Word ole: How to close MS word

I have ole control on the window and inset file using
Ole_control.InsertFile(file_name)

When I close the window I still see the word running in task
manager. How do I close Word?
0
Katarina

How about looking at the Quit method?

Katarina wrote:
> I have ole control on the window and inset file using
> Ole_control.InsertFile(file_name)
>
> When I close the window I still see the word running in task
> manager. How do I close Word?
0
James

WORD OLE automation
The following code works perfectly with WORD6/Windows95/PB6, but does not work for WORD 97/NT. OLEObject lole_word string ls_mytext = "Trial text" li_rc = lole_word = CREATE OLEObject li_rc = lole_word.ConnectToNewObject("word.basic") // in NT WORD is opened INVISIBLY // It appears as a process in the Task Manager // li_rc = 0 li_rc = lole_word.FileNew("normal", 0) // Returns li_rc = NULL li_rc = lole_word.Insert(ls_mytext) // Not recognised by WORD97 li_rc = ...

OLE and MS Word
Hello, I'm looking for a simple application that creates a Word document (*.doc) and writes some text there without opening Word and then closes the connection to that OLE object... Thanks in advance... Have you tried looking at http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47980 Just a hint. You can search the Sybase tech docs from http://www.sybase.com/support/techdocs Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 3 Feb 2004 02:40:13 -0800, "Piotr Nadolny" <pnad@o2.pl> wrote: >I'm looking for a simple application that creates ...

OLE with MS Word
Hello all, Where can I find a list of Active X commands to control MS word. I'm trying to do: ole_1.Object.SaveAs("c:\test.doc") but "Save As HTML" instead. I would like to find a list of all the commands to carry out various functions. Thanks for reading! Rick This is all wriiten down in the Office developers books. Best place to search on the internet is http://msdn.microsoft.com HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Avalix Information Systems, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://www.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 ...

Ole to Word 95 (Word 7)
I am trying to get Word to retrieve a document and come into focus. The ConnectToObject is working fine. The retrieve is working fine. The only problem that I am having is getting Word to pop-up if it is currently minimized. If it is not minimized, a AppActivate() command works fine. I have tried AppMaximize(),AppShow() and AppRestore(). If Word is minimized, none of these work. Anyone have any ideas ?? Kevin Wydra kwydra@magicnet.net I use API functions like Showwindow() Kevin Wydra wrote: > I am trying to get Word to retrieve a document and come into focu...

Word 6.0 and Word 97 installed
We have two versions of MS Word installed, Word 6.0 and Word 97. We have all the OLE control objects and commands written for Word 6.0. We are not ready to code for Word 97 yet. We have users that need both version of Word installed. How do we point to Word 6.0 OLE object when we have Word 6.0 and Word 97 installed? Is there a way we can modify the registry entry to point to Word 6.0? Right now, everything is pointing to Word 97. When I create a OLE word object on the window, it points to Word 97. Thanks, Lynn ...

Migrating OLE from Word 95 to Word 2000
I've spent the last week and half looking up syntax in Word's VBA help file and trying to get it to work in a very large PB 6.5.1 program. Today I stumbled upon a document at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q232/4/65.ASP I hope I'm wrong, but I get the impression from reading the text and looking at the code examples, that pretty much all you have to do to migrate is to insert the VBA keyword WordBasic in our PB ole code. For instance, ole_contact_ltr.FilePrintSetup(ls_printer_name, 0) <== Works with Word 95 ole_contact_ltr.WordBasic.FilePrintSet...

OLE Word Crash with non-Word blob
I am using an OLE control with word and reading/storing the data as a blob in an oracle database. I allow the user to initially populate the blob with a GetFileOpenName(). Everything works fine as long as the users select a valid word file. If they select something else, such as a text file, when I load the blob with the this.ObjectData = lbl_document statement, I get a "Bad runtime function reference " at that line. Is there any way to more gracefully capture this error? Thanks in advance, Scott Ewine If you're on PB8 or later, use structured excepti...

OLE (MS-Word) Control
Hi everybody! I hope I say this all correctly, cause I have only about 6 months experience with PowerBuilder. I'm using version 6.5.1 of PowerBuilder... I have a datawindow where I have placed an OLE control (an MS-Word doc built in Office 97) in the detail band of the datawindow. The Word document is "linked" not "imbeded". The idea is to merge some addresses (Sybase columns) with the Word doc and print it. All of that works great, however once I print the datawindow (using PFC_PRINT), my mouse will appear normal, but clicking on anything, anywhere in...

