Ultralite Question

I am trying PPB evaluation version, and it is so easy to
build a 'Hello World' application to my device.
Then I have some questions about PPB :
1. How is the way to make Ultralite DB (.udb) file in the
pocket device ?
2. How is the way to connect from the PPB application to
ultralite database ?

TIA
0
Rob
10/21/2003 4:46:31 PM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Rob wrote in news:3f9563df.7c74.846930886@sybase.com:

> I am trying PPB evaluation version, and it is so easy to
> build a 'Hello World' application to my device.
> Then I have some questions about PPB :
> 1. How is the way to make Ultralite DB (.udb) file in the
> pocket device ?

PPB connects to an ASA database, not an UL database.

> 2. How is the way to connect from the PPB application to
> ultralite database ?

Is this necessary?  Or does the above answer clarify things?

--
David Fishburn
NEW - Certified ASA Developer Version 8

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

0
David
10/21/2003 5:36:46 PM
What DB should I use to connect from PPB when the device is
offline from the PC (in travel for example) ?
Is it also ASA ?
If yes, can we copy the db file from PC to device, and PPB
can use it ?

Rob
10/22/2003 2:09:04 AM
I did it that way and it works fine

<Rob> schreef in bericht news:3f95e6c0.65a2.846930886@sybase.com...
> What DB should I use to connect from PPB when the device is
> offline from the PC (in travel for example) ?
> Is it also ASA ?
> If yes, can we copy the db file from PC to device, and PPB
> can use it ?
>
> Thanks

0
ICE
10/22/2003 11:53:50 AM
Rob wrote in news:3f95e6c0.65a2.846930886@sybase.com:

> What DB should I use to connect from PPB when the device is
> offline from the PC (in travel for example) ?
> Is it also ASA ?
> If yes, can we copy the db file from PC to device, and PPB
> can use it ?

The intent of MobiLink synchronization is:
1) The desktop has a database ASA_1.db
2) The remote (CE device) has a database ASA_2.db
3) There is a consolidated database somewhere:
        This could be an Oracle, MSQLServer, DB2, ASE, ASA database
        Or ASA_1.db could be your consolidated
4) You run a MobiLink server on your network (or on your desktop)
5) When the remote (CE device) has network coverage, or is cradled, you
   run dbmlsync.
   This will synchronize all the data in that database with the data in
   the ASA_1.db.

That is what synchronization is all about.

--
David Fishburn
NEW - Certified ASA Developer Version 8
iAnywhere Solutions - Sybase
Professional Services
Please only post to the newsgroup
Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD number with
EACH post (dbeng9 -v).

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

0
David

windows ME questions, questions, questions.......
Hi, my next PC will be running Windows ME. The PC will be supplied via my work, so there's no choice here for me (ME?) (I think I would have preferred 98 SE). The harddisk (40GB matrox) will have ME installed, and both the Windows ME set-up files and an image of the initial Harddisk 'on a hidden partition'. Word has it that this partition is not seen by Format nor FDisk. Is this really possible? No Windows CD will be supplied. Seems a new way of MS to encourage working with licensed software only. Anyone familiar with this way of distributing an OS? Will I be able to ...

Ultralite question
I am having a very strange problem. First I am new to ultralite - all my previous work has been done with ASA database. I have converted my code to use the ultralite specific objects for .net and have generated the ultralite schema file from an ASA database. I can create and connect to the database without any issues. I can also retrieve data from the database. The problem is I have to qualify all my column names with the table name. If I SELECT * from a table, into a .net data table, the column names that are stored have the table name . as a prefix. Is this normal for u...

Question about questions
Name: Edward Newill Email: ernewillatyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Question about questions Comments: Is there an email address that I can send a question too? I could not find one in the Service area of your site. I would like to know how I create signatures for my Thunderbird email? Best regards, E. Newill Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

i have the question about the ultralite
dear all : i use the ASA7.03 and evc i have the question about Synchronization and Ultralite. my boss want to get the newest information in the pda to use Synchronization. i want to use the "Timer" component to trigger Synchronization with Consolidated database. at the same time,the user will operate the application of the Ultralite ..maybe the user operate the udb file to search or increase the data by"select","insert" or "update" and so on. the .udb file is used the operations between Synchronization and the application. ca...

AppForge and UltraLite question
Hi everybody, I have a error in this tutorial program that I am writing. It's the tutorial to write Appforge Mobile VB application in Ultralite component suite 8.0.2. This is a visual basic 6 program that is connected to table customer and has a GUI form that has couple of textboxes that interacts with columns from this table. Table customer was created with ultralite schema painter, and the vb code is exactly how the tutorial is written, with the path changed according to my database path. The program makes a new .udb file after the first run. However, when I try to i...

Ultralite multithreading question
Subject:Ultralite multithreading question Date:10/05/2000 Author:jgugliemino <jgugliemino@my-deja.com> << previous � next >> I am looking at using Ultralite to run as part of an embedded system under VxWorks on a PowerPC. I've just been looking at the doc so far (no coding yet) and came across an important point. I read in the SQL Anywhere doc "UltraLite applications should not be created where multiple threads access the database simultaneously, as multi-threading is not supported" I'd like a quick clarification. Does this mean that I s...

