Problem w/ MS Word OLE Control on ActivePrinter()

Please help,

I am trying to dynamically change printer using MS Word's OLE object
(function name is ActivePrinter()), and it does not seem to work.  Does
anyone have any idea as to how or why that function call fails?

p.s. It returns the default printer when I don't pass in any parameter, but
I can't set another one using the same function.

BWY

I came up with a workaround by changing the default printer by calling
n_cst_platform.of_printdlg().

BWY wrote:

> Please help,
>
> I am trying to dynamically change printer using MS Word's OLE object
> (function name is ActivePrinter()), and it does not seem to work.  Does
> anyone have any idea as to how or why that function call fails?
>
> p.s. It returns the default printer when I don't pass in any parameter, but
> I can't set another one using the same function.
>
> Thanks

0
Todd

OLE (MS-Word) Control
Hi everybody! I hope I say this all correctly, cause I have only about 6 months experience with PowerBuilder. I'm using version 6.5.1 of PowerBuilder... I have a datawindow where I have placed an OLE control (an MS-Word doc built in Office 97) in the detail band of the datawindow. The Word document is "linked" not "imbeded". The idea is to merge some addresses (Sybase columns) with the Word doc and print it. All of that works great, however once I print the datawindow (using PFC_PRINT), my mouse will appear normal, but clicking on anything, anywhere in...

OLE (MS-Word) Control
Hi everybody! I hope I say this all correctly, cause I have only about 6 months experience with PowerBuilder. I'm using version 6.5.1 of PowerBuilder... I have a datawindow where I have placed an OLE control (an MS-Word doc built in Office 97) in the detail band of the datawindow. The Word document is "linked" not "imbeded". The idea is to merge some addresses (Sybase columns) with the Word doc and print it. All of that works great, however once I print the datawindow (using PFC_PRINT), my mouse will appear normal, but clicking on anything, anywhere in...

MS Word OLE Problem
I am trying to get page count from a Word document. I have a macro that will get the 'accurate' page count and I want it to return the page count to where I called it in my Powerbuilder application. The following powerbuilder function is what I am using to call the Word macro: //************************************************************************ long l_pages OLEObject ole_word ole_word = CREATE oleobject l_pages = 0 IF ole_word.ConnectToNewObject("word.application.9") = 0 THEN ole_word.Visible=TRUE ole_word.Documents.open("C:\\Temp\test....

Ole control w/ word 95 vs word 97 (page layout)
PB 5.03 Win 95 Word 95 and Word 97 I have a window with an OLE control. The control's attributes are: Contents: Embedded; Activation: Manual; Display Type: Contents; Link Update: Manual. The word document being 'inserted' (used as the 'InsertFile' argument) has a header. On a machine containing Word 95, the document is always displayed in 'page layout view' (in order to show the header). Hovever, on a machine containing Word 97, the document is always displayed in 'normal view'. How can I control the view format on the word 97 machine. I assu...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Control and WORD
Dear All, Appreciate all yr help on this. Using PB6.5 with Sybase database. Chronologically of events during PB pgm execution are as folls: [1] Double-clicked the OLE Control within a tab page in order to edit the WORD document [2] Resize the OLE container by manually dragging the sides of it so that I can see the rest of the document. [3] To terminate the editing, I clicked outside of the OLE Container. Problem: I noticed that the OLE control original position (centralised position within the tabpage) has been re-postioned to the bottom right-hand corner of the tabp...

Problem with a OLE object (Ms Word)
Hello, I'm trying to use an OLE object in my application to access a MS Word file. To do that, I'm using a control in my window and I've associated the doc file into this control... The thing is that I would like to Scroll Up/Down the pages from a button in the window... For this, I use the Visual Basic Method for MSWord called "PageScroll"... but I don't know why it doesn't work. Could anybody help me? Thank you in advance... That method is a property of the Window object within Word. What you would need to do is something like: ole_contr...

MS Word 2000 OLE problems
I am attempting to open a word document from PB to create a mail merge within MS Word 2000 however, whenever I attempt to open word I receive the message: OLE External Exception: This command is not available becacause no document is open. Helpfile (Development message Only): C:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\wdmain9.chm Help Context (Development message Only): 37016 Has anyone seen this error before? This problem has only occured recently and does not seem to be a problem related to our PB code as previously we had no problems and this error has come about suddenly....

OLE Custom Control vs. OLE Control
I am using PB 6.0, and am hoping someone can explain something to me. I created a Standard Visual user object based on the olecontrol class (referencing Word). This is called an OLE Custom Control, or at least that's what the properties window says. Why is this different than a regular OLE control? Why is the objectdata attribute not valid? Why are some of the events missing (i.e. close, save, and rename)? These events automatically are included in a regular OLE control. Seems odd to me that you can't inherit from the base olecontrol object, but then again, OLE in gen...

Problem in inserting text to MS Word through OLE
Hi, I am having a problem. I call MS Word 2K as OLE server, and use the VBA insertbefore/insertafter function to insert text to the word document, while the text I enter are either english or digit are ok. But if I enter some special character (japanese/chinese), there are some strange characters appear at the end of the text. Does anyone get this problem and know how to fix it? Stewart ...

Open MS Word Read only in OLE control
Hi, How can I open a word document in OLE control in READ ONLY mode?. Please give me the syntax of the command to use. Here is how I open the document. I am able to open the document, but in Read /Write mode. IF Len( ole_word.DocFileName ) < 2 OR ole_word.DocFileName <> ls_LocDocFile THEN ole_word.Clear() ole_word.InsertClass( "word.document" ) ole_word.Open( ls_LocDocFile) END IF Thanks a lot Vinod Thomas V Thomas wrote: > How can I open a word document in OLE control in READ ONLY > mode?. Please give me the syntax of the command to use. He...

OLE/MS Word Problem during mail merge
Hi, I posted a similar question recently and didn't get a response, and I have done some more research since then. My problem is that we are using MS Word macros to do a mail merge from PowerBuilder, and we run into problems when doing very large (2500-3000) numbers of documents during one batch run. We launch a macro from powerbuilder using OLE, and the macro goes and reads a file and uses the information in that file to populate a print a number of templates. But something seems to go wrong in particularly large runs. Below I have a simplified version of the process w...

ole control not in ole list
Using PB 7.0. I have an OLE control registered which is not in my list of ole objects which are available to be inserted onto a window. Here's the catch. While the control, nethubp.dll, is located in the win\system folder and registered, inorder to use the control properly, I have to go into the oleviewer and remove the "Path To Implementation". This is because at runtime, the dll is accessed from my server, not on the local computer. I can find the control up until I remove the Implementation Path. Any suggestion? The control works fine in a VB app. I need help AS...

Web resources about - Problem w/ MS Word OLE Control on ActivePrinter() - sybase.ole-ocx-activex