OLE, MS Word, PB
I want to use OLE control to display an existing MS word document inside a powerbuilder response window. I used ole_1.InsertFile(filename) and displayasactivexdocument!, I can see the document, but the word's toolbar, menu, status bar all being displayed. How do I hide them but still have scrollbars? If I define as displayascontent!, the document has very small font, no scrollbars, and it is not readable. Please advice how to do this. I do not need to edit nor save the document. Dear "Joy"! There is some way to hide all the commandbars in word ( when ole-c...

OLE (MS-Word) Control
Hi everybody! I hope I say this all correctly, cause I have only about 6 months experience with PowerBuilder. I'm using version 6.5.1 of PowerBuilder... I have a datawindow where I have placed an OLE control (an MS-Word doc built in Office 97) in the detail band of the datawindow. The Word document is "linked" not "imbeded". The idea is to merge some addresses (Sybase columns) with the Word doc and print it. All of that works great, however once I print the datawindow (using PFC_PRINT), my mouse will appear normal, but clicking on anything, anywhere in...

OLE to MS Word for Spellchecking
I'm starting an OLE instance of Word (version 10) to take advantage of it's spell checking feature. This works fine except for when I ADD a new document to Word. The ADD function wants to be visible by default. We don't want the user to see anything except the Checkspelling dialog if it finds and word in question. I've searched around and found that there are some parameters for the ADD statement. In fact, the fourth paramater is the visibility value. I've been trying various combinations of passing parameters or a parameter string through my OLE object to Word...

WDK and MS-Word through OLE
Hi, I am doing OLE to MS-Word to generate some letters. WDK gives an error message 'File Not found' when executing 'LinkTo()' function. But the file does exists in the specified path. Could anybody suggest a work around? Here is the code: ls_doc_name = "c:\charts\cse0007.doc" // check whether the document is existing lb_fileexists = FileExists(ls_doc_name) CHOOSE CASE lb_fileexists CASE FALSE MessageBox("Error", ls_doc_name + " Not found",StopSign!) Return FALSE END CHOOSE //ole_docword is an OLE control with Object Type ...

Close Word thru Ole
Hi PB gurus. I need your help. I have opened an OLE Session. I open the Word, put somethings inside , save the document. Now I need to close the Word application. How could I handle this? Thanks. Carlos Try the following: (aole is an OLE control) aole.object.quit(0) //Quit and close documents without saving carlosf wrote: > Hi PB gurus. > > I need your help. > > I have opened an OLE Session. I open the Word, put somethings inside > , save the document. Now I need to close the Word application. > How could I handle this? > ...

PB
Helo, I have following problem. I want only to write some data read from DB in PB to a Word docment and then to print it out. I am using OLE - everything is OK - I am connected to MS Word, the file is opened, I can even print it ...., but I can't manage to write on a bookmark. I have already tried following, but nothing works: ole_word.object.Application.ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("testbook").Range.Text = "test value" Since I know that there can be troubles with bookmarks (defined x notdefined) in Word I thought that maybe it could be better to use the boo...

Web resources about - Word ole: How to close MS word - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Close-mid front unrounded vowel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The close-mid front unrounded vowel , or high-mid front unrounded vowel , is a type of vowel sound, used in some spoken languages . The symbol ...

Near-close near-front unrounded vowel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
. The IPA symbol is a small capital letter i . The IPA prefers terms "close" and "open" for vowels, and the name of the article follows this. ...

Reviews Site Stik Closes $2.3M Funding Round
Stik , a reviews website for local businesses that taps into Facebook’s social graph and authentication , announced the closing of a $2.3 million ...

Weary Canberra Capitals fail to close out first WNBL win in Adelaide loss
Canberra Capitals miss golden chance to break longest losing drought in club history.&nbsp;

Bushfires: GPS tracking for arsonists while hundreds of suspects on close watch
Convicted arsonists will be tracked with GPS technology and hundreds of potential firebugs are being closely monitored&nbsp;as the state grapples ...

Taliban close to taking over Helmand: Afghan official
Deputy governor takes to Facebook to warn president the southern province may fall after 90 soldiers killed in two days.

VW needs cash, temporarily closes Phaeton plant in Dresden
Filed under: Green , Plants/Manufacturing , Volkswagen , Sedan , Luxury Volkswagen will finally end production of the current Phaeton next year ...

‘Furious 7’ was the most mistake-filled movie of 2015, and it wasn’t even close
No one goes to see a Fast and Furious movie for an authentic portrayal of the real world, but you might be surprised to learn that Furious 7 ...

Dickerson: Sanders running out of time to close gap with Clinton - Videos - CBS News
John Dickerson, CBS News political director and host of "Face the Nation”, considers whether Bernie Sanders is running out of time to close the ...

Nashua, New Hampshire, closes schools after threat of violence
CNN Nashua, New Hampshire, closes schools after threat of violence CNN (CNN) All schools in Nashua, New Hampshire, will be closed Monday after ...