Client SQLANYWHERE

How can i make a connection with a client and a server database with
sqlanywhere
regards

0
Boubker
5/13/1998 6:00:31 PM
sybase.open-client 2017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MASP client/Open Client
We are using Oracle 8x as our db. Our datawindow selects and updates are completed via stored procs. Does this make them a jag MASP client - If so, if we switch from using the Oracle native drivers to ODBC - do we have to configure Open Client? (there is a bit of a write up about this on p. 48 of Installation Guide sent with PB 7 but I don't know if it applies to non-sybase dbs) -- Jenine Serviolo 757.865.8440 x116 MASP refers to the way the client talks to Jaguar, it has nothing to do with database access that the server or components may make. You need Open Clie...

Open Client installation at remote clients
We're running ASE 11.9 with clients using a Power Builder app. The clients are geographically dispersed (up to about 1,000 miles away), so we'd like to automate the distribution and installation of Open Client. I'm sure this is a situation that comes up often, so I wanted to see what soluations are out there that work. Can anybody tell me what's the best way of automating the distribution, installation and configuration process? Thanks in advance, Larry Coon University of California larry@assist.org and lmcoon@home.com ...

Open Mail Client on client machine
Hello,  I need to open the default mail client on a client machine once he hits a button (or link) on UI. The mail client must be populated with default info (from, to, bcc, cc, sub, body, priority). I understand that two approaches are 1. Using Mailto: (but with limitations like Cant use a FROM field, Cant set Priority, Mail Size limitation) - Hence cant use this 2. Using MAPI (but the code I have opens outlook on server rather than client machine)  Can someone help with MAPI code that opens outlook on client machine?...

GW802HP3 client

open windows client application from web client
Hello, How can i open a windows client from my web client application? I read about this a long time ago. Can someone please provide me with documentation and examples to learn from.   Regards, There are two ways: 1) use an ActiveX control. The user has to agree to install it. With an ActiveX control,  you can do almost anything. 2) for well-known file extensions such as xls and doc, you can just put a link to the file. When the user clicks on the link, the application will open. The application (Excel, Word, etc.) needs to be installed on the user's computer for this to...

Open Client installation to remote clients
I need to install Open Client on an unknown number of remote PCs. Installing and/or running Open Client from/on a file server is not an option because of network architecture problems. Also, ftp'ing the installation files out to each client PC and running the install locally is not an option. SO, has anyone ever set up Open Client to be installed over an inter/intranet, possibly via a browser? I've tried running the Open Client installation from a browser link, but setup.exe fails every time. Details: I copied the entire Open Client installation CD to a Windows NT file se...

OpenVPN client to client
Been using Open VPN and Hamachi for over a year now very successfully on several networks. I use them mostly for VNC maintanance. One problem I cannot figure out. I cannot get OpenVPN to function like Hamachi in allowing client to client connections. I have looked thru the documentation and it seems I need an XP computer as a server. Plus, I am not expert on VPN. Any down and dirty advise or point me to an example of a server and client config example? Thanks Art It's unfortunate, and somewhat sad. We could all be "OpenVPN Experts" if someone *co...

Rolling Out Open Client to large client site(s)...
Can anyone out there make a recommendation onhow to roll out Sybase OpenClient to a large Windows environment? I am the database administrator / Unix Admin for a relatively large (several thousand PC users) site. Other than several back office applications, we are pretty much a "Microsoft Shop". One of my NT Admins who handles rolling out new client products (we use a tool called Wise, packaged up with Microsoft SMS) complained bitterly last year when we instituted 32-bit 11.1.1 into an environment that was 16-bit 10.0.4 (our application vendor finally upgraded their code t...

Open Client Client-Library (CS_VERSION_110) Multithreaded Programming
Hi, I am going to develog a Multithreaded Programming on a "HP-UX m3vmsa3 B.11.00 U 9000/800 178951547 unlimited-user license" operating system. Sybase provides a "sybopts.sh" helper script for UNIX makefiles. For HPUX it provides two tags: hp800 and dce_hp800. In "Open Client/Server Programmer's Supplement for UNIX" says that Client-Library version 11.1 includes a new set of libraries that provide access to Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) services that provides "Multithreaded programming support", so I guess that I must use ...

Client to Client Communication
Hi, In a DPB application I want to send messages (strings) between one client to another both connected to my server app. I already got an notification object on the client to the server can send messages to the client using server push. but the problen is how to send those kind of messages between clients. Any ideas? Thanks in advance I have a chat server on my web site that shows the basics. This has a bunch of test code for sending messages to other clients. There is also test code in it to see what would happen if I passed one clients notification object to another clien...

Open Client
Are the open client files required to use ASA as an Open Server (dll's, dsedit, etc) included with the 6.02 distribution? If not, how are they distributed and how are they licensed? Anyone know? regards David Doherty ...

Gw 7 Client
This is a scenario that has played out more than once with our users (lots of unhappy students, faculty, and staff) and I'd like to see it addressed somehow. User gets Word Document as attachment in GW Client. User right-clicks the document and tells GW to open it in Word. User proceeds to edit, change, save, etc. document for a couple of hours. User closes Word and exits GroupWise. User opens Word to continue edit of the document but it is now gone. What has happened here is that the Word file is placed by the GW client in the \gwviewer temp directory. The user is totally ...

I want to open a pdf which is exists in the client system or client network from my web application.
Hi, I have a requirement, i want to open a pdf file which is exists in the client place from my web application..i tried this by using anchor tag, but it is not working fine..<a href="c:\one.pdf" target="_blank">Opening PDF File</a>it is not working fine..if i write this code in .html file then it is opening file, if i write the code in .aspx file then it is not opening fine..this is a urgent requirement to me.. kindly help me in this.. regards,Raju   you cant.... the clients files/filesystem aren't accessible.You can TRY to use a fil...

upgrade client from 4.01b to IR client or 6.5 client?
Should I upgrade client agent software from version 4.01b to 4.01 IR5? We are licensed for the ZENworks 6.5 suite, so I'm not sure if it's too much work to move to the IR5 release for 4.01 or go directly to the agent for 6.5? Also, what's the best way to do that? Using a ZENworks msi object doesn't seem to work - services are running and it' can't unload them. Are users are on Windows XP and have limited accounts. We have a mix of ZENworks 3.2 agents (older pc's) installed via the Novell client 4.8x and 4.01b installed with Novell client 4.9. Than...

open client client library/c samples on win95 can't work,help!!!!!!
the samples have come through the compile and link phrases. but it has swamped into infinite loop when function ct_connect() executes.env:win95+open client 10.0+vc6.0 server:sybase 10.0+sco unix many thanks ...

Web resources about - Client SQLANYWHERE - sybase.open-client

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere