socket library

I want to create a client application in PK 2.5 using Win CE5.0 on a
motorolar/symbol handheld.
The application has to communcate with a legacy server application using TCP
sockets.

Does anyone know where I can get the winsock.dll equivalent for Win CE 5.0?
Does anyone have experience or better yet a working example of how to call
the CE version of winsock to create a TCP connection via a socket and then
send and receive data to and from a server process?

thanks in advance

0
John
6/6/2008 9:31:30 AM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Extending the sockets library
Hi folks, I was inspired by Ksplice's recent article on traceroute [1] to write my own traceroute in Perl 6 - but came upon problems in that the current socket library does not seem to be complete enough. I'd love to submit some patches for this, but after briefly discussing this with pmichaud in #perl6 [2] it sounds like I should ask here first for a little bit of guidance. My current plan is to extend Parrot with the necessary functions (I've done getprotobyname to get my feet wet so far, but there are others such as setsockopt that need to be added) and then...

Powerbuilder Socket Library
Can anyone point me towards a reliable powerbuilder library for direct socket programming? Thanks Hi ! There is an FTP example in PB6.5 Luck ! "MissionSoft Inc." wrote: > Can anyone point me towards a reliable powerbuilder library for direct socket programming? Thanks -- Sincerelly, Vladimir M. Bogak, ------------------ ICQ : 26391985 Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/5889/ Phones : +380-62-334-1489, 335-0476 (work), +380-62-335-1305 (home) Try PowerTCP from DART Communications - Excellent collection of Actice-X controls that work...

Socket descriptor in DB-Library
Is it possible to obtain socket/file descriptor of the connection established by dbopen() in DB-Library. This can be easily done in CT-Library by calling ct_con_props(), but unfortunately I can not use CT-Library. ...

Issues with FreeCode Socket Library
Hello, I have been using the socket library often referenced in this group for about a week on a new program which talks to another company's system. Their API, such as it is, consists of three calls made to it over a socket communication where the request is terminated with a single character with a binary value of one. They then stream the result back and terminate with the same character. Initially everything was fine but I have recently run into the problem where my program does not get all the data from the sending system. When I call the of_recv method the data le...

DB-Library Error #20008 Unable to open Socket
Get this message when sysprocesses in the system reach @310. Increased user connections but still getting message. Is there a parameter in Open Client that needs increasing?? Hello, Look at the dbsetmaxprocs() and dbgetmaxprocs() functions. Nick wrote: > Get this message when sysprocesses in the system reach @310. > Increased user connections but still getting message. Is > there a parameter in Open Client that needs increasing?? > Hello, > > Look at the dbsetmaxprocs() and dbgetmaxprocs() functions. > > Nick wrote: > > Get this message whe...

Can anybody suggest me a good Socket development Library.??
Dear friends, I wanted to do network ( internet and Intranet) programming using sockets. Can anyone suggest me a good socket development library, which is easier to use , instead of direct Winsock programming. It library should be convinient for use with both VC++ and Visual basic. I understand that Winsock calls can be used. But i believe it is tough to learn. What i am asking is a wrapper ( sort of ) library. I have come across catalyst socket wrench. But it seems to be very very expensive.. Are there any other alternatives..?? Also any links on this topic will be highly appreciate...

BigSpeed Secure Socket Library 1.0 Released!
ActiveX control for secure private networking with 128-bit AES encryption and on-the-fly compression. Implements a flexible message-oriented protocol on top of a single TCP connection. Information is exchanged through typed data packets identified by a command code. Utilizes an elegant event-driven paradigm for easy integration into Windows applications. Can be used both on client and server side, with centralized management of all connections. More info: http://www.bigspeed.net/index.php?page=bssocklib...

Socket to Socket example needed
Does anyone have any configuration examples of how to set up a socket to socket connection. I would appeciate any examples or help anyone can offer. Thanks. Rob McGinness Rutland Regional Medical Center 802-747-6526 rmcginness@rrmc.org I guess that you talk about one AIM module that drives two socket conections. If you try to build such module, you must create two protocol objects within the project. Each protocol object can control its own related objects (frame, port, open, close, etc.) > Does anyone have any configuration examples of how to set > up a socket to socke...

