Open Client 15 can't connect to ASE 11.5 database

This sql.ini file works fine on a Mac with the 11.5 Open
Client but does not work on a Windows Open Client 15. Can't
connect or ping. Can IP ping the server from the PC. Any
idea what's wrong?
[SYBASE]
master=TCP,dbserver,1025
query=TCP,dbserver,1025
0
Paul
10/6/2006 4:58:29 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--------------050303060501040109050708

Paul,

Try  NLWNSCK instead of  TCP in below strings.

HTH,
Eugene
Paul Williams wrote:

>This sql.ini file works fine on a Mac with the 11.5 Open
>Client but does not work on a Windows Open Client 15. Can't
>connect or ping. Can IP ping the server from the PC. Any
>idea what's wrong?
>[SYBASE]
>master=TCP,dbserver,1025
>query=TCP,dbserver,1025

--------------050303060501040109050708

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Paul,<br>
Try&nbsp; NLWNSCK instead of&nbsp; TCP in below strings.<br>
HTH,<br>
Eugene<br>
Paul Williams wrote:
  <pre wrap="">This sql.ini file works fine on a Mac with the 11.5 Open
Client but does not work on a Windows Open Client 15. Can't
connect or ping. Can IP ping the server from the PC. Any
idea what's wrong?
[SYBASE]
master=TCP,dbserver,1025
query=TCP,dbserver,1025
  </pre>

--------------050303060501040109050708--
0
Eugene
10/6/2006 8:14:07 PM
On 6 Oct 2006 09:58:29 -0700, Paul Williams wrote:

Those entries should work fine.  You say you can IP ping the server
from the PC.  You should be able to telnet <hostname> <port> and get
connected. (of course you cannot do telnet operations because the
server is not a telnet host).

so does "telnet dbserver 1025" get you connected? If so then double
check that the %sybase% and %sybase_ocs% are correct and the the dll's
for isql are in the path.

isql -v should return the 15.0 version and the dlls for libsybct.dll
etc. should be in your %path%.

Jay

>This sql.ini file works fine on a Mac with the 11.5 Open
>Client but does not work on a Windows Open Client 15. Can't
>connect or ping. Can IP ping the server from the PC. Any
>idea what's wrong?
>[SYBASE]
>master=TCP,dbserver,1025
>query=TCP,dbserver,1025

0
jtotally_bogus
10/9/2006 7:56:52 PM
Sorry for my slow response. I've been out of the office.
Telnet connection fails.

> On 6 Oct 2006 09:58:29 -0700, Paul Williams wrote:
>
> Those entries should work fine.  You say you can IP ping
> the server from the PC.  You should be able to telnet
> <hostname> <port> and get connected. (of course you cannot
> do telnet operations because the server is not a telnet
> host).
>
> so does "telnet dbserver 1025" get you connected? If so
> then double check that the %sybase% and %sybase_ocs% are
> correct and the the dll's for isql are in the path.
>
> isql -v should return the 15.0 version and the dlls for
> libsybct.dll etc. should be in your %path%.
>
> Jay
>
> >This sql.ini file works fine on a Mac with the 11.5 Open
> >Client but does not work on a Windows Open Client 15.
> Can't >connect or ping. Can IP ping the server from the
> PC. Any >idea what's wrong?
> >[SYBASE]
> >master=TCP,dbserver,1025
> >query=TCP,dbserver,1025

0
Paul
10/16/2006 4:20:59 PM
Sorry for my slow response. I've been out of the office.
NLWNSCK did not work.

> Paul,
>
> Try  NLWNSCK instead of  TCP in below strings.
>
> HTH,
> Eugene
> Paul Williams wrote:
>
> >This sql.ini file works fine on a Mac with the 11.5 Open
> >Client but does not work on a Windows Open Client 15.
> Can't >connect or ping. Can IP ping the server from the
> PC. Any >idea what's wrong?
> >[SYBASE]
> >master=TCP,dbserver,1025
> >query=TCP,dbserver,1025

0
Paul
10/16/2006 4:21:47 PM
Hello,

If the "telnet" test fails, that indicates that there is
no connectivity between your PC and the server on which
ASE is installed.  Or, that the host name "xyz" is
incorrect.  Or, that the port you have specified is incorrect.

