance. -- Dan Gosner VERITAS Software mailto: dan.gosner@veritas.com Select @@version -- gives version and type Select @@servername -- gives the supplied server name Select db_name( ) ...

MS SqlServer connected via ODBC
Hello out there, Anyone experienced whit that connection? If so, I'm interested to get an advice from you. The problem is that I can't get my dw-retrieval's with args work from appl. They work fine without args as well as RPC-calls with and without args. DW-retrieval's from DB-painter work also fine with and without args. In appl. I tried to change vars to constants with no success. Here's the message:[Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specifikation. There's a company decision to change from DB-Library to ODBC due to obsolete f...

Connecting PB8 via ODBC to SQL database
We have PB desktop 8.0 and can not get it to connect to microsoft sql database using ODBC any one know how to? bill@midtownoil.com I twould help to know specifically what the problem is. I would think you can use the MS SQL server odbc driver avaialble in MDAC (MS Data Access Components) pv bill battersby wrote: > > We have PB desktop 8.0 and can not get it to connect to microsoft sql > database using ODBC any one know how to? > > bill@midtownoil.com when building a db profile I get " invalid or unsupported data source. The data sourse is our ...

Database Connection via newer ODBC-versions
My problem is as follows. I'm stil using Powerbuilder (Enterprise) 6.5.1 Build 444 on W98SE ENG/WME ENG/WNT ENG. My connections with my Access-database (ODBC 3.0...) are working fine. When a new version of ODBC is installed (when installing new version of windows, new programs,...) i got the error "Program Type out of range". So i went searching for a solution and found a tip from somebody who had the same problem. It was installing EBF 1219 . So I tried, but i had different results at programming-machine and the enduser-station. Also the program crashes some...

Specifying system database on MS Accesss ODBC connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01C4341A.7775F630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1253" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit I want to connect to an Access database file that uses a �System Database� (*.mdw file). This file contains user privileges. I want to connect to this database without creating an ODBC profile. I know that I can use the DEFAULTDIR= and the DBQ= parameters to specify the directory and the database file but I don�t know how to specify the *.mdw file. Can somebody tell me how to do this?...

GPF when connecting to MS SQL6.5 via ODBC
I'm currently running into a GPF ( exception violation in PB050.exe ) when trying to connect to a MS SQL6.5 database via ODBC. I'm running NT4.0 SP3. I've tested the ODBC datasource using MS Access and I am successful. This leads me to believe the problem is Powerbuilder. I've also been successful in connecting to SQL Server using a different machine that is configured similarly. I'm not sure where to look. Has anyone else had similar problems? Oh, one other thing, the SQL Server ODBC driver version is 2.65.0201... Thanks for any help, Loren I forgot ...

Connecting to a MYSQL database via ASP.NET / ODBC
Morning all, I'm having a nightmare trying to connect to a Mysql database on my Supanames hosting package using ODBC.  I have only ever used SQL server and OLEDB before and nothing i seem to try works. Does anyone have a basic connection script they could share or any advice please?! Thanks. Paul Hey Paul,I have no idea if anyone answered your question already but here it is....void FillDropdown() {  string strSQL,searchstring; string strConnection = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=localhost;Database=[Enter Database Name];uid=[Enter UserName];pwd=[Enter Passw...

PB6.5 Connecting via ODBC to MS Access DB
I tried to connect to Access DB(created using access 2000 XP professional ) via ODBC in PB6.5. It connects successfully without any error messages but when i try to select table from the DB. PB6.5 prompt me the below error: SQLSTATE = S10003 [Micsoft ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of range My ODBC driver is ver 4.0 and OS is Win 2000 and Win98 How can i solve this problems??? You need to install PB651 and then of the last EBFs. PB6.5 doesn't know what to do with ODBC4. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post....

Error in connecting to a database via ODBC from a PB7 MTS Component
Hey everyone, I've developed a simple MTS/COM component in PowerBuilder and I've deployed it to my MTS server, i've added code to access a SQL Server database on my machine via ODBC, I"ve also developed an ASP page as the client and everytime it connects to the component and runs the 'dbsetup()' function I wrote to connect to the database, the following error comes back to me: SQLSTATE = S1110 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Only SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT is allowed when connection pooling is enabled whats really odd, is that whether or not I specify a correct...

Trusted connection via ODBC to Oracle Database with User Id and Password
Hi, Environment: - MS W2000 Clients - MS W2000 Servers - Oracle V9.2 - ODBC - Powerbuilder V9.x one of my customers would like to connect to an Oracle V9.2 database using ODBC with a trusted connection set up. But for security reasons he would still like a logon window where the user provides the Microsoft OS login / password. I've already changed the Oracle configuration and I'm able to logon without providing user id and password. ( Oracle account is setup as "identified externally") But if I now send the user id / password, the Oracle database r...

Web resources about - Connecting to MS AccessDB via ODBC - sybase.power++.database

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...