Using OLE Automation with Word 8

We're working on converting an application that uses Word.Basic OLE
Automation with Word 7 to use Word.Application OLE Automation with Word 8.
We've applied the 5.0.03 patches.

For some reason, we can open a document, but we can't save or saveas. The
following script is being used:

long i
string ls_filename, ls_test_filename
integer li_contact_id

setpointer(hourglass!)

//retrieve datawindow
dw_quote_rpt.retrieve(dw_1.getitemnumber(1, "quotejob_id"))

//create ole object and connect to MSWord
iole_quote = create oleobject
if iole_quote.connecttonewobject("word.application") <> 0 then
	destroy iole_quote
	messagebox(title, "Unable to connect to Microsoft Word", &
		exclamation!, ok!)
	return
end if
 //No problem to this point.

//open template

iole_quote.documents.open("c:\nts\template_quote.doc")

ls_test_filename = iole_quote.ActiveDocument.FullName
messagebox ("document name", ls_test_filename)

//	this produces a messagebox with the full path of the opened document,
//	i.e. "c:\nts\template_quote.doc", and seems to prove that
//	iole_quote.ActiveDocument is a good object reference.

iole_quote.ActiveDocument.SaveAs("quote_test.doc")

//	this produces the following error:
//	Error Number 33.
//	Error text = Invalid parameter type calling external object function
saveas.

I've tried changing the argument to (REF "quote_test.doc"), and I've tried
placing the
name in a local string variable (which is actually the way I want to do
it), but all efforts
produce the same message.

Following is copied from the Word8 VBA help file:

expression.SaveAs(FileName, FileFormat, LockComments, Password,
AddToRecentFiles, WritePassword, ReadOnlyRecommended, EmbedTrueTypeFonts,
SaveNativePictureFormat, SaveFormsData, SaveAsAOCELetter)

expression   Required. An expression that returns a Document object.

FileName   Optional Variant. The name for the document. The default is the
current folder and file name. If the document has never been saved, the
default name is used (for example, Doc1.doc). If a document with the
specified FileName already exists, the document is overwritten without the
user being prompted first.

Any suggestions?
0
Worth

Worth Robbins wrote:

> We're working on converting an application that uses Word.Basic OLE
> Automation with Word 7 to use Word.Application OLE Automation with Word 8.
> We've applied the 5.0.03 patches.
>
> For some reason, we can open a document, but we can't save or saveas. The
> following script is being used:
>
> long i
> string ls_filename, ls_test_filename
> integer li_contact_id
>
> setpointer(hourglass!)
>
> //retrieve datawindow
> dw_quote_rpt.retrieve(dw_1.getitemnumber(1, "quotejob_id"))
>
> //create ole object and connect to MSWord
> iole_quote = create oleobject
> if iole_quote.connecttonewobject("word.application") <> 0 then
>         destroy iole_quote
>         messagebox(title, "Unable to connect to Microsoft Word", &
>                 exclamation!, ok!)
>         return
> end if
>  //No problem to this point.
>
> //open template
>
> iole_quote.documents.open("c:\nts\template_quote.doc")
>
> ls_test_filename = iole_quote.ActiveDocument.FullName
> messagebox ("document name", ls_test_filename)
>
> //      this produces a messagebox with the full path of the opened document,
> //      i.e. "c:\nts\template_quote.doc", and seems to prove that
> //      iole_quote.ActiveDocument is a good object reference.
>
> iole_quote.ActiveDocument.SaveAs("quote_test.doc")
>
> //      this produces the following error:
> //      Error Number 33.
> //      Error text = Invalid parameter type calling external object function
> saveas.
>
> I've tried changing the argument to (REF "quote_test.doc"), and I've tried
> placing the
> name in a local string variable (which is actually the way I want to do
> it), but all efforts
> produce the same message.
>
> Following is copied from the Word8 VBA help file:
>
> expression.SaveAs(FileName, FileFormat, LockComments, Password,
> AddToRecentFiles, WritePassword, ReadOnlyRecommended, EmbedTrueTypeFonts,
> SaveNativePictureFormat, SaveFormsData, SaveAsAOCELetter)
>
> expression   Required. An expression that returns a Document object.
>
> FileName   Optional Variant. The name for the document. The default is the
> current folder and file name. If the document has never been saved, the
> default name is used (for example, Doc1.doc). If a document with the
> specified FileName already exists, the document is overwritten without the
> user being prompted first.
>
> Any suggestions?

