PB8 crashes when selecting to insert ole control

Hi,
            I am having a problem when I try to insert a ole control onto a
window.  When I choose the insert control tab to select my ole control PB
crashes.  I am on the version 8.04 build 10923.  The dll it crashes on is
msvcrt.dll, I am on windows XP SP2.  I have tried to narrow it down using
process monitor with no luck.  I tried deleteing the entire
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0\OLE Object Bitmaps folder
in the registry, but it didn't fix it.  I also have PB10.5 loaded and it
works fine there.  Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,
- Brian

0
Brian

Try dragging the control from the system tree, components pane where you
have expanded the activeX controls, control tree and found the control you
want to place on the window.

Alex
"Brian Prom" <brian.prom@acs-inc.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>             I am having a problem when I try to insert a ole control onto
> window.  When I choose the insert control tab to select my ole control PB
> crashes.  I am on the version 8.04 build 10923.  The dll it crashes on is
> msvcrt.dll, I am on windows XP SP2.  I have tried to narrow it down using
> process monitor with no luck.  I tried deleteing the entire
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0\OLE Object Bitmaps
folder
> in the registry, but it didn't fix it.  I also have PB10.5 loaded and it
> works fine there.  Is there anything else I can try?
>
> Thanks,
> - Brian

0
Alex
12/12/2006 6:40:21 PM
I don't get that far, before the list is presented, PB crashes.

"Alex Whitney" <alexw55@pdq.net> wrote in message
> Try dragging the control from the system tree, components pane where you
> have expanded the activeX controls, control tree and found the control you
> want to place on the window.
>
> Alex
> "Brian Prom" <brian.prom@acs-inc.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>             I am having a problem when I try to insert a ole control onto
>> window.  When I choose the insert control tab to select my ole control PB
>> crashes.  I am on the version 8.04 build 10923.  The dll it crashes on is
>> msvcrt.dll, I am on windows XP SP2.  I have tried to narrow it down using
>> process monitor with no luck.  I tried deleteing the entire
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0\OLE Object Bitmaps
> folder
>> in the registry, but it didn't fix it.  I also have PB10.5 loaded and it
>> works fine there.  Is there anything else I can try?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> - Brian

0
Brian
12/12/2006 8:05:24 PM
I get that too.  PB also crashes when I try to use the object browser, ole
object tab.

Mike

>I don't get that far, before the list is presented, PB crashes.
>

> "Alex Whitney" <alexw55@pdq.net> wrote in message
>> Try dragging the control from the system tree, components pane where you
>> have expanded the activeX controls, control tree and found the control
>> you
>> want to place on the window.
>>
>> Alex
>> "Brian Prom" <brian.prom@acs-inc.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>             I am having a problem when I try to insert a ole control
>>> onto
>>> window.  When I choose the insert control tab to select my ole control
>>> PB
>>> crashes.  I am on the version 8.04 build 10923.  The dll it crashes on
>>> is
>>> msvcrt.dll, I am on windows XP SP2.  I have tried to narrow it down
>>> using
>>> process monitor with no luck.  I tried deleteing the entire
>>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0\OLE Object Bitmaps
>> folder
>>> in the registry, but it didn't fix it.  I also have PB10.5 loaded and it
>>> works fine there.  Is there anything else I can try?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> - Brian

0
Michael

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

OLE/OLX Controls Not Listed When Insert Control Tab Selected
I am a developer working with a team to provide an Internet application to be written using Powerbuilder 5.0.03. All developers have the following Powerbuilder Development Environment: a. Windows 95 (Microsoft product) b. Powerbuilder Enterprise/32 Version 5.0.03 (Powersoft product) c. PowerTCP For PB5 (Dart Communications product) I have installed PowerTCP and it self-registered various OCX files into c:\windows\system example: (ptftp32.ocx, pttcp32.ocx, etc....) I have developed a new Window where I want to place ptftp32.ocx (ftp control). Other co-workers have begun their prog...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Custom Control vs. OLE Control
I am using PB 6.0, and am hoping someone can explain something to me. I created a Standard Visual user object based on the olecontrol class (referencing Word). This is called an OLE Custom Control, or at least that's what the properties window says. Why is this different than a regular OLE control? Why is the objectdata attribute not valid? Why are some of the events missing (i.e. close, save, and rename)? These events automatically are included in a regular OLE control. Seems odd to me that you can't inherit from the base olecontrol object, but then again, OLE in gen...