DB Library or CT Library
I have written etensive code using the Open Client DB-Library API. I have been told by a co-worker that this library is outdated and that I should modify my code so that it uses the CT-Library API. My code works fine under ASE 12.0 so I know it supports the DB-Lib API. Should I move my code to CT-Lib? robert_c_gaither@mail.northgrum.com wrote: > > I have written etensive code using the Open Client DB-Library API. I have > been told by a co-worker that this library is outdated and that I should > modify my code so that it uses the CT-Library API. My code works fine u...

ext/Socket/Socket.xs
In Socket.xs do I take it that this if (strEQ(name, "MSG_CTRUNC")) #if defined(MSG_TRUNC) || defined(HAS_MSG_CTRUNC) /* might be an enum */ return MSG_CTRUNC; #else goto not_there; #endif should be MSG_CTRUNC? As in: #if defined(MSG_CTRUNC) || defined(HAS_MSG_CTRUNC) /* might be an enum */ Secondly, Socket.pm EXPORTs MSG_URG, but there is no code to generate it in Socket.xs. Was this an oversight somewhere? Nicholas Clark On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 03:03:46PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote: > In Socket.xs do I take it that this > > if (strEQ(...

Socket
Dear The Expert, Where can I find complete articles for implementing windows socket in ASP.NET? TIA Winan...

socket
perlipc doc has sample for doing a socket: use IO::Socket; $remote = IO::Socket::INET->new( Proto => "tcp", PeerAddr => "localhost", PeerPort => "daytime(13)", ) or die "cannot connect to daytime port at localhost"; while ( <$remote> ) { print } but it dies for me. i see 'daytime' in /etc/services at port 13. osx 10.1.3 perl 5.6.1 Just because something's in services, doesn't mean it's running. Services indicates "names" for port numbers, e.g., &quo...

socket
Hola, qualcuno sa dirmi perch�: #!/usr/bin/perl use IO::Socket; #use diagnostics; my $host=$ARGV[0]; if(!$host){ die"...host???\n"; } $|=1; $socket=IO::Socket::INET->new(PeerAddr =>$host, PeerPort=>80, Proto=>"TCP") || die"$!\n"; print $socket "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"; while(<$socket>){ print"$_\n"; } close($socket); FUNZIONA (scrivi e leggo dal socket),mentre al contrario: #!/usr/bin/perl use Socket; #use diagnostics; my $host=$ARGV[0]; if(!$host){ die"...host???\n"...

SOCKET
Hi all!!! Can any body help me with some information or docs about Sockets with Power Builder. I'm Working with PB 6.5, but if you have an example in PB 7 I can use it. Now I'm waiting for your help. :-) If you mean three-tier apps, pb has it's own communication objects (transport, connection). If you need something more than that you can use third-party libraries as OLE objects, because you can't work from pob directly with wsock32.dll. <CARRADINE> wrote in message news:1111D847FE7E5A290058E38C85256C75.0058E3D185256C75@webforums... > Hi all!...

Web resources about - socket library - sybase.pocketpowerbuilder

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library's collection can include books , periodicals , newspapers , manuscripts , films , maps , prints , documents , microform , CDs , cassettes ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

State Library gets creative after visitor numbers drop - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE State Library is turning itself “inside out” and taking its collection to the people, as it becomes increasingly difficult to lure the public ...

Pair allegedly stole $57,000 of brass from National Library of Australia
More than $57,000 worth of brass was stolen from the National Library of Australia in an early morning caper last year, a court has heard.

Apple raises iTunes Match iCloud Music Library limit to 100k songs, up from 25k
As promised by Eddy Cue earlier in the year , Apple has now raised the limits on iTunes Match and Apple Music library for matched songs from ...

This Law School Wants Students To Stop Sobbing In The Library
This law school wants students to stop acting like babies after all, crying can get pretty noisy.

Amazon’s ComiXology now lets you read comics from your Kindle library
... signature cinematic Guided View experience. Note that after merging, only the comics, graphics novels, and manga in your Kindle library will ...

Forevery – An iOS App For Searching Your Photo Library
... understand the images and videos on their service, has released an iOS app called Forevery which allows you to search your iPhone photo library. ...

"Librarians in Japan upset after newspaper published names of books that novelist Haruki Murakami checked ...
... , where somebody says: This reminds me so much of that scene in Se7en where Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt gain access to John Doe's library check-out ...