Until you resolve the basic connectivity issue preventing
the "telnet" test from working, you will be unable to use
any of the Sybase client utilities.

I would suggest working with your network administrator
to determine if the host name is correct and that it is
resolving to the correct IP address.  Also, your network
administrator should be able to assist with any firewall
issues.

Thanks,
   Neal
0
Neal
10/16/2006 5:00:47 PM
The server has 3 IP addresses, Sybase was only listening on
one of them.
Thanks for the help.
paul

> Hello,
>
> If the "telnet" test fails, that indicates that there is
> no connectivity between your PC and the server on which
> ASE is installed.  Or, that the host name "xyz" is
> incorrect.  Or, that the port you have specified is
> incorrect.
>
> Until you resolve the basic connectivity issue preventing
> the "telnet" test from working, you will be unable to use
> any of the Sybase client utilities.
>
> I would suggest working with your network administrator
> to determine if the host name is correct and that it is
> resolving to the correct IP address.  Also, your network
> administrator should be able to assist with any firewall
> issues.
>
> Thanks,
>    Neal
0
Paul

Can't connect to ASE 15.0 because of Open Client errors
I am trying to connect to an ASE 15.0 server from my Windows Vista x64 machine and not succeeding. It seems every method I try fails (except JDBC which is working) with errors relating to Open Client. When I try to connect using DSEDIT it comes up with an "Unable to determine Net-Library error" even though the server is up and I have defined all the necessary environment variables. When I try to connect through PowerBuilder 10.5 I get "Error loading client library DLLs". What could be wrong? Is it that Open Client doesn't work on 64-bit systems? -- And...

connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client 11.1.1
hi folks: i need help with an open client/server issue. our system administrator upgraded our development host to HP-UX 11 and now .. i'm having trouble connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client/server. we are using open client 11.1.1. this error was generated trying to run bcp against our development box from another host: CTLIB Message: - L5/O3/S5/N4/5/0: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed Establishing connection failed. attempts to connect from powerbuilder and dbartisan...

Can't connect to server because of Open Client errors
I am trying to connect to an ASE 15.0 server from my Windows Vista x64 machine and not succeeding. It seems every method I try fails (except JDBC which is working) with errors relating to Open Client. When I try to connect using DSEDIT it comes up with an "Unable to determine Net-Library error" even though the server is up and I have defined all the necessary environment variables. When I try to connect through PowerBuilder 10.5 I get "Error loading client library DLLs". What could be wrong? Is it that Open Client doesn't work on 64-bit systems? --...

Using Open client 12.5 to connect to ASE 15
Hi All, I have a requirement to use open client 12.5 to connect to Sybase ASE 15 and just wanted to check whether anyone has encountered any issues while working with above settings? Thanks, Lasanka On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:48:31 -0700, Lasanka wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a requirement to use open client 12.5 to connect to > Sybase ASE 15 and just wanted to check whether anyone has > encountered any issues while working with above settings? This should work fine. The only issue is that the 12.5 client won't be able to use the new datatypes (such as BI...

open client client library/c samples on win95 can't work,help!!!!!!
the samples have come through the compile and link phrases. but it has swamped into infinite loop when function ct_connect() executes.env:win95+open client 10.0+vc6.0 server:sybase 10.0+sco unix many thanks ...

Connect to ASA 7 with ASE open client 11.5 or 12
Is it possible to connect to ASA 7 with ASE open client version 11.5 or 12 instead of using odbc ? -Rex- Yes, ASA can communicate via the Open Client architecture. Scott Kruer Senior Consultant Certified ASA Developer Version 8 Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup "Rex Chivers" <rw<nospam>chivers@tecoenergy.com> wrote in news:eLEFAmLPCHA.77@forums.sybase.com: > Is it possible to connect to ASA 7 with ASE open client version 11.5 > or 12 instead of using odbc ? > > -Rex- > >...

