Declaring a variable as global

How do I declare a variable that is made available to all forms please

I cannot see an example in the help files

Cheers

SteveW

0
SteveW
8/16/2007 1:24:41 PM
sybase.pocketpowerbuilder 3097 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In the declaration tab, in the top middle of the window there will be
another pull down. Here you can specify global variables (as well as
instance variables.)

HTH,
chance.

"SteveW" <Stevewarby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> How do I declare a variable that is made available to all forms please
>
> I cannot see an example in the help files
>
> Cheers
>
> SteveW

0
chance

Declaring Global Variables and Global External Function By PowerScript
Does anyone can tell me, can I declare the global external function / global Variables by PowerScript ( such as, within the application's open event ), not in 'declare painter' ??? Thanks Samkola No. They need to be declared within the Global Variables painter. Ron Gallagher, CPDP Atlanta, GA rongallagher@mindspring.com samkola wrote in message <01beee19$8715d2a0$2d01a8c0@testing>... >Does anyone can tell me, can I declare the global external function / >global Variables by PowerScript ( such as, within the application's open >event ), not i...

Quickie question: Declaring a global-level variable with Global.asax
My instructor told me it might be best to create an SQL connection in global.asax instead of making new connections for every form I create. However, when I declare the variable in Session_Start, it still doesn't see the variable on the other form I have. Obviously there is something I'm not getting here. So my question might sound trite, but I simply need to create an SQL connection variable that can be accessed from any of my .aspx pages. Any takers? Your professor does not understand ASP.NET and connection pooling. Creating a single connection in Global.asax and using it on ...

Where can we declare global variables in Global file in asp.net and how to use ??
Where can we declare global variables in Global file in asp.net  C#.netand how to use ??thaxhttp://developersaspdotnet.blogspot.com/ If you want to have them available for the life of the asp.net web server, you can store them in the applicaiton colleciton Application["MyVar1"] = "This Hangs On Until the Server Resets"; HTH's.Peter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET plz make me clear how we can use session in protected void Application_BeginRequest(object sender, EventArgs e) {} event in global file t...

Global Variables vs. instance variables declared at application object level
There is only one application object instance during the application runtime that is instantiated at the start along with the global variables, so I am looking for what are the major differences, advantages , and disadvantages between Global Variables and instance variables declared for the application object. Thanks I've wondered also about the application instance variables. I think the difference with global vars is very subtle. Maybe too subtle to be of any use. Anyway, you shouldn't be using either one of them :-) Geert 'Darling' Van Damme Moh...

Declaring Global Variables
Where do I declare a global variable now? I can't find the page class (where I used to place things like PUBLIC/SHARED myVariable as Integer=0 I am trying to do some basic stuff, but everytime my page loads it redims my variables... -Taking a long walk off of a short peer...C# or VB it's all the same to me.Carolus HolmanTurner Corporation To avoid loosing data on page reloads use viewstate I'm afraid this post is in VB not in C# but, take a look on this post http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=592165 For more information about the use of viewstate ...

declaring global variables
Partial Class _Default    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Private nvers As Integer    Private nid As Integer    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load        If Not IsPostBack Then             nid = 0        End If    End Sub     Protected Sub NewVer_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles NewVer...

global variable declaration
I am using VS 2005. Could you please let me know where should I declare the global variable so that I can access it's value accrross the site.   Thanks   If your looking for a "global" variable, then inside a class, you'd put a variable outside of any subs or functions Public Class TestingClass Dim MyString as String I caution you though, that global variables like this will be shared across all users of your site.  So if one user sets the variable to something specific, it will be set for another user already - your going to run into huge concurancy issues.  It's...

global declaration of variables
Hi all, As i'm new to asp.net,kindly help me in the following problem. I want to declare a global variable to make use of it in mutliple webforms. Currently i declared in global.asax file at Sub Session_Start. Is this the standard way of declaring a global variable. Please advice. Thanks in advance, ragyari. Hello, Unique to the user? Use a session variable. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Right, or a truly...

How and where to declare a global variable??
hi.. i am doing a project for my final year.. but i am stuck.. pls help... i am using .NET and have a lot of webforms.. i wan to store txtID.TEXT (which is an integer)in log in page into a variable so that after it log in and goes to another webform, i can use the txtID.Text from the login webform to retrieve the data from my data base.. how am i going to go about doing it?? please help.. where sld i declare the global variable and how?? izzit Public ID as Integer??? thank you.. Probably the best place would be in the session, as this is specific to the user browser so each...