I am using the same code and it works fine ( PB 5.02 not 5.03 ). Are
you sure this error message does not come from one of the macros in
c:\nts\template_quote.doc that executes on SaveAs(...)?
0
Irina
7/21/1997 2:06:37 PM

Worth Robbins <robbins@tiac.net> schrieb im Beitrag
<01bc9480$4e4e2480$6413a8c0@worth2>...
> We're working on converting an application that uses Word.Basic OLE
> Automation with Word 7 to use Word.Application OLE Automation with Word
8.
> We've applied the 5.0.03 patches.
>
> For some reason, we can open a document, but we can't save or saveas. The
> following script is being used:
>
> long i
> string ls_filename, ls_test_filename
> integer li_contact_id
>
> setpointer(hourglass!)
>
> //retrieve datawindow
> dw_quote_rpt.retrieve(dw_1.getitemnumber(1, "quotejob_id"))
>
> //create ole object and connect to MSWord
> iole_quote = create oleobject
> if iole_quote.connecttonewobject("word.application") <> 0 then
> 	destroy iole_quote
> 	messagebox(title, "Unable to connect to Microsoft Word", &
> 		exclamation!, ok!)
> 	return
> end if
>  //No problem to this point.
>
> //open template
>
> iole_quote.documents.open("c:\nts\template_quote.doc")
>
> ls_test_filename = iole_quote.ActiveDocument.FullName
> messagebox ("document name", ls_test_filename)
>
> //	this produces a messagebox with the full path of the opened document,
> //	i.e. "c:\nts\template_quote.doc", and seems to prove that
> //	iole_quote.ActiveDocument is a good object reference.
>
> iole_quote.ActiveDocument.SaveAs("quote_test.doc")
>
> //	this produces the following error:
> //	Error Number 33.
> //	Error text = Invalid parameter type calling external object function
> saveas.
>
> I've tried changing the argument to (REF "quote_test.doc"), and I've
tried
> placing the
> name in a local string variable (which is actually the way I want to do
> it), but all efforts
> produce the same message.
>
> Following is copied from the Word8 VBA help file:
>
> expression.SaveAs(FileName, FileFormat, LockComments, Password,
> AddToRecentFiles, WritePassword, ReadOnlyRecommended, EmbedTrueTypeFonts,
> SaveNativePictureFormat, SaveFormsData, SaveAsAOCELetter)
>
> expression   Required. An expression that returns a Document object.
>
> FileName   Optional Variant. The name for the document. The default is
the
> current folder and file name. If the document has never been saved, the
> default name is used (for example, Doc1.doc). If a document with the
> specified FileName already exists, the document is overwritten without
the
> user being prompted first.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi,

sometimes Word uses parameters to execute the function. Try to use some
parameter like
SaveAs("filename",0)    0 -> Saves the document in wordformat.

Please tell me,if it worked.

Andreas

Dipl. Inform. Andreas Risch
Risch C.S.A
Germany
+049 (0) 26 42 / 98 13 - 30   Phone
+049 (0) 26 42 / 98 13 - 32   Fax

email Andreas.Risch@csa.ivm.de
http://www.csa.ivm.de
Andreas
10/10/1997 6:09:50 AM
try to use PB function: "FileExists" to check if specified file exists (i`ve
tried it a couple a times, very useful!!!)