Question about Ultralite Future
Hi, I�m a systems engineer from Caracas, Venezuela and I�m interested in getting involved in the hanheld world. Questions: 1. Is there any Visual Programming Language from powersoft (I hope powerbuilder) that is available for Windows CE?. 2. Is there an ODBC driver for the ultralite version and is easy to get? 3. If I use another programming language as a front-end with ultralite will be slower the performance. 4. Is there proven programming paths to follow an get involved faster in this environment? Thank you. See my answers below. -- ------------------...

UltraLite.NET Question
How many developers out there have used UltraLite.NET to build complex applications. I ask the question since I am finding that the incompatibility between the data layer of the UltraLite.NET and ADO.NET make development very difficult. The examples on codeXchange are a good start but do not lead to having real world application if you cannot get things like DataGrid TableStyles working. If anyone does have anything to pass along I would appreciate it. Also if there is a ADO.NET compliant version of UltraLite.NET on some iAnywhere engineer's desk that needs some good beta test...

Question UltraLite Support
Dear UltraLite Customer Support, I am interested whether the example in the tutorial C++ Ultralite can be compiled and linked with Embedded Visual C++ Ver. 4.2 ? If yes, which linker options should be applied ? Thank You Best regards Peter Teichert Peter Teichert wrote: > Dear UltraLite Customer Support, Note that these newsgroups are not an official channel into Tech Support. These newsgroups are monitored and answered by a variety of individuals on a *voluteer* basis, including customers, hobbyists (hackers) as well as iAnywhere employees. > I am i...

[QUESTION] this is a menu question ;-)
i'd like to know if it is possible to build dynamically a menu ? Let me explain : if i create as many menu items as i need, is it possible then to create a menu made of selected menu items. for example, i create three menu items : m_open m_save m_close then in one of my sheet, i just need m_open and m_close, is it possible to create, dynamically, a menu m_file which is made of m_open and m_close ? meaning that the Item property is not read-only... thanks a lot for any answer ! Guillaume MAISON Not a practical approach in PowerBuilder. You would be better off u...

MovileVB (Appforge) + Ultralite questions
Greetings, Appforge comes now bundled with the Ultralite technology from ianywhere, a subsidiary of Sybase. The latest Appforge package comes with a trial version of the MOBILINK SERVER, required to Sync data to/from a consolidated DB, however i've managed to get the Anywhere Studio 8.0.2 that fully supports integration with Mobile VB Applications and comes with a licensed Mobilink server. So far, i've read the help files and manuals in order to start the development of mobile apps with true relational DB access for the Palm PDAs and i've succesfully created a...

Palm Ultralite Efficiency question
I am using v8.0.2.4285 on Win 2000. I am building for PalmOS. I am upgrading a Palm Ultralite application to the current ASA version, and I am trying to optimize someof this old code. This code queries the Customer table for several different pieces of information. So there are 4 different select statements each fetching a different piece of information using the PK. It certainly seems like it would be more efficient to write one function that gets all columns give the PK and then just use the needed column. Replacing the 4 queries that each get 1 column. Is there any draw...

Ultralite multithreading question #2

Ultralite referential integrity question
Subject:Ultralite referential integrity question Date:10/05/2000 Author:jgugliemino <jgugliemino@my-deja.com> << previous � next >> I am looking at using Ultralite to run as part of an embedded system under VxWorks on a PowerPC. I've just been looking at the doc so far (no coding yet) and came across another question. I read in the SQL Anywhere doc that triggers and cascading updates/deletes are not supported in Ultralite. One of the main reasons we're looking at using a db instead of our internal structures/pointers is that we thought the db would ...

Web resources about - Ultralite Question - sybase.pocketpowerbuilder

NEC UltraLite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The product was originally developed by an NEC Japan telecommunications engineering team that was trying to make an inexpensive lightweight terminal ...

1992 GM Ultralite running concept car - YouTube
... the North American Auto Show in Detroit in January 1992, the centerpeace of the General Motors exhibit, the running fully functional GM Ultralite ...

The GM Ultralite — 1400 lbs, 100 MPG, and You Can’t Have It
... and far less well known than it should have been, and we all taste bitter regret at what could have been . This is the case with the GM Ultralite, ...

NEC debuts VersaPro UltraLite VB laptop, Mate MG all-in-one for Japan
Like your computers to be all-business and only available in Japan? Then you might want to take a gander at NEC's latest duo, which includes ...

New Freescale I.MX6 SoCs Include IoT-focused UltraLite
... including new DualPlus and QuadPlus parts featuring enhanced GPUs and expanded memory support, and a new low-end, IoT focused 528MHz UltraLite ...

Portlandia Meets Ad Agency Snobbery This one hits... - 2matts.com
Portlandia Meets Ad Agency Snobbery This one hits a little too close to home. [via: IFC]

Travelers Have Always Expected Suitcases to be Light and Strong - Adweek
Travelers have always expected suitcases to be light and strong

NEC – New business-oriented PC lineup – 12 types (28 models)
... 34.9mm slim body 15.6 inch laptop PC “Versa Pro Type VX” with USB 3.0 built-in and a super light (875g, 14.9mm thin) laptop PC “VersaPro UltraLite ...

BASE Jumping Articles

New Technology Running Shoes : Reebok RealFlex Run Men's
New technology running shoes like these Reebok RealFlex Run Men's "Give your feet the flexibility they deserve. RealFlex sensors work together ...