Declaration of global variable!
Hi where to declare global variable in VB using ASP.NET 2.0 Hi,You can use session as global variable. Just assign values in session and retrieve where u need.session("myValue") = "Your Value" Dim s as Strings =  session("myValue") Mehedi HasanMark as answer if the post meets your requirement!   abdulmg:global variable in VB using ASP.NET 2.0its better to use Session Objects for Global Variables...you can define Global Variables in Session as...Session["MyData"] = dsDataSet //....dsDataSet is a DataSet...Session["CurrentUse...

how/where to declare global variables?
like how we use Modules in VB6 and Excel VBA? i.e. just create a module and declare variables or make Subs there for all of the forms to use. How is this done with asp.net 2.0?thanks in advance  You can use global.asax file for that. im a newb.  so global.asax is like this: Sub Application_Start(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) ' Code that runs on application startup 'lets say i do the following code, how do i access them in my aspx pages? Dim MyGlobalVariable as String MyGlobalVariable = "This is my global variable"   End Sub   Sub Application_...

Declareing Global variable
Hi, I want to declare a global variable in vb.net and want to use the variable in the whole web application.... Can any body give idea with example..   regards, Suryansu The concept of a global variable is different in web apps since web apps are stateless.  You can not simply declare a variable at the top of your module and have it persist between calls.If you are saying you want the value available to all users of the app, store it in the Application object.  If it is global for each user individually, store it in the Session object. kp0 - Please: Don't forget to...

declaring a global variable
Hello!   How do you declare a global variable in dot net 2005.    Kind regardssaxenaharsh if u mean global respect to your page/class u can declare it just after class opening if u want something shared in all pages u can use session variables.Contact me on Skype Please notice where you have to declare your global variable:Partial Class _Default    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Protected myGlobalVar As Integer    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load    E...

Declaring a global variable
How does one go about declaring a global variable?   You don't. Not that it's impossible, but it's a thing mostly used in non object oriented architectures, and it's usually not suitable. The closest thing is to declare a static member on a classpublic class SomeClass{   public static string SomeValue="The Value";} which will then be accessible as SomeClass.SomeValue -- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you --  you can define global variables with Static keyword in C# within a class as..Public Static String strCurru...

Web resources about - Declaring a variable as global - sybase.pocketpowerbuilder

Greta Van Susteren Takes Down Dem Candidate Mike Dickinson For Declaring 'War' on Fox News - YouTube
A Democratic congressional candidate who has promised "war" on Fox News, the Tea Party, the NRA and "other trash" went On the Record with Greta ...

Yvette Berry sets the bar high on declaring gifts but others not so diligent
Labor's newest minister Yvette Berry is setting the bar high on declaring gifts, filling out the paperwork for gifts worth as little as $10. ...

Man Haron Monis ordered chocolate cake and a cup of tea before declaring, 'I have a bomb', inquest hears ...
At first, he appeared to be just another person wandering through Martin Place on a sunny Monday morning.

Eddie Hayson: How one of Australia’s biggest punters lost a $52 million bet — declaring himself insolvent ...
BROTHEL owner Eddie Hayson is on the brink of bankruptcy after declaring himself insolvent with $52 million in debts.

Is Netflix declaring war on geo-dodgers?
Australians' access to US Netflix could soon be cut off, with streaming giant reportedly blocking use of some bypass tools.

Paris attacks: Declaring 'war' risks handing Islamic State credibility
The language of &quot;war&quot; following the Paris attacks risks granting unintended credibility to Islamic State terrorists, legal scholars ...

Shorten's delay in declaring
OPPOSITION Leader Bill Shorten failed to declare tens of thousands of dollars in political donations he received in the lead-up to the 2007 election ...

Devo enter blue period after cold war, declaring devolution a done deal
Devo enter blue period after cold war, declaring devolution a done deal

Daniel Morcombe murder: Judge stopped short of declaring mistrial twice
During Brett Cowan's five-week trial for the murder of Daniel Morcombe, the case came close to falling over twice.

'Lost Canadians' petition seeks declaring world wars dead as Canadian citizens - CTV News
When tribute is paid on Remembrance Day to the soldiers, sailors and flyers killed in the service of Canada during two world wars, Canadians ...