Worth Robbins wrote:

> We're working on converting an application that uses Word.Basic OLE
> Automation with Word 7 to use Word.Application OLE Automation with Word 8.
> We've applied the 5.0.03 patches.
>
> For some reason, we can open a document, but we can't save or saveas. The
> following script is being used:
>
> long i
> string ls_filename, ls_test_filename
> integer li_contact_id
>
> setpointer(hourglass!)
>
> //retrieve datawindow
> dw_quote_rpt.retrieve(dw_1.getitemnumber(1, "quotejob_id"))
>
> //create ole object and connect to MSWord
> iole_quote = create oleobject
> if iole_quote.connecttonewobject("word.application") <> 0 then
>         destroy iole_quote
>         messagebox(title, "Unable to connect to Microsoft Word", &
>                 exclamation!, ok!)
>         return
> end if
>  //No problem to this point.
>
> //open template
>
> iole_quote.documents.open("c:\nts\template_quote.doc")
>
> ls_test_filename = iole_quote.ActiveDocument.FullName
> messagebox ("document name", ls_test_filename)
>
> //      this produces a messagebox with the full path of the opened document,
> //      i.e. "c:\nts\template_quote.doc", and seems to prove that
> //      iole_quote.ActiveDocument is a good object reference.
>
> iole_quote.ActiveDocument.SaveAs("quote_test.doc")
>
> //      this produces the following error:
> //      Error Number 33.
> //      Error text = Invalid parameter type calling external object function
> saveas.
>
> I've tried changing the argument to (REF "quote_test.doc"), and I've tried
> placing the
> name in a local string variable (which is actually the way I want to do
> it), but all efforts
> produce the same message.
>
> Following is copied from the Word8 VBA help file:
>
> expression.SaveAs(FileName, FileFormat, LockComments, Password,
> AddToRecentFiles, WritePassword, ReadOnlyRecommended, EmbedTrueTypeFonts,
> SaveNativePictureFormat, SaveFormsData, SaveAsAOCELetter)
>
> expression   Required. An expression that returns a Document object.
>
> FileName   Optional Variant. The name for the document. The default is the
> current folder and file name. If the document has never been saved, the
> default name is used (for example, Doc1.doc). If a document with the
> specified FileName already exists, the document is overwritten without the
> user being prompted first.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
Roman
12/15/1998 2:42:24 AM
The code below works fine for me. I'm using PB 5.03 and Word 97.
So, I'm not sure what's causing your problem.

io_word = create oleobject

If io_word.ConnectToNewObject( 'word.application' ) <> 0 Then
	Messagebox("OLE Error","Could not connect to Word")
	Return -1
End If

io_word.documents.open("C:\My Documents\tempspell.doc")

io_word.activedocument.saveas("tempspell1.doc")
io_word.Documents.Close
io_word.application.quit()
io_word.disconnectobject()

destroy io_word

Chinni

>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:42:24 -0500,
> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex
>Roman Gregory <romang@mediaone.net> wrote:
>try to use PB function: "FileExists" to check if specified file exists (i`ve
>tried it a couple a times, very useful!!!)
>
>Worth Robbins wrote:
>
>> We're working on converting an application that uses Word.Basic OLE
>> Automation with Word 7 to use Word.Application OLE Automation with Word 8.
>> We've applied the 5.0.03 patches.
>>
>> For some reason, we can open a document, but we can't save or saveas. The
>> following script is being used:
>>
>> long i
>> string ls_filename, ls_test_filename
>> integer li_contact_id
>>
>> setpointer(hourglass!)
>>
>> //retrieve datawindow
>> dw_quote_rpt.retrieve(dw_1.getitemnumber(1, "quotejob_id"))
>>
>> //create ole object and connect to MSWord
>> iole_quote = create oleobject
>> if iole_quote.connecttonewobject("word.application") <> 0 then
>>         destroy iole_quote
>>         messagebox(title, "Unable to connect to Microsoft Word", &
>>                 exclamation!, ok!)
>>         return
>> end if
>>  //No problem to this point.
>>
>> //open template
>>
>> iole_quote.documents.open("c:\nts\template_quote.doc")
>>
>> ls_test_filename = iole_quote.ActiveDocument.FullName
>> messagebox ("document name", ls_test_filename)
>>
>> //      this produces a messagebox with the full path of the opened document,
>> //      i.e. "c:\nts\template_quote.doc", and seems to prove that
>> //      iole_quote.ActiveDocument is a good object reference.
>>
>> iole_quote.ActiveDocument.SaveAs("quote_test.doc")
>>
>> //      this produces the following error:
>> //      Error Number 33.
>> //      Error text = Invalid parameter type calling external object function
>> saveas.
>>
>> I've tried changing the argument to (REF "quote_test.doc"), and I've tried
>> placing the
>> name in a local string variable (which is actually the way I want to do
>> it), but all efforts
>> produce the same message.
>>
>> Following is copied from the Word8 VBA help file:
>>
>> expression.SaveAs(FileName, FileFormat, LockComments, Password,
>> AddToRecentFiles, WritePassword, ReadOnlyRecommended, EmbedTrueTypeFonts,
>> SaveNativePictureFormat, SaveFormsData, SaveAsAOCELetter)
>>
>> expression   Required. An expression that returns a Document object.
>>
>> FileName   Optional Variant. The name for the document. The default is the
>> current folder and file name. If the document has never been saved, the
>> default name is used (for example, Doc1.doc). If a document with the
>> specified FileName already exists, the document is overwritten without the
>> user being prompted first.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

