Word OLE automation

Would like to open word document using OLE after populating word using OLE
Automation. The document should open up in print preview mode,and then using
either VBA, or other code print or close from print preview. I want to
supress all menus and commandbars from the word document.

What code can i run from PB script to open in print preview and turn off
menus and command bars, and put in two of my own command buttons.

0
Andrew

WORD OLE automation
The following code works perfectly with WORD6/Windows95/PB6, but does not work for WORD 97/NT. OLEObject lole_word string ls_mytext = "Trial text" li_rc = lole_word = CREATE OLEObject li_rc = lole_word.ConnectToNewObject("word.basic") // in NT WORD is opened INVISIBLY // It appears as a process in the Task Manager // li_rc = 0 li_rc = lole_word.FileNew("normal", 0) // Returns li_rc = NULL li_rc = lole_word.Insert(ls_mytext) // Not recognised by WORD97 li_rc = ...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

WordPerfect: OLE automation through OLE control
OK, I connected to WordPerfect from PB6.5 by using OLEObject like: OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj= CREATE OLEobject li_rc=ole_obj.ConnectToNewObject ("WordPerfect.PerfectScript") ........ Now it accepts automation commands. But my goal is to start OLE automation through Object property of OLE control. Something like: ole_1.Activate(Offsite!) ole_obj=ole_1.Object.WordPerfect.PerfectScript ..... And that does not work though it does with Word. Does somebody know if it is possible at all to make OLE automation through OLE control and how to do that? Thanks ...

MS-Word & Powerpoint automation, using OLE automation [Edit]
Hello, Here is what I need to do, from my Delphi application : starting from a MS-Word document, create a PPT presentation simply made of a series of embedded MS-Word objects. There would be 1 slide for each page of the source document (assuming same page size & orientation on both sides). This requires to control both a WordApplication and a PowerpointApplication in parallel, and proceed basically as follows : - in Word, open the source file - In Powerpoint, create a new presentation - For each page of the Word doc, |- in Word, select from start to end of current page, then &quo...

ActiveX, OLE Automation, OLEStorage
1.) Does anyone know how to create an ActiveX control in PB 6.0 or 6.5? 2.) I have utilized OLE automation to use some functionality of Excel and Word. Unfortunately, whenever I use the ConnectToNewObject() or ConnectToObject() functions of an OLEObject variable, either the entire application of Word or Excel application is opened behind the scenes. This is the case even though I only want to use a single function within these applications. It seems like a waste to load the entire application to get just at simple functionality. Is it possible to open lightweight component applicatio...

Word 2010 OLE automation
Hello there I user Delphi 2010 with Office 2010. When i try to open word document from my delphi application it open the file but the word stayes minimized. this is my code: procedure OpenOleWordFile(Var MsWord:Variant;WordFileName:String); Var WordDoc,Mdoc:Variant; begin try MsWord := GetActiveOleObject('Word.Application'); except try MsWord := CreateOleObject('Word.Application'); except ShowMessage('Error ....cannot open WORD'); exit; end; end; MsWord.Visible:=true; MsWord.Application.WindowState := 1...

OLE Automation with Word 7
All my users and fellow developers are on Word v7.0a (which does not work) and only I happen to have 7.0 (which works). I've tried background printing on and off in Word. The routine loops through multiple records as shown beloew. The first run through is fine. It fails on the second record at the FileOpen/FileNew. I tried adding wait loops of 10 seconds (!) after the fileprint and the fileclose - to no avail. The error is "Error calling external object function fileopen...". I tried upgrading to the latest PB5.0.04 maint release - still no dice. Does Powerb...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE automation with word 97
Dear Sir /Madam I like to ask about how to use the oleobject with Word 97, On word 95 and its predecessor, its clear to use "word.basic" but the speed is very slow compare with other OLE connectivity, So I try with word 97, but the format and function of word 97 is very different from the previous ones, they use VBA (for visual Basic Command), So I like to ask if to use OLE with word97 to connect and merge letter with data supplied by PowerBuilder, like code below, what is the corresponding code in word 97?, or Does PowerBuilder 5.0 does not support Word 97 or vice-versa. ...

Excel and/or Word OLE Automation
I found out that the client machines that will be running my app will have office 95 on them. So I decided to use the spell checking example that Powersoft provied to work with Excel, instead of using the VS ocx. I found out that I handed in one set of problems for yet another set of problems. I took the example from PS and changed the mle to be dw column. The text in the column has hard returns in it, so when I set the text in excel I get | where the hard returns are. This is only a minor problem, that I could live with. However the big problem is that one of two things happen...

Word Automation through Win32::OLE
Long time lurker, first time poster...please be gentle. I am attempting to move through a directory, pull out only files of a ..fin extension (which is Word document format), save each one as .rtf (Rich Text Format). I'd also like to be able to run some predefined macros on the files, but I thought just being able to save was a good place to start. Currently I get an error stating 'Can't call method "SaveAs" on an undefined value'. If someone could point me to some clearer text on Win32::OLE than the stuff that ASPN, CPAN and Oreilly's Win32 o...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

Word 6 OLE automation
Hi, I'm using OLE automation with Word 6 to perform a mail merge. Most of the methods work OK (FileOpen, FilePrint etc.) but some of them don't (FileClose). PB says : Error calling external object function blablabla ... The function's name is OK, and the parameters also. I've debugged the externalexception event, and the OLE server tells me that I've tried to handle an element like a function when it isn't. The bizarre thing is that, calling a macro with that instruction (FileClose) works. Perhaps the solution is putting all the code in the macro ? ...

Web resources about - Word OLE automation - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a hierarchical presentation of automation topics, see Outline of automation . For other uses, see Automation (disambiguation) . Automation ...

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Facebook Ads API Partner AdStage: Campaign Automation, $6.25M Series A Funding
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Facebook PMD IgnitionOne launches self-service marketing automation
IgnitionOne , a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer, announced Tuesday the launch of the Marketing Automation tool. A fully integrated module ...

Automation Heroes (@automationhero) on Twitter

Automation World
Automation World is your link to the why and how of manufacturing automation. The purpose of this group is to connect manufacturing engineers,... ...

Young people don't consider automation issues when choosing a career
... launched a new research study that determines that almost half (49 percent) of young people in Britain are not taking the issue of job automation ...

Rockwell Automation Announces Mobility Co-Innovation with Microsoft
A new mobility co-innovation project by Rockwell Automation and Microsoft Corp. will be demonstrated at Automation Fair in Chicago Nov. 18 and ...

3 Growing Digital Trends for 2016: Automation, Personalization, Gamification.
1. Marketing Automation What is it? Marketing automation is a category of technology that allows companies to streamline, automate, and measure ...

Edimax lands networking device orders for production automation
... device maker Edimax Technology has obtained orders from US-based clients for about 25,000 wireless networking devices used in production automation, ...