PB crash when inserting OLE control
Hello! I've been trying to use ActiveX control with PB 7 without success. The behavior is the same on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a and Windows 2000 Professional, running on a Dell Pentium Pro 200 system with 128MB of RAM. Here's what I do: 1) Define a new window in an existing application 2) Select Insert > Control > OLE from the menu 3) In the Insert Object dialog, click on the Insert Control tab 4) PowerBuilder crashes, with the following results: Windows NT Version 5.00 Build 2195 PB70.exe caused fault #c0000005 in MSVCRT.DLL at address 001b:78004a16 Registers: EAX=003...

Crash When Trying to Insert an OLE Control
I'm trying to insert an OLE control. When I click the "Insert Control" tab on the Insert Object dialog box, I immediately get a message box that reads "Out of Memory". When I click Cancel on that message box, I get "Insufficient memeory to continue" and Powerbuilder crashes. Note that the ocx I'm trying to select is not too big, I never get a chance to select the ocx. I using Powerbulder version 7.0.3 build 10077 and running Windows 2000 Professional. Please help. Thanks, Larry Stevens I have the same problem and same config. i.e....

PB Crashes when attempting to insert OLE control
Just realized that I can't insert an OLE control. Not a good time since I need to be able to insert one. If I try to insert an ole control, the insert object dialog opens. However, when I select the "insert control" tab, PowerBuilder crashes. Through some perusing of the newsgroups, I was also able to determine that if I opened the object browser and double clicked the "OLE Custom Controls" node, PowerBuilder crashes there also. Now here's the catch. This is in PB9.0.3 Build 8784. When I try to do the same thing in PB10.0.2 Build 9761, everyth...

ole control not in ole list
Using PB 7.0. I have an OLE control registered which is not in my list of ole objects which are available to be inserted onto a window. Here's the catch. While the control, nethubp.dll, is located in the win\system folder and registered, inorder to use the control properly, I have to go into the oleviewer and remove the "Path To Implementation". This is because at runtime, the dll is accessed from my server, not on the local computer. I can find the control up until I remove the Implementation Path. Any suggestion? The control works fine in a VB app. I need help AS...

OLE/OCX Controls Not Listed In Insert Object Table
[...]

PB 9 Insert OLE OCX control error
Dear All, I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7534 and I am trying to insert an OCX control onto a form ... so I choose OLE from tool bar and the "Insert Object" window opens ... so I choose the "Insert Contro" tab ... the moment i choose this tab I get the follwoing error: pb90.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x77c1beab" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program I removed all Antivirus software from my PC and...

PB 6.5 crashes when trying to insert an OLE control
Hi everybody, I have an app in PowerBuilder 6.5 (DBMS MS SQL Server 2000, OS: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 2). We've created an OCX using VisualBasic. We had previously inserted it into a Custom Visual User Object without any problems. In fact, the app is working with the client normally. Time passed by... and now, we can't do it. When we Click Controls \ OLE a Insert Object window displays. We can switch between the "Create New" and "Create From File" tabs. However, when we click in the "Insert Control" tab, PB crashes. The err...

Web resources about - PB8 crashes when selecting to insert ole control - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Consultation Document on the Methods for Selecting the Chief Executive and for Forming the LegCo in 2012 ...
The " Consultation Document on the Methods for Selecting the Chief Executive and for Forming the LegCo in 2012 " was a document published on ...

Voting Machine Caught on Camera Casting Ballot for Democrat when Selecting Republican - YouTube
**UPDATE.... I've heard many reports that this is "just a calibration issue." I will say this... when I went to page 2 and began voting for city ...

Selecting The Right Jeans
Fit, style, cut, colour and wash all factor into the pursuit for great denim.

Clock ticking on selecting successor to Leigh Clifford at Qantas
With Qantas on course to chalk up its largest annual profit since 2008, the question now is whether chairman Leigh Clifford is looking to hang ...

Why are the reserves selecting the team?
Backbenchers are the reserves of the parliamentary system. They are newcomers.

Jackie French: Why selecting the right place for your plants is important
The secret of growing anything easily is to choose the best spot for what you want to grow.

Netflix turns to pirates when selecting new shows
Imagine the surprise, then, when the popular video streaming site admitted that it actually turns to torrenters for inspiration. "With the purchase ...

Boston Marathon bombing trial: Judge, lawyers face challenges in selecting jurors - CTV News
As the second phase of jury selection began in the federal death penalty trial of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, it immediately ...

Selecting cabinet one of first orders of business for Trudeau
One of the first orders of business for any new prime minister is picking a cabinet. Who is likely to make the cut?

Agile Analysis, Self-Selecting Teams, TDD & BDD in Methods & Tools Winter 2014 issue
... for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Winter 2014 issue that discusses Agile Analysis, Self-Selecting ...