0
Chinni

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

MS-Word & Powerpoint automation, using OLE automation [Edit]
Hello, Here is what I need to do, from my Delphi application : starting from a MS-Word document, create a PPT presentation simply made of a series of embedded MS-Word objects. There would be 1 slide for each page of the source document (assuming same page size & orientation on both sides). This requires to control both a WordApplication and a PowerpointApplication in parallel, and proceed basically as follows : - in Word, open the source file - In Powerpoint, create a new presentation - For each page of the Word doc, |- in Word, select from start to end of current page, then &quo...

Powerbuilder 8 and using Word OLE Bookmarks
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C2FEAF.A88ED4E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm a bit confussed on this as in another application I did it worked = great !!, but in another application (both same Powerbuilder and Word = versions) the code doesn't run ?? Why ?? In one application this works fine:=20 OLE_OBJECT.documents.open("\\Dir\application.doc",0,1) OLE_OBJECT.application.visible=3Dtrue OLE_OBJECT.ActiveDocumentBookmarks.Item("Today"...

problems using OLE Automation and ActiveX in PB 6
We are writing a PowerBuilder application that can be used as OLE Runtime Automation Server. We are using PowerBuilder 6.0 beta 3. We've built a 32-bit .pbd and made it a DLL ( OLE server ) We've used PowerBuilder sample program PBGENREG.PBL to generate .reg and .tlb (type library) files. We've installed PowerBuilder deployment on Windows NT 4.0 server and tried to register it with the system using "regsvr32.exe" program. We are getting an eror message: "C:\MyOLEServer.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. DllRegisterS...

using Ole with MS Word 8 and PB6.5
I am trying to replace a string with another string using Ole with MS Word 8 and PB6.5 ex: Dear <<name>> blah, blah, blah... I have not been able to find the right function. Can anyone help? James Barletta jbi@xoommail.com You could use the Mail Merge feature of Word and OLE Automation. I have posted an example script that does the work in the general or powerscript forum twice within the last month. James Barletta wrote in message ... >I am trying to replace a string with another string using Ole with MS Word 8 >and PB6.5 > >ex: >...

WORD OLE automation
The following code works perfectly with WORD6/Windows95/PB6, but does not work for WORD 97/NT. OLEObject lole_word string ls_mytext = "Trial text" li_rc = lole_word = CREATE OLEObject li_rc = lole_word.ConnectToNewObject("word.basic") // in NT WORD is opened INVISIBLY // It appears as a process in the Task Manager // li_rc = 0 li_rc = lole_word.FileNew("normal", 0) // Returns li_rc = NULL li_rc = lole_word.Insert(ls_mytext) // Not recognised by WORD97 li_rc = ...

