PB 11.5 (3127) and OLE Web Browser - need return error code

I am able to Navigate to an url, but if for some reason the url is odwn,
does not exists - how do I get a return code to tell me this?

Basically

Navigate to www.weather.com
    for some unknown reason it does not work, doesn't exist.
I need to get access to a return code like it FAILED.

integer    li_returncode
ls_url = www.weather.com
li_returncode = ole_1.object.Navigate(ls_url )

But it returns an error that it "cannot convert an oleobject in Any variable
to integer".

Help

Thanks,

Tom

0
Thomas

You could try:

li_returncode = integer(ole_1.object.Navigate(ls_url ))

But, this always returns 'null' for me.  Does not seem to be
a return from Navigate().

Look at  http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47945

So, you need to handle the NavigateError event.

See:

http://www.com.it-berater.org/COM/webbrowser/webbrowser_control.htm

Esp.: 'NavigateError Event Status Codes'
towards the bottom.

HTH  KL

> I am able to Navigate to an url, but if for some reason
> the url is odwn,  does not exists - how do I get a return
> code to tell me this?
>
> Basically
>
> Navigate to www.weather.com
>     for some unknown reason it does not work, doesn't
> exist. I need to get access to a return code like it
> FAILED.
>
> integer    li_returncode
> ls_url = www.weather.com
> li_returncode = ole_1.object.Navigate(ls_url )
>
> But it returns an error that it "cannot convert an
> oleobject in Any variable  to integer".
>
> Help
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

0
KL
4/24/2009 3:46:03 PM
Use the navigateerror event of the webbrowser control:

ls_StatusCode = string(statuscode)

NavigateError Event
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb268221(VS.85).aspx

NavigateError Event Status Codes
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb268233(VS.85).aspx

> You could try:
>
> li_returncode = integer(ole_1.object.Navigate(ls_url ))
>
> But, this always returns 'null' for me.  Does not seem to
> be a return from Navigate().
>
> Look at  http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47945
>
> So, you need to handle the NavigateError event.
>
> See:

http://www.com.it-berater.org/COM/webbrowser/webbrowser_control.htm

> Esp.: 'NavigateError Event Status Codes'
> towards the bottom.
>
> HTH  KL
>

> > I am able to Navigate to an url, but if for some reason
> > the url is odwn,  does not exists - how do I get a
> > return code to tell me this?
> >
> > Basically
> >
> > Navigate to www.weather.com
> >     for some unknown reason it does not work, doesn't
> > exist. I need to get access to a return code like it
> > FAILED.
> >
> > integer    li_returncode
> > ls_url = www.weather.com
> > li_returncode = ole_1.object.Navigate(ls_url )
> >
> > But it returns an error that it "cannot convert an
> > oleobject in Any variable  to integer".
> >
> > Help
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tom

0
mitch

PB 11.5 (3127) Web Services .NET Cannot access the WSDL error
Developers PC info PB 11.5 (build 3127) XP Pro SP3 ..Net Framework 3.5 Tried creating a .NET engine proxy and I am getting an error. Any ideas why I can't get it to create???? 'Cannot access the WSDL or the WSDL file is invalid. (http://address-verify.transferexpress.com/service.asmx?WSDL)' FYI - YOU will not be able to get to this site since it is internal if you try to test it. If I use the EasySoap WSDL engine it will create it and work, but I want to use the .NET WSDL engine. Below is the WSDL info and attached are screenshots when I am building the ...

PB 8 to PB 11.5 OLE convertion issue
Hi, I got a PFC based app that was converted from PB 8 to PB 11.5. It got and OLE control that launches MS Word so that user can type in stuff and description they want and save it to the DB. My issue is that when after the upgrade, the OLE is behaving erratically. Every time I try to change a property on that object it just kept on bumming thus causing a GPF type of error. I need to fix and change somethings on this object but every time i try it just keep on breaking and getting a GPF. Any thoughts of what else can I do? I even try editing the source, it didn't work e...

PB 9 code compile error in PB 11.5
Hi I migrated my application from PB 9 to PB 11.5.When i build the application i got the errors in the line given below. pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable`os_UpdCharacteristics lstr_Null [ ] The above line compiled successfully in PB 9 but in PB 11.5 i am getting a error as below cs5dwsrv.pbl(cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type: &2 cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable (ippcost) - Edit Source`pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable Appreciate your response so much. Thanks Sree "Sreedharan T L" <sthiruka@in.ibm.com> wrote in message n...

PB 10.5 build 4523 MS Web Browser OLE won't open XP ok 2000
Any ideas what is wrong? This imbedded browser opened in 9.01 in XP and 2000, but won't open in in 10.5 XP. Ok in 2000. ...

OLE Web Browser in PB
We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser to open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which are avialable thru it. If would be great if anyone could provide me with some information regarding the functions /events avialable in the OLE web Browser. Basically, you want ole_web_browser.object.Navigate(ls_Url). Here's your resource: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa752043.aspx > We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser > to open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which > are avialable thru it. If would be great ...

