PowerBuilder, COM and databases

Does anybody know if there are any restrictions or limitations on what
backend databases can be connected to using a COM object created in
PowerBuilder?

I guess the answer depends on which PB version is used, so assume I'm
using PowerBuilder 6. Will I need any patches to standard PB6 to
reliably create COM components?

John Waller

John Waller                                   Technosys Ltd.
Email: WallerJ@technosys.co.uk                    Stonecourt
Tel: (01203) 240431                             Siskin Drive
                                   Middlemarch Business Park
Fax: (01203) 240401                                 Coventry
Web: http://www.technosys.co.uk/                     CV3 4FJ
wallerj

VB COM (ActiveX dll) OLE from Powerbuilder 10.5
Hello, I have folder/file backup function in my application. To notify the PB window of the progress and status of the backup I use the CopyFileEx (which uses callback) windows api function in visual basic to achieve the file backup The VB project has one main module and one class. The module contains the callback function (the function that will be called by CopyFileEx to notify about the changes and progress of the copy. It also contains the caller function that initiate the CopyFileEx. All that the callback function does is to send a message to a registered PB window ab...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Use OLE COM Objects in PowerBuilder
Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do not know how to instanciate an object and use it's methods/properties in PB. Thank you in advance. Take a look at the CreateObject() function. Does that help? Regards Costas Tsaklas[Team Powersoft] Elevated Technologies, Inc. www.elevatedtech.com Bob Whelan wrote in message <3467BB57.599F4519@pin-corp.com>... >Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? >I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do no...

insert ActiveX
I want to use MSCOMM32.ocx in powerbuilder. First, run regsver32.exe to registor it. Then, I use powerbuilder to insert object by OLE. But messagebox show "ole file is failed, license file is required." I don't know how to registor it. Help me!!! regsvr32 MSCOMM32.ocx assuming you are in the directory that the file resides in. <Halina> wrote in message news:640181D0D99A3028002A452185256A7E.002A453285256A7E@webforums... > I want to use MSCOMM32.ocx in powerbuilder. First, run regsver32.exe to > registor it. Then, I use powerbuilder to insert object b...

OCX or Activex for COM Port Communications
Is there any OCX or Activex component to handle Com port communications? I searched the PB help files for Com port programming and found nothing. Thanks Ulises uloubrie@gmgw.com jloubriel@hotmail.com Yes there is. Microsoft has a MSCOMM control. One problem however is that you have to wait a 1/2 second after you get the event to read the part before you actually read it otherwise you won't get all the message. Check the MSDN for documentation on this control. Ulises <uloubrie@gmgw.com> wrote in message news:BcuTRhlI$GA.196@forums.sybase.com... > Is ther...

Recompile PowerBuilder applicarion as ActiveX or OCX
Is it possible to recompile an existing PowerBuilder 5 application as an ActiveX or OCX component that can then be embedded into a Visual Basic application. Basically I would like to reuse an existing PowerBuilder app (or at least sections of it) as part of a new application developed within VB so that it looks like and behaves like a single application. Many thanks Oliver See Application Techniques documentation for the topic "Runtime Automation Server" /ck <Oliver_Lennon> wrote in message news:575D3149D64D5D9F007CF8AE85256C6F.007CF8BE85256C6F@webforums....

Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup
Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup. This is a forum for discussion on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder. Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your development needs for enhancements and any other feedback. All posted messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on Powersoft's InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information that is extremely valuable to other developers. This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not the purpose of this newsgroup service to allo...

Why do more ActiveX OCX controls show up in Excel than PowerBuilder
I am brutally frustrated. I am still using PB5.0.4 - I know there are more updated versions. But I still shouldn't have the problems I am experiencing. Why is it that Microsoft's Web ActiveX control shows up in Excel's toolbox list of active x controls but it doesn't show up in my PB toolbox? I am using Windows NT 4.0 SP4, I was told that a friend can see the controls in Windows 95 of the same PB version. Its not just the MS Web Control, I experienced this problem with Dart Communciations http control also. Interestingly enough, the package which contain Dart's ht...

How to handle events from a COM object ( not ActiveX) in Powerbuilder
I need to catch the events fired from COM object in powerbuilder application. Object is initialized as following: ole_custom = Create OLEObject ole_custom.ConnectToNewObject("Custom.Custom.1") custom.dll is COM dll and fires event JobDone(string status) How I can get this working. Thanks It's explained a bit in Microsoft technote 238983. The particular example given is for Microsoft Office, but the approach is for any OLE Automation object http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238983 I...

what's the difference between COM and OLE and ActiveX
Hi all, what's the difference between COM and OLE and ActiveX? Do they invoke PBVM60.dll when they are called? If so how many copies of PBVM60.dll are loaded into memory? Lei XU I would try http://www.microsoft.com/com/default.asp Dean Jugar wrote in message ... >Hi all, > >what's the difference between COM and OLE and ActiveX? > >Do they invoke PBVM60.dll when they are called? If so >how many copies of PBVM60.dll are loaded into memory? > >Lei XU > > ...

How to handle events from cusom COM control ( not ActiveX) in Powerbuilder
I need to catch the events fired from COM object in powerbuilder application. Object is initialized as following: ole_custom = Create OLEObject ole_custom.ConnectToNewObject("Custom.Custom.1") custom.dll is COM dll and fires event JobDone(string status) How I can get this working. Thanks in advance There's a sample on CodeXchange using PBNI. It's a bit of work. If possible, it's perhaps simpler to create an ActiveX wrapper for the object, which PB can easily respond to the events from. On 24 Apr 2007 21:44:28 -0700, LittleMud <LittleMud@citi...

Reverse Engieering Database failed using OLE Automation by PowerBuilder
Hi: I use PowerDesigner OLE Automation to reverse engineering database using PowerBuilder language.The interactive Mode setting is batch mode.I can connect to database. Then this program execute reverse engineering database with ODBC.The result is a empty PDM.The reverse output shows reverse engineering is successfully.Described as below: //Reverse Output begin Reverse Engineering Reverse engineers the database ... Database successfully reverse engineered //Reverse Output end If I set interactive Mode to non-batch mode,the reverse engineering will be successfully ...

Send Event from VisualBasic COM ocx to Powerbuilder with several string variables
Hi all, I got the similar question as Mihrap regarding raiseEvent from VB (OCX). I want to send out a Event with several String variables from VB ocx to Powerbuilder. Is it possible ? My friend told me that powerbuilder can receive the strings properly if I use string array (CSTRING) in VB, is it true ? Is SendMessage and PostMessage (Dave Mills's suggestion) are the ONLY way to send event to powerbuilder ? Can I use "RaiseEvent" in VB to send event to powerbuilder ? I have tried to use RaiseEvent in VB ocx but in powerbuilder I can't receive event from this ocx. ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder, COM and databases - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles