Use OLE COM Objects in PowerBuilder

Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5?
I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do not know how to
instanciate an object and use it's methods/properties in PB.
Thank you in advance.

0
Bob

Take a look at the CreateObject() function.  Does that help?

Regards

Costas Tsaklas[Team Powersoft]
Elevated Technologies, Inc.
www.elevatedtech.com

Bob Whelan wrote in message <3467BB57.599F4519@pin-corp.com>...
>Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5?
>I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do not know how to
>instanciate an object and use it's methods/properties in PB.
>Thank you in advance.

0
Costas

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1 with PFC. I'm trying to right Mail Merge like function in a system. Thus, we've to keep the merged document into history for later referece. I'm wondering the difference between OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object??? Can anyone give some ideas on the above and what is the usage of it?? On the other hand, I'm wondering whether I'm using the RTE dw object for mail merge and then save the whole content into a OLE Database blob column, or using OLE control to MS Word + using DDE to transfer the data to MS Word?? ...

Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help.
Blank Hello folks, How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows? The situation as follows: I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band. I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External) fields: anytext, anynumeric values: first, 1 first, 2 first, 3 second, 1 second, 2 second, 3 I mapped OLE data as follows Group by: anytext Target Data: anytext ...

[...]

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE objects, Newbie using OLE demo table
What's up with the inplace and offsite activation? More specifically if I tie events to the itemchanged event of a datawindow using either inplace or offsite, both open offsite! What's up with that? Ok, here's the kicker, when I put those same commands in the double-clicked event of the datawindow I get the error "Error accessing external object property activate at line 10 in double-clicked event of object dw_word of dw_word." Thanks, Christian GOT IT! http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=42411 -Christian Christian wrote: &g...

Is possible use PB Object as like COM/OLE Object but in Java, with a Proxy class ??
I'd like to use my PB object from Apache/Tomcat without EAServer ,is it possible ??? What about Java Proxy project in PB 6.5-7, what was this ?? Thanks in advance You can use PB Components in any clients, Java,VB,PB,Delphi etc etc etc "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko@tiscali.it> wrote in message news:j9VZLGSJCHA.654@forums.sybase.com... > I'd like to use my PB object from Apache/Tomcat without EAServer ,is it > possible ??? > > What about Java Proxy project in PB 6.5-7, what was this ?? > > Thanks in advance > > Can you ...

OLE Object properties of type OLE Object
I have 2 ocx's, both of which have a property of type OLEObject. One object initializes this property, the other one then needs to use it. However I cannot make an assignment like this work : ole_2.Object.Session = ole_1.Object.Session Session is the property name of the type OLEObject property for both ocx's. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Ian Foutz ifoutz@kpmg.com ...

how to use windows explorer as a COM/OLE object ?
Hi, I need to create something that looks exactly like explorer on a window, so it would be nice if I could simply take the explorer-object. But, I can't find it on the OLE-tab of the browser ? Has anyone ever tried to do something with windows explorer (winNT) ? Or, does anyone knows the class name or where to start looking for it ? (I'm a newbee if not already clear) In the topic 'implementing a folder view' MSDN tells me about the IShellView Interface, can I do something with that information ? any hints appreciated !! thx, Heidi ...

Tip Thread
Hi all, Just a few more tips to hopefully help my fellow developers save some valuable development time by avoiding some of the issues I've suffered through: OLE Automation Server Object Issues: As I've mentioned before in the Tip Thread - Creating COM Objects (Restatement), using OLE Automation Server (simply "Automation Server" in 7.0) is a great alternative to using the COM generator since with OLE Automation Server objects you be able to create COM objects from any PB NVO that contains non-private references to any PB specific datatypes, like PB NVO's, u...

Using SAP R/3 OLE Object in PowerBuilder
Hi All, We have tried to integrate a PB6.5 application with SAP R/3 version 4.0B. We have succeeded in establishing the connection using OleObject. But we are unable to assign value to a cell in an SAP table which is a table parameter in SAP RFC function module. We used the 'CELL' property of the 'TABLE' object for this. We encountered syntax error when we used <<<tableobject.cell(1,2) = "AAA" >>> and an application runtime error when we used <<<tableobject.cell(1,2).value = "AAA">>> We could retrieve...

Web resources about - Use OLE COM Objects in PowerBuilder - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles