PowerBuilder.NET

What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ?

Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ??

Nestor
10/31/2004 11:05:31 AM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You should ask this over in the powerbuilder.future_directions
section, not a PocketBuilder section.

On 31 Oct 2004 04:05:31 -0700, "Nestor" <nesfree@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ?
>
>Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ??
>
>Thanks

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

NOTE:

If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
*not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
to them from there.

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce

Some plan for a .NET Pocket Powerbuilder? And for a .NET Compact DataWindow?
Jim O'Neal of Team Sybase respond to my request on DW.Net newsgroup that there is no plan for DataWindow.Net for Compact .Net Framework. Datawindow.Net is still unmanaged code and .Net Compact Framwork does not support unmanaged code. PocketPowerBuilder is for Pocket PC. I woner why would I care for its .Net version! Datawindow (not DW.Net) of Pocket PB works on Pocket PC with Pocket PowerBuilder. Regards. ...

Sample program using powerbuilder .net and asp.net
Hai, I am beginner in pb.net . So please can you provide me a sample program using powerbuilder web application with asp.net. with thanks and regards POLACHAN PAILY ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Part of the point of WebForms (and WinForms) is that you can deploy any application to these targets without recoding. So, for a sample app, take any sample that comes with PB. <g> No special coding required. Of course, you have to make sure your app isn't dependent on unsupported features. Good...

Powerbuilder or .Net
I have an old application that was written in Power++ (C++ tool with datawindows) It appears that the newer versions of Sybase SQL Anywhere may not be compatable with this old datawindow. The question is if i need to replace this application would it be better to use .NET or Powerbuilder. I know C++ and have never used Powerbuilder. My application uses several hundred datawindows so I was guessing that Powerbuilder may be an easier port. How difficult is it to learn Powerbuilder? Thanks TPS Option #1... Look at Datawindow.Net to port datawindows into a C# Framework. Datawin...

PowerBuilder . NET
What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? Thanks Nestor wrote: > What is the meaning of the .NET Compiler under PB ? > > Is going to be a generation of MSIL or C# code ?? > > Thanks > > MSIL. -- Roy It means I will be able to use assemblies written in any MSIL compliant language in PB and vice versa? Leon Habinsky. "Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in message news:41855a69$1@forums-2-dub... > Nestor wrote: > > ...

PowerBuilder.Net
I have mentioned this idea a couple of times but have not heard from any Sybase employees. I think that instead of spending a bunch of time and money adding .Net deployment to PowerBuilder they should instead create a brand new product called PowerBuilder.Net. PowerBuilder.Net would be a native .Net language that combined the best features of PowerBuilder ( DataWindow, the way inheritance works, etc ) with the .Net framework. Being able to reuse existing PB code in the new product isn't as important as being able to reuse developer knowledge. Allot of companies are c...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Powerbuilder -- .NET Assembly
All, I have been struggling with PBNI on a project and am wondering if there might be an easier way to solve my problem. In the past our PB apps used DDE to receive instructions (mostly logon/logoff). We are required to use a different method of communication and one of them is an ActiveXControlLib.dll (a .Net assembly generated from a an ActiveX control). In C# communication with this dll is quite simple but for the life of me I am stuck as to how it can be done in Powerbuilder short of using PBNI (I know next to nothing about C++). Do I have any other options? Thanks muc...

Moving to .NET from PowerBuilder
All, I just read Sean Flynn's whitepaper (title = Subject), and I wondered what the reaction was from the PowerBuilder faithful. There are a few point I might quibble with (I'm very good at quibbling <g>), but I would say this is a very realistic and accurate assessment of PowerBuilder versus Augmented (by framework) .NET development capabilities. So rather than scuffling in the thread "Using PB 11 Dot Net components", or requesting features one at a time... would it not be more appropriate to address the big picture? Individual features (many of wh...

Javascript for PowerBuilder.NET
Hi I am using PowerBuilder 11 .NET I want to know What is the equivalent for dw_1.SetItem & dw_1.GetItem in JavaScripti have dw_1 that has 3 columns and 4 rows___________________________________________                  dw_1___________________________________________        COL_1     COL_2     COL_3ROW 1 :   2         4         AROW 2 :&nb...

Powerbuilder .Net compatibility
I am notsure if I am in the correct newsgroup. I have heard that PB11 is .Net compatible. What does that mean? We have an application uild in PB 9, how difficult is the conversion to PB11? Can an application converted from PB9 to PB11 be opened in Visual Studio? If the application is opened in Visual Studio, wll this look like C# to a C# developer and PB developer? What would the same program look like when open with PB developer tools? PowerBuilder 11 can compile your existing PowerBuilder applications to ..NET assemblies (as Windows Form, Web Forms, standalone assemblies, or Web S...

.NET PowerBuilder Support
When does Sybase plan to support .NET objects in PowerBuilder? We already use PowerBuilder 7 to create COM objects and have successfully deployed them on MTS and called the COM object functions from ASP pages. As a software vendor of library information systems our clients aren't interested in purchasing Jaguar when they can run our web applications on Microsoft's IIS/MTS for free. We are planning for the next generation of our web products and have a dilemma. We have already invested 5 years into writting PowerBuilder C/S Windows and ASP/PB COM web applications. I...

PowerBuilder 11.Net
All; FYI ... Looks like the latest release of PB 11 seems to finally work with PowerDesigner 12.x (12.1 in my case) instead of only PD 10.x. This should make Dave Dichmann happy <lol>! So for you adventuresome testers out there with PB 11 and PD 12.x, please try and make some QA time to test drive this new symbiotic relationship <bg>. If you do not have PB 11.Net but would like to join the PB 11.Net Beta program, please follow this link: http://response.sybase.com/forms/ITSG06MayPowerBuilder110Beta Regards .. Chris Thanks for the update!!! I kno...

.NET Developing and Powerbuilder
Hi all I think I am gona be crazy, all are asking for .Net developers, Skills, I want someone to put some spots on what is .Net developing and How Powerbuilder can help develop such skills, and if I can use my PB skills into that field or I have to go else where Thanks in advance ------------------------------------------------------- Waleed Seada ------------------------------------------------------- I just spent a week trying to compare PowerBuilder to .NET. There's a few recent posts in the general newsgroup you can look at. Basically, though, ..NET is a collec...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder.NET - sybase.pocketpowerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles