WordPerfect: OLE automation through OLE control

OK, I connected to WordPerfect from PB6.5 by using OLEObject  like:
OLEObject ole_obj
ole_obj= CREATE OLEobject
li_rc=ole_obj.ConnectToNewObject ("WordPerfect.PerfectScript")

Now it accepts automation commands.

But my goal is to start OLE automation through Object property of OLE
control.
Something like:
ole_1.Activate(Offsite!)
ole_obj=ole_1.Object.WordPerfect.PerfectScript

And that does not work though it does with Word. Does somebody know if it is
possible at all to make OLE automation through OLE control and how to do
that?

vladislav

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Custom Control vs. OLE Control
I am using PB 6.0, and am hoping someone can explain something to me. I created a Standard Visual user object based on the olecontrol class (referencing Word). This is called an OLE Custom Control, or at least that's what the properties window says. Why is this different than a regular OLE control? Why is the objectdata attribute not valid? Why are some of the events missing (i.e. close, save, and rename)? These events automatically are included in a regular OLE control. Seems odd to me that you can't inherit from the base olecontrol object, but then again, OLE in gen...

ole control not in ole list
Using PB 7.0. I have an OLE control registered which is not in my list of ole objects which are available to be inserted onto a window. Here's the catch. While the control, nethubp.dll, is located in the win\system folder and registered, inorder to use the control properly, I have to go into the oleviewer and remove the "Path To Implementation". This is because at runtime, the dll is accessed from my server, not on the local computer. I can find the control up until I remove the Implementation Path. Any suggestion? The control works fine in a VB app. I need help AS...

OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1 with PFC. I'm trying to right Mail Merge like function in a system. Thus, we've to keep the merged document into history for later referece. I'm wondering the difference between OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object??? Can anyone give some ideas on the above and what is the usage of it?? On the other hand, I'm wondering whether I'm using the RTE dw object for mail merge and then save the whole content into a OLE Database blob column, or using OLE control to MS Word + using DDE to transfer the data to MS Word?? ...

OLE/WORD97 PRINTING OLE CONTROL?
I have an ole control(ole_1) on a response window that contains a MS WORD document. Since it doesn't merge the FILE menu option with Inplace activation, I created a Print button on the window to print the WORD document inside the ole control. However, I haven't been able to successfully do this. What is the correct syntax for printing an ole control WORD document. I have tried the following with no luck: ole_1.object.PrintOut() ole_1.object.application.ActiveDocument.Printout() ole_1.object.ActiveDocument.Printout() Thank You, Jason Try this: ole_1.ActiveDoc...

ActiveX Controls, OLE Automation, OLEStorage
1.) Does anyone know how to create an ActiveX control in PB 6.0 or 6.5? 2.) I have utilized OLE automation to use some functionality of Excel and Word. Unfortunately, whenever I use the ConnectToNewObject() or ConnectToObject() functions of an OLEObject variable, either the entire application of Word or Excel application is opened behind the scenes. This is the case even though I only want to use a single function within these applications. It seems like a waste to load the entire application to get just at simple functionality. Is it possible to open lightweight component applicatio...

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

Why does OLE Control work but OLE Object doesn't ?
I am trying to deploy a third party ActiveX/OCX in a PowerBuilder NVO (for EAServer). Placing an OLE Control on a window works fine. I can access object properties etc. Using an OLEObject and ConnectToNewObject should accomplish the same result (as per PB documentation) These two code segments should work identically, but the second (which I need to work) produces "Error accessing external object property" error // 1. OLE control placed on a window ole_1.Object.Timeout = 1000 // 2. ActiveX control placed on a window OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj = CREATE OLEObj...

how to close down ole in OLE container?
Hi, I have a piece of code which opens a blob stored in the database as an OLE, in order to print it in the form of a word document. While the document is printed, MS word is activated, and the document is visible. The problem is that if I have a number of blobs to print, and I have the code (part of it reproduced below) in a loop, all the blobs open up as word documents. I need to add some processing which would enable the opened documents to close down. ole_1.objectdata = bl_object i_return = ole_1.Activate(offsite!) IF i_return = 0 THEN ole_1.object.application.wordbasic....

WordPerfect: OLE automation to
I was trying to establish connection to WP 8 from PB 6.5 using commands like: ConnecToNewObject("","WordPerfect.PerfectScript") but that did not work. Looks like it works differently. Does anybody have any idea how it should be or the place I have to look to find an answer? Thanks ...

Is there a specific Windows OLE config required to support PB OLE controls
Hi there, I have a PB 8.0.1 app that stores external documents as LONG fields in an Oracle 7 database. The app retrieves the data, assigns it to an OLE control then activates the control. On 4 out of 12 PCs the line 'ole_1.dataobject = ....' crashes with a bad runtime function error. My guess is either the data is being corrupted somehow by SQL*Net or the Windows OLE configuration is different on the offending PCs. The client IT people say the PC config are the same but i cannot believe that. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what aspect of the PC config I should l...

OLE
I am attempting to populate an Access form with data using OLE and I am unable to accomplish my aims at this time. Any verbal encouragement, warning or links to tutorial-articles would be most welcomed. Leigh ...

OLE
Delphi XE. I have an app that opens excel files using TADOConnection and TADOTable. In XP everything is working fine. Only on my new Windows 8 (64 bit) laptop, I receive a "ole exception unrecognized database format " when I do ADOTable.open ADOConnection.ConnectionString := 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;' + 'Data Source=' + FilenameEdit_in + ';'+ 'Mode=ReadWrite;' + 'Extended Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes"'; -- Try this solution in Extended Properties clause: http:/...

Web resources about - WordPerfect: OLE automation through OLE control - sybase.ole-ocx-activex