Why do more ActiveX OCX controls show up in Excel than PowerBuilder

I am brutally frustrated. I am still using PB5.0.4 - I know there are
more updated versions. But I still shouldn't have the problems I am
experiencing. Why is it that Microsoft's Web ActiveX control shows up in
Excel's toolbox list of active x controls but it doesn't show up in my
PB toolbox? I am using Windows NT 4.0 SP4, I was told that a friend can
see the controls in Windows 95 of the same PB version.  Its not just the
MS Web Control, I experienced this problem with Dart Communciations http
control also. Interestingly enough,  the package which contain Dart's
http control also contains two other components both of which show up in
my toolbox.

Why is this?

If I were to create a new instance of an ActiveX control using an
OLEobject how do I get notifications of its events?

Thanks for any suggestions or input

Anthony Perera

0
aperera

Have you tried re-registering shdocvw.dll (which contains the MS Web Browser
control)? Can you see this control on the OLE tab in the PB object browser?

--
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"aperera" <azp@soliton.com> wrote in message
> I am brutally frustrated. I am still using PB5.0.4 - I know there are
> more updated versions. But I still shouldn't have the problems I am
> experiencing. Why is it that Microsoft's Web ActiveX control shows up in
> Excel's toolbox list of active x controls but it doesn't show up in my
> PB toolbox? I am using Windows NT 4.0 SP4, I was told that a friend can
> see the controls in Windows 95 of the same PB version.  Its not just the
> MS Web Control, I experienced this problem with Dart Communciations http
> control also. Interestingly enough,  the package which contain Dart's
> http control also contains two other components both of which show up in
> my toolbox.
>
> Why is this?
>
> If I were to create a new instance of an ActiveX control using an
> OLEobject how do I get notifications of its events?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions or input
>
> Anthony Perera

0
Roy
9/5/2000 7:38:52 PM
First, thanks for the quick response.

I did register it. I still cannot find this control in the OLE tab in the PB
object browser. I can however find a control that uses msinet.ocx file. It looks
like it has the right icon but when I select it and put it into the window, a
message pops up saying that "Insert of Object Failed, license file required." I
don't think this is the control I am looking for. Any further help would be
appreciated.

"Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" wrote:

> Have you tried re-registering shdocvw.dll (which contains the MS Web Browser
> control)? Can you see this control on the OLE tab in the PB object browser?
>
> --
> pbm_hopethishelps,
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com
> MySybase - http://my.sybase.com
>
> "aperera" <azp@soliton.com> wrote in message
> > I am brutally frustrated. I am still using PB5.0.4 - I know there are
> > more updated versions. But I still shouldn't have the problems I am
> > experiencing. Why is it that Microsoft's Web ActiveX control shows up in
> > Excel's toolbox list of active x controls but it doesn't show up in my
> > PB toolbox? I am using Windows NT 4.0 SP4, I was told that a friend can
> > see the controls in Windows 95 of the same PB version.  Its not just the
> > MS Web Control, I experienced this problem with Dart Communciations http
> > control also. Interestingly enough,  the package which contain Dart's
> > http control also contains two other components both of which show up in
> > my toolbox.
> >
> > Why is this?
> >
> > If I were to create a new instance of an ActiveX control using an
> > OLEobject how do I get notifications of its events?
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions or input
> >
> > Anthony Perera

0
aperera
9/5/2000 8:16:54 PM
msinet.ocx is the Internet Transfer Control that ships with MS Visual Studio
(VB/VC/VJ/VID) -- the browser control is contained in shdocvw.dll.

It looks like this may be a bug in 5.0 -- unfortunately, 5.0 is no longer
supported by Sybase.

--

> First, thanks for the quick response.
>
> I did register it. I still cannot find this control in the OLE tab in the
PB
> object browser. I can however find a control that uses msinet.ocx file. It
looks
> like it has the right icon but when I select it and put it into the
window, a
> message pops up saying that "Insert of Object Failed, license file
required." I
> don't think this is the control I am looking for. Any further help would
be
> appreciated.
>
> "Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried re-registering shdocvw.dll (which contains the MS Web
Browser
> > control)? Can you see this control on the OLE tab in the PB object
browser?

> > --
> > pbm_hopethishelps,
> > Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> > Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com
> > MySybase - http://my.sybase.com
> >
> > "aperera" <azp@soliton.com> wrote in message
> > > I am brutally frustrated. I am still using PB5.0.4 - I know there are
> > > more updated versions. But I still shouldn't have the problems I am
> > > experiencing. Why is it that Microsoft's Web ActiveX control shows up
in
> > > Excel's toolbox list of active x controls but it doesn't show up in my
> > > PB toolbox? I am using Windows NT 4.0 SP4, I was told that a friend
can
> > > see the controls in Windows 95 of the same PB version.  Its not just
the
> > > MS Web Control, I experienced this problem with Dart Communciations
http
> > > control also. Interestingly enough,  the package which contain Dart's
> > > http control also contains two other components both of which show up
in
> > > my toolbox.
> > >
> > > Why is this?
> > >
> > > If I were to create a new instance of an ActiveX control using an
> > > OLEobject how do I get notifications of its events?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any suggestions or input
> > >
> > > Anthony Perera

0
Roy

Web resources about - Why do more ActiveX OCX controls show up in Excel than PowerBuilder - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles