symbol scanner general question

Hi,

I have to discuss the device selection with
a customer and among others Symbol PPT8800
comes into question. Having read here much about
a symbol scanner object my question is if I
have to use this just in the case I need only
the possibility to scan pressing the scan hardkey
on the device and getting the scan result in
a single line edit or datawindow column?
Is there some special coding needed to use
the symbol scanner for this simple use case?

TIA

    Chris Werner

0
Chris
10/5/2004 12:07:40 PM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Symbol has a keyboard wedge driver that would send any scanned input into
the keyboard's buffer.  This would be a small executable that would run when
the handheld starts and would merely send the scanned input into any edit
control that has focus; just as if the user were to type in the barcode from
the keyboard.

The scanner object would allow you to manipulate the scanner hardware
directly from your application.

Bob

"Chris Werner" <cw[please_no_spam]@f-s.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have to discuss the device selection with
> a customer and among others Symbol PPT8800
> comes into question. Having read here much about
> a symbol scanner object my question is if I
> have to use this just in the case I need only
> the possibility to scan pressing the scan hardkey
> on the device and getting the scan result in
> a single line edit or datawindow column?
> Is there some special coding needed to use
> the symbol scanner for this simple use case?
>
> TIA
>
>    Chris Werner

0
Robert

General Hardware + PocketPowerBuilder Question...
Hi. My company is looking into porting our existing application (built in PB 9.0) and maybe some new apps developed using pocket powerbuilder. I was wondering if I could get a couple recommendations for some pda's/smartphones that would work well. Thanks for any help Jason; That really depends on what your PK applications would be doing. <jason grimes> wrote in message news:444fd50c.1e18.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi. My company is looking into porting our existing > application (built in PB 9.0) and maybe some new apps > developed using pocket powerbuil...

Symbol PPT-8800 Scanner Samples in PocketPowerBuilder
I get the Sample-Code for the Symbol PPT-8800 scanner from the Sybase-CodeExchange. I tried to extend this version but I meet a problem with the struct_info-Structure. How can I define the size of AllocatedBytes and UsedBytes? I tried to calculate these values myself but I didn't get the same result (cp. samle code): ============================================================================ function f_get_enabled_decoders() str_decoder_list l_strDecoderList l_strDecoderList.struct_info.AllocatedBytes = 268 l_strDecoderList.struct_info.UsedBytes = 8 ... global ...

automate form question and general http questions

anim_parrot_logo.imc: .include question + general imcc questions
Hello, While looking at Chromatic's anim_parrot_logo.imc (in examples/sdl), I was wondering why the includes weren't at the same place. Indeed, the source reads: ..sub _main _init() _MAIN() end ..end ..include "library/sdl_types.imc" ..pcc_sub _init prototyped .include "library/sdl.pasm" .pcc_begin_return .pcc_end_return ..end Why does: ..sub _main _init() _MAIN() end ..end ..include "library/sdl_types.imc" ..include "library/sdl.pasm" fails with: error:imcc:parse error, unexpec...

windows ME questions, questions, questions.......
Hi, my next PC will be running Windows ME. The PC will be supplied via my work, so there's no choice here for me (ME?) (I think I would have preferred 98 SE). The harddisk (40GB matrox) will have ME installed, and both the Windows ME set-up files and an image of the initial Harddisk 'on a hidden partition'. Word has it that this partition is not seen by Format nor FDisk. Is this really possible? No Windows CD will be supplied. Seems a new way of MS to encourage working with licensed software only. Anyone familiar with this way of distributing an OS? Will I be able to ...

General Questions
Whilst looking for a solution to a problem with desktops and Workstation Manager we came across iFolder and have a couple of questions. It would be iFolder 2.0, rather that 1.0 which comes with Netware6, and would be running on NW50SP6A with 2K clients. 1. Can multiple users pull updates from the same iFolder location. 2. Can we make the iFolder location read only for all except admins 3. Can we have more than one folder on the client to synchronise 4. If yes can these sync to different locations on the iFolder server and can these locations have different attributes ( i.e R,W,F,...

Symbol Scanners
I'm trying to scan an interleaved 2 of 5 barcode (length 24 with a check digit included) using my PocketBuilder app on a symbol MC9060G scanner (pocket pc platform). Using symbols' data wedge application I can configure the scanner to give a minimum and maximum length for interleaved 2 of 5 barcodes. Can I do this via PocketBuilder and my scanner object ? At the moment I can scan short I2of5 barcodes but not long ones. Thanks Anyone got any ideas on this ? It's REALLY holding me up. Thanks. > I'm trying to scan an interleaved 2 of 5 barcode (length >...

General Questions
Q: When I run the SQL in the PowerBuilder database administrator painter, it doesn't like the "%" character used by PowerDesigner for comments. How can I get around having to remove them each time I want to run the generated SQL in PowerBuilder? Q: When I run the SQL script generated by PowerDesigner, I get an error trying the following when using Domains: if exists(select 1 from sysdomain where domain_name='T_PHONE') then drop datatype T_PHONE end if; create datatype T_PHONE character varying(10) ; It says that T_PHONE was already ...