OLE call to Word 8 (OFFICE 97) using BLOB failed.
Hi, Need Help regrading OLE connection to Word 8 via Blob column in datawindow. Following is the code, I am using to create a Word 8 template and store it in a blob column in datawindow dw_1. /*********************/ /* OLE PB Script */ /*********************/ Any olestatus Long returnval, count String filename, LS_text[], ls_HoldBmrk[], ls_docid, ls_docpath, ls_bookmark OLEObject ole_importbookmark Integer liReturn blob lblob_letter w_main.SetMicroHelp("Transferring bookmarks to document...") SetPointer(HourGlass!) gi_subpalletopenind[8,2] = 0 i_modifiedrow ...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

Bugs and Problems when using ActiveX ole controls in PB 6/7/8
Hello, fellows, I am trying using ActiveX controls in PB6.5, but when I want to get the properties or call the methods of the activex control, I cannot get the correct string when working in Chinese envirnment. The data type of the properties and the methods of the activex control is string. I have no such problem when the string is english. I test this in PB7 and PB8 also, I have the same problem. I know that the ActiveX control is created by VC++ and in VC++, the data type of all these properties and method of the control is "BSTR". Infact, I think, every ActiveX c...

WordPerfect: OLE automation through OLE control
OK, I connected to WordPerfect from PB6.5 by using OLEObject like: OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj= CREATE OLEobject li_rc=ole_obj.ConnectToNewObject ("WordPerfect.PerfectScript") ........ Now it accepts automation commands. But my goal is to start OLE automation through Object property of OLE control. Something like: ole_1.Activate(Offsite!) ole_obj=ole_1.Object.WordPerfect.PerfectScript ..... And that does not work though it does with Word. Does somebody know if it is possible at all to make OLE automation through OLE control and how to do that? Thanks ...

ole and Word 8
I have a PB app that use ole and Word. We're migrating to Word 8/Word97 and the change from wordbasic to VBA is a little confusing. I have code in PB wordbasic that looks like. ole_1.Object.application.wordbasic.EditReplace("APPROVED BY~tN/A",s_text,0,0,0,0,0,FALSE,TRUE,FALSE,0,0) Has anyone figured out how to do a EditReplace in VBA in Word 97 ??? Charles Stull ...

Word OLE automation
Would like to open word document using OLE after populating word using OLE Automation. The document should open up in print preview mode,and then using either VBA, or other code print or close from print preview. I want to supress all menus and commandbars from the word document. What code can i run from PB script to open in print preview and turn off menus and command bars, and put in two of my own command buttons. ...

Word OLE automation
I am about to embark on a PB 5.0 project that will require dynamic creation of documents for use with Word 97's mail merge capability. Being that this is my first time using OLE, as well as my first time programming Word, could anybody point me in the right direction (books, articles, web sites, etc.) to get me started? I've experimented a little with what I could find on Microsoft's and Sybase's sites, but I am looking for something more comprehensive. =============== Daniel Buki Software Developer Butte County (CA) Migrant Education cerkit@ncal.net In article...

Printing Word document using OLE or using ShellExecute API call
Originally I was only saving a DW or DS to PDF by doing the following: 1. Check if PDFWriter is available. 2. Change the default printer to PDFWriter and store the original default printer. 3. Set the PDF saveas path\filename in registry to avoid PDF SaveAs dialog 4. Print DW or DS 5. Clear out PDF saveas path\filename in registry 6. Restore default printer The above works great. Now I need to save Word documents in PDF format. Here's my dilema: =================== OPTION 1 - OLE Control =================== If I use OLE, everytime I open a document I get a new instance of ...

Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help.
Blank Hello folks, How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows? The situation as follows: I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band. I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External) fields: anytext, anynumeric values: first, 1 first, 2 first, 3 second, 1 second, 2 second, 3 I mapped OLE data as follows Group by: anytext Target Data: anytext ...

[...]