Error in PFC while migrating from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: I've recently migrated our software from PB 5 to PB 11.5. While migrating it shows an error in of_prepprint of object pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report -- "Duplicate variable: ls_objects" Please help me to resolve this issue.. Thanks Robin AFAIK you only need the declaration of ls_objects as an array. String ls_Objects[] Delete the other non-array declaration and/or compare the function with the one at codeplex. http://pfc.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/55448#301172 hth Arnd On 21 Sep 2010 12:42:31 -0700, Robin wrote: >Hell...

PB 11.5
Hi, I've inserted an OLE PDF Control in a window and used LoadFile successfully. How can I close/clear the OLE ? Regards, Didier ...

pb ole web browser post or get
Does navigate do a post or a get? If it does a get how do I do a post? GET -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "ChrisHart" <chris.hart@turner.com> wrote in message news:4020288d$1@forums-1-dub... > Does navigate do a post or a get? If it does a get how do I do a post? > > i don't know how to do a post but a know what could be a workaround create a temporary webpage with a form holding all the values you want to post and a automated submit in its onload attribute and just o...

50-OLE/Bitmaps: OLE Control will not display Bitmaps (PB 5.0)
I have a simple app that displays the scanned image of a form when the user selects the form�s ID from a list. The only problem is, the images are not appearing in the DB OLE Control. I have been able to view the images using MS Access so I�m pretty sure that it�s not a DB issue. TIA for any Help. Richard tecnica_salud@ibersis.com Please include RICHARD in the subject ...

ole web browser control resize and PB 9
I have problem has developed with resizing the ole web browser control when I went to Build 7066 from Build 6066. It originally opened correctly but now it does not. Any help and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated. THIS.width = w THIS.height = h ole_web_browser.resize(w, h) ole_web_browser.object.width = unitstopixels(w, XUnitsToPixels!) ole_web_browser.object.height = unitstopixels(h, YUnitsToPixels!) This is a regression in 7066. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com <Jason Gilliss> wrote i...

PB 9 Insert OLE OCX control error
Dear All, I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7534 and I am trying to insert an OCX control onto a form ... so I choose OLE from tool bar and the "Insert Object" window opens ... so I choose the "Insert Contro" tab ... the moment i choose this tab I get the follwoing error: pb90.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x77c1beab" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program I removed all Antivirus software from my PC and...

I don't see a OLE AUTOMATION component already registered in the PB OLE browser
version PB : 6.5.1 I have some AUTOMATION components, made from PERL, which are registered the connection from PB to these objects works, but I don't arrive to see them into the PB browser, inside the tab OLE. Why ? Do we forgott something ? They should be under the Programmable Object folder in the OLE tab. Is that where you were looking? -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Patrick Marduel" <patrick.marduel@power.alstom.com> wrote in message news:m8#mf1A...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

PB 11.5 web deployment registry key error
to deploy my web forms application to the remote web host, i followed the sybooks instructions and put all required DLLs into sybase\powerbuilder\shared directory on the host, which directory is in the path. i also imported the registry key [HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\PBExceptionTrace] to the host registry. when running the web application on the remote host, i am getting the following: Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Sybase.PowerBuilder.Core, Version=11.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b76b10796def6a00...

PB 5, OLE's, and OCX's
Anyone have an idea that may solve this one: I create an OLE object, connect to a COM object, then use the COM object via OLE accordingly. However, when I build the application, the OLE object isn't being created. I created an ActiveX control (OCX) however PB 5 will no longer recognize, a.k.a. "see", the OCX control. Any ideas? Unfortunately, not by my choice, I don't have the option to migrate to a better version of Power Builder. Have you tried registering the ocx file... System32\regsvr32.exe directory\name.ocx HTH <Superman> wrote in me...

Web resources about - PB 11.5 (3127) and OLE Web Browser - need return error code - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Blind Browser
Nifty idea from Charlie Deets: a browser for web designers working on retina displays, to test how sites look on non-retina displays.

Chromium (web browser) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the major aims of the project is for Chrome to be a tabbed window manager, or shell for the web, as opposed to it being a traditional browser ...

Write Swift code in a web browser with the IBM Swift Sandbox
... For more news on iOS Devices , Apple , and iOS continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Write Swift code in a web browser ...

Samsung Launches Web Browser for Gear VR Headset
Samsung has launched a Web browser for use on its Gear VR virtual reality headset. The Samsung Internet for Gear VR app allows users to browse ...

PSA: Latest Humble Bundle lets you play 19 Neo-Geo games in your browser
Art of Fighting 2 —and 18 other SNK Neo-Geo classics—can now be played legally and easily in a Chrome or Firefox web browser thanks to this week's ...

Microsoft settles shareholders' lawsuit over browser blunder
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) executives settled a lawsuit with shareholders after a "technical error" cost the company a $732 million fine from European ...

One of Google Chrome's best features is coming to Microsoft's new web browser
Microsoft Edge, the replacement for Internet Explorer, could be about to get browser extensions after launching without them, according to a ...

Xbox One system update rolling out, tweaks Edge browser
Latest system patch to introduce various bug fixes across system.

Microsoft's Edge keeps shedding share as users pick other browsers on Windows 10
Microsofts Edge browser, the replacement for Internet Explorer on Windows 10, continues to struggle to retain users, according to multiple metrics ...

Google Launches Tool That Lets Users Save Images Directly To Their Mobile Browser
... further study later. But Google wants to be your Pinterest, with a new tool that allows users to save images directly to their mobile web browser. ...