Symbol Scanner
Hello All, I have downloaded the scanning examples from Symbol and am trying out the simplescan demo application. We are using a handspring and CSM150 scanner. I am in the DecodeEvent. I only can show the 2nd half of the UPC code. The 1st half never appears. I need help in knowing what I am doing wrong. Is there any special configurations that need to be happened to have this work with Ultralite. The SetDlgItemText is a function that places the information into the field. extendedDataLength variable is set to 15, because that is the size of our database field, also the appli...

General Questions
hi all I am having trouble finding answer for the following questions if anyone knows any answers from these questions please do reply as soon as possible! thanks 1. What is the PFC Application Manager and how is used in PFC applications? And, describe the details of the relationship of the PowerBuilder Application Object to the PFC Application Manager. 2. Describe the steps required to create a MDI application using PFC from scratch in sequence and where appropriate indicate why the sequence is necessary. (At least, one complete sentence per step.) Where and how c...

General Questions
Hi Everyone, We are in the process of looking for a database system. We are looking for an alternitive to SQL Server Express or MSDE. I was wondering if you could give me info on the databases Sybase offers. I see of course the Adaptive Server Enterprise, but I beleive this may be over kill for our purpose. I'm looking for info on any limits the different products have such as max users/connections, max DB size, etc.. Even links to the info. Thanks for any info that you can share. Michael Lee http://www.sybase.com/products/informationmanagement is a good place to start <...

a question on the symbol
Hello, my $obj; my $h; foreach $h (@{ref($hosts) ? $hosts : [$hosts]}) { $obj = $type->SUPER::new( PeerAddr => ($host = $h), PeerPort => $arg{Port} || 'smtp(25)', LocalAddr => $arg{LocalAddr}, LocalPort => $arg{LocalPort}, Proto => 'tcp', Timeout => defined $arg{Timeout} ? $arg{Timeout} : 120 ) and last; } return undef unless defined $obj; $obj->autoflush(1); $obj->debug(exists $arg{Debug} ? $arg{Debug} : undef); unless ($obj->r...

General Questions..
Hello to All the moderators / Trusted advisor and everyone ! I am new born kid of this .NET block so as usual have to ask lots of things. I have good understanding of ASP and now want to migrate from ASP to ASP.NET. Would someone kind enough to clear my doubts.. 1) What is ASP.NET, VB.NET and C # ? This is my understanding so far about the above question.. In dot net, one need to use any of these programming language like C #, VB.NET. As like one use VBScript in ASP. I want more details... 2) How a new born baby should proceed in ASP.NET ?( Most important one) 3) What are...

General Question
This is a question I received from my customer: " we are unable to run volume or general file inventory reports on the cluster nodes. It either times out, or sits at a screen that doesn't progress." Does anyone know what we might be doing incorrectly? What might we be doing incorrectly, or should we be doing differently? Thank you -- dschaldenovell ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Oh yes, this again (not your fault) Okay, here's my GUESS and then my answer: I am guessing you're on OES2 SP3 with t...

Web resources about - symbol scanner general question - sybase.pocketpowerbuilder

Geraldton pilot pops question after mid-air drama and emergency paddock landing
Every engagement proposal needs a great story behind&nbsp;it, but a Geraldton couple may have set&nbsp;the limit with a mid-air engine drama ...

Mal Brough's fall raises questions about the Australian Federal Police's case
The special minister of state has paid a heavy price for his role in the seamy Ashby affair but the AFP is going back over ground that has been ...

Question of the Day: Most heinous act of badge engineering?
Filed under: Chrysler , Dodge , Misc. Automakers , Mitsubishi , Nissan , Suzuki , Automotive History When GM sold the Isuzu Faster pickup as ...

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ script reveals answers to our burning questions
One of the things many of us did this Christmas was see Star Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters. The first movie in the new Star Wars saga is ...

Put on the spot by a question at a town hall, Hillary Clinton calls what is happening to Christians in ...
A member of the audience asked (and I'm assuming this wasn't a plant): "Will you join those leaders, faith leaders and secular leaders and political ...

7 Questions for Those Who Claim Islam is "Just Another Religion"
Offered up by our long-suffering Summer Intern @BiffSpackle : Democrats, progressives, and other miscreants: please feel free to answer any or ...

No More GOP? The Democratic Party Will Welcome You, No Questions Asked
Tuesday morning I woke up at 4am. It was still dark so I reached for the channel changer and switched the TV on. It was Eugene Robinson, one ...

A big question everyone has about Kylo Ren is clearly answered in Disney's "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" ...
Proceed with caution, you must! There are TFA spoilers ahead. If you've seen "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," you've probably left with a few ...

Question #8 for 2016: How much will Residential Investment increase?
Over the weekend, I posted some questions for next year: Ten Economic Questions for 2016 . I'll try to add some thoughts, and maybe some predictions ...