6.5.6 Client
We just updated the clients to 6.5.6 (May 22, 2007) to fix the vulerability issues and have found an issue with the client. Links inside email messages no longer open. Has anybody else seen this yet? Yes, it's a known issue. "Lisa" <lisa.rossiter@ci.bothell.wa.us> wrote in message news:nxV9i.12095$Gp4.244@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > We just updated the clients to 6.5.6 (May 22, 2007) to fix the > vulerability issues and have found an issue with the client. Links inside > email messages no longer open. Has anybody else seen this yet? >...

X client 'Can't open display' on OS11
I'm having a difficult time getting a remote x client to display on my machine. I have an xserver running locally, and connect via ssh. I turned on X11 forwarding in remote host sshd_config: X11Forwarding yes X11DisplayOffset 10 X11UseLocalhost yes I set the local ssh(OpenSSH) connection for X11 Forwarding. An X server, Xming, is running locally. X on the remote host is running without listening on port 6000: # ps -ef |grep X root 1940 1924 0 Aug20 tty7 00:34:30 /usr/bin/X :0 -audit 0 -br -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth -nolisten tcp vt7 netstat -an |grep 6...

open client client library/c samples on win95 can't work,help!!!!!! #2
the samples have come through the compile and link phrases. but it has swamped into infinite loop when function ct_connect() executes.env:win95+open client 10.0+vc6.0 server:sybase 10.0+sco unix many thanks ...

Open Client 12.5 with ASE 11.5
Hi, We have an issue where we can't upgrade our database to a later version of ASE due to vendor support, but our XP rollout is forcing us down the 12.5 Open Client route. Does anyone know of any issues running 12.5 Open Client on XP against an 11.5 database on AIX? I'm figuring that Sybase haven't certified this combination! On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:02:34 -0700, jdudley wrote: > Hi, > > We have an issue where we can't upgrade our database to a later version of > ASE due to vendor support, but our XP rollout is forcing us down the 12.5 > Open...

Can't open site and can't open in safe mode anymore?
FF 4, Win 7 Prof can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome. I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How does one do that now? Thanks Louise On 4/3/2011 5:11 PM, louise wrote: > FF 4, Win 7 Prof > > can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome. > > I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How > does one do that now? > > Thanks > > Louise found safe mode and disabled all my add-ons. The site, bose.com, still do...

How Can I connect to ASE 2 version (11.5/15.0) in the same time same client in Power builder?
Hi all, I have 1 machine,let's say Client A, that I can connect to both version in the same client,same machine,same power builder windows. But When I have to config another client(Client B) to use like the upper one,I cannot .I don't know why. It always say that Unable to intialize client library context. eg. If I set windows ENV to sybase ver 15.0 , I cannot connect to ASE 11.5. But if I connect to ASE15.0 first,then connect to ASE11.5.It will succeed in connection to ASE11.5. In another words,If I set windows ENV to sybase ver 11.5 the connect to ASE15.0 in PB it will s...

can't open client
We have one user that can't open her GW client. Every time she logs in, it immediately says grpwise.exe has caused an error and needs to close, and then it closes. It does this no matter what PC we try to login. We can access the mailbox thru WebAccess but just not the PC client. There is no error that shows on the POA. I have run gwcheck with analyze/fix contents and structure, I have run a structural rebuild and I also ran it to reset the client options. Nothing has worked to fix it. We are running 7.0.2HP1a. Any suggestions? Tina Tina, if the user has ...

can't perform dumps
I'm trying to learn how to do database dumps and backups with Sybase 11.9.2-1 on Linux. Everytime I run: 'dump database master to "/dev/st0"', I get error 7205, 'Can't open a connection to site SYB_BACKUP. See the error log file in the SQL Server boot directory.' Is there an easy explanation as to why this isn't working? I've just started working with Sybase and thought I was following the dump instructions per the book, but they don't seem to work. Any suggestions? Thanks, winnerd@home.com Hi, Error 7205 could be give...

Web resources about - Open Client 15 can't connect to ASE 11.5 database - sybase.open-client