OLE-Word Header/Footer
Hi all I've searched the sites but haven't found info on this so I apologize if this a FAQ; We're using OLE to create/modify Word documents and saving them as a Blob in our DB; problem is that Header/Footer information doesn't seem to want to save in any consistent manner; sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. We use a mail-merge with a blank template to create the document. TIA Philippe I'm having the same problem. Have you had any success finding a resolution? -- John De Lello DelWare Software Solutions, LLC Programming solutions for...

OLE: How to save to a given format in excel using OLE
I could not figure out how to translate this Macro VB script from excel to PB OLE. Any suggestions? Thanks Sub Macro1() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\test1.xls", FileFormat:= xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False , CreateBackup:=False End Sub ...

Using OLE with Word 97
I would like to open a blank word document using an OLE container. The document is being opened off site. Then I want to construct some text (based on previous user selections) and insert it into the document. We use PB 6.5 My code is ole_1.object.application.wordbasic.editgoto ("begin") ole_1.object.application.worbdasic.insert ("This is a very small test") The first line works (at least it doesn't blow up). The second line blows up after I close Word. Does anyone know the real syntax. On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:43:45 -0500, in powersoft.public.power...

Using GetFullState with OLE Automation
Has anyone tried using GetFullState() in PB OLE automation? I crash consistently when the client attempts to call DisconnectObject. If I take the GetFullState() call out of the server code everything works fine. I also had problems using this in DPB but I was able to work around those problems. Has anyone tried using GetFullState/SetFullState in PB 6.0 at all? They would be great functions if they worked correctly. I noticed they dropped the functions from the help file in the final release. Sean Flynn OpenFrame Development Riverton Software ...

ActiveX, OLE Automation, OLEStorage
1.) Does anyone know how to create an ActiveX control in PB 6.0 or 6.5? 2.) I have utilized OLE automation to use some functionality of Excel and Word. Unfortunately, whenever I use the ConnectToNewObject() or ConnectToObject() functions of an OLEObject variable, either the entire application of Word or Excel application is opened behind the scenes. This is the case even though I only want to use a single function within these applications. It seems like a waste to load the entire application to get just at simple functionality. Is it possible to open lightweight component applicatio...

Word 6 OLE automation
Hi, I'm using OLE automation with Word 6 to perform a mail merge. Most of the methods work OK (FileOpen, FilePrint etc.) but some of them don't (FileClose). PB says : Error calling external object function blablabla ... The function's name is OK, and the parameters also. I've debugged the externalexception event, and the OLE server tells me that I've tried to handle an element like a function when it isn't. The bizarre thing is that, calling a macro with that instruction (FileClose) works. Perhaps the solution is putting all the code in the macro ? ...

Web resources about - Using OLE Automation with Word 8 - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a hierarchical presentation of automation topics, see Outline of automation . For other uses, see Automation (disambiguation) . Automation ...

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Facebook Ads API Partner AdStage: Campaign Automation, $6.25M Series A Funding
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Mind blown! Facebook’s f8 makes a mobile move into marketing automation
... Thus, you’ll need to build a mobile app (if you’re enterprise) or use an app-building platform (such as GroSocial). The marketing automation ...

Automation Heroes (@automationhero) on Twitter

Automation World
Automation World is your link to the why and how of manufacturing automation. The purpose of this group is to connect manufacturing engineers,... ...

Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit offers easy automation
Home automation and monitoring is getting easier than ever. The days when you had to hire a contractor to wire up your home for security or to ...

Factory Automation Will Speed Forward with A.I., Says Bernstein
... tech-industrial companies such as Corning (GLW) and AU Optronics (AUO), this afternoon offered up a thinks piece on robotics and factory automation, ...

Automation will take away more than 100,000 jobs within 20 years in the UK
... and Edinburgh, 1 in 20 vacancies could face a similar fate. "We’ve heard that more than a third of current British jobs may be lost to automation, ...

WEF: Robots, automation and AI will replace 5 million human jobs by 2020
... job losses can be offset by employment growth in other areas. WEF estimated that 7.1 million jobs could be lost through redundancy, automation ...