Ole Word and Powerbuilder

Please help if someone knows how to convert Visual Basic commands to
Powerbuilder. I create bookmarks on the fly and populate them with descriptions.
Some descriptions I have to insert with tabbing or indentions. I need correct
syntax for Powerbuilder. What I used is not working.
For example:
   iole_object.Selection.Font.Underline = False
    iole_object.Selection.Font.Bold = False
     iole_object.Selection.TypeParagraph
These commands are fine. I have no problems.

Powerbuilder doesn't accept commands like :
   1)  iole_object.Selection.Paragraph.TabIndent or
iole_object.Selection.Paragraph.TabIndent = 1   -  for tabbing
   2)
iole_object.Selection.Paragraphs.LeftIndent = 1 or
iole_object.Selection.Paragraphs.LeftIndent      -  for indent
   3) I need to create a bookmark, insert a word and hightlight it. Nothing
works for Powerbuilder.

I'll appreciate very much for help. Thank you in advance.

Natasha

I cannot help you specifaclly on this issue, but i found this document very
interesting :
http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,47980,00.html

On 19 Nov 2003 10:01:27 -0800,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex
Natasha <natasha.soldatchenkova@gsa.gov> wrote:
>Please help if someone knows how to convert Visual Basic commands to
>Powerbuilder. I create bookmarks on the fly and populate them with
descriptions.
>Some descriptions I have to insert with tabbing or indentions. I need correct
>syntax for Powerbuilder. What I used is not working.
>For example:
>   iole_object.Selection.Font.Underline = False
>    iole_object.Selection.Font.Bold = False
>     iole_object.Selection.TypeParagraph
>These commands are fine. I have no problems.
>
>Powerbuilder doesn't accept commands like :
>   1)  iole_object.Selection.Paragraph.TabIndent or
>iole_object.Selection.Paragraph.TabIndent = 1   -  for tabbing
>   2)
>iole_object.Selection.Paragraphs.LeftIndent = 1 or
>iole_object.Selection.Paragraphs.LeftIndent      -  for indent
>   3) I need to create a bookmark, insert a word and hightlight it. Nothing
>works for Powerbuilder.
>
>I'll appreciate very much for help. Thank you in advance.

0
Olivier
11/27/2003 9:38:06 AM
Natasha schrieb:

> Please help if someone knows how to convert Visual Basic commands to
> Powerbuilder. I create bookmarks on the fly and populate them with descriptions.
> Some descriptions I have to insert with tabbing or indentions. I need correct
> syntax for Powerbuilder. What I used is not working.
> For example:
>    iole_object.Selection.Font.Underline = False
>     iole_object.Selection.Font.Bold = False
>      iole_object.Selection.TypeParagraph
> These commands are fine. I have no problems.
>
> Powerbuilder doesn't accept commands like :
>    1)  iole_object.Selection.Paragraph.TabIndent or
> iole_object.Selection.Paragraph.TabIndent = 1   -  for tabbing

tabident is a subfunction of the paragraph object so you must use
paragraph.Tabident(1)

You should have seen this in the Wordobjectcatalog.

TH

0
Thomas

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

OLE From Word To PowerBuilder
Hello All, I have been having a problem, I have a PB App that uses Word to open documents stored in a database. When a document is open, a Word macro is executed that searches the letter for a place where there needs to be a signature. If there is a signture needed, it communticates back to PowerBuilder that the current user signature is needed. It works great with DDE, but I run into a problem with OLE. How do cummunicate with a PowerBuilder Appilcation that is already running? As it is right now, I have to build a runtime DLL, or use the "PowerBuilder.Application" an...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

URGENT ! POWERBUILDER + WORD + OLE
Hello all, I need to change, from my PowerBuilder application, the print specification of a Word Document before its printing (which paper to use, scale, where to find the paper in the printer, ...) Is it possible with OLE or DDE ? How to do it ? Thanks for all !!! Dany Use INI file settings, i.e. specify 'tray' and 'paper type' to use. Note: It will be hardware dependant pm wrote: > Hello all, > > I need to change, from my PowerBuilder application, the print > specification of a Word Document before its printing (which paper to use, >...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup
Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup. This is a forum for discussion on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder. Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your development needs for enhancements and any other feedback. All posted messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on Powersoft's InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information that is extremely valuable to other developers. This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not the purpose of this newsgroup service to allo...

Powerbuilder, OLE & Word bookmarks
Hi, We have an application that connects to Word using OLE and puts data into bookmarks. When we put a bookmark in the document footer we get an error but it works fine when the bookmark is in the body of the document. Do we need to alter the code to change the view.type or is there an easier way to do this as we would be fairly reluctant to change this piece of code? Thanks, Sean ...

problems with Word ole and Powerbuilder 5
I'm using PowerBuilder 5.03 and when I run this code under windows 95, 98 it works, but when I run this code under Windows NT, it crashes. Any idea? Thanks in advance and sorry for my english Sergi Gil OLEObject ole_object ole_object = CREATE OLEObject // Connect to Word 8 (starts Word 8) , if successful Opens employee.doc , // if unsuccessful , display msg box for "ole error". IF ole_object.ConnectToNewObject("word.application") = 0 THEN // Make Word 8 visible - ( Set to FALSE for Word 8 to be invisible ) ole_object.Visible=FALSE ole_object.docu...

Using Ms Word OLE in Powerbuilder??
I'v recently enherited a PowerBuilder app that strips data out of DB2 and inserts it into A Word mail/merge document for printing using OLE. It was built for use with Word 5.0. We've gone to Office 97. It no longer works (same old story). Here is the offending code: ole_document.ActiveDocument.Content.EditGoTo ("Include") ole_document.ActiveDocument.Content.LINEDOWN(1) ole_document.ActiveDocument.Content.InsertAfter(i_sAcctDetail) It stops on the first line and the error message says that the "EditGoTo property was not found" Can someone stear ...

PowerBuilder 5 and Word 2000 with OLE
Hello, I'm trying to insert an OLE control into a window. If I select 'Microsoft Word Document' in the 'Insert Object Window' and try to insert the OLE Object into the window PowerBuilder crashes. I using Powerbulder version 5.0.4 and running Windows NT and Office 2000 Professional Any idea? Hi! Actually, I have the same problem and I've observed that there is no such problem on "fresh" computers - with Windows and Office only. After you install another applications the Word's OLE object stops working properly with PB. I think that ...

PowerBuilder 10.2 with Word OLE
Hi, I am having a crazy hard time trying to figure out what is wrong with this PowerBuilder interaction with Microsoft Word 2003. After upgrading from Windows 2000 and Office 2000 to Windows XP and Office 2003, document corruption seems to occur (4 bytes of garbage scattered throughout the document file). Both methods of accessing the OLE/Word DOM are being used. One with the ActiveX control on a form and the other using the CREATE OLEObject. Word is being used to view, edit, print, find and replace text, and render PDF documents; no mail merges or nothing complicated like that. ...

Strings from PowerBuilder 5.0 to Word with OLE
Hello!! Does anybody know how I can send strings with information about name and zip to word? My Code: iole_contact[ll_index].Visible = TRUE iole_contact[ll_index].WindowState = 1 iole_contact[ll_index].Activate() iole_contact[ll_index].DefaultSaveFormat = "" iole_contact[ll_index].Documents.Open("c:\test.doc") iole_contact[ll_index].ActiveWindow.WindowState = 1 OK, at time I can start Word with an test.doc! But how can I send the strings and how must I call the strings in Word? Thank you for your help! Sven Kramer You could create a macro in your d...

Euro symbol from PowerBuilder to Word via OLE
Hi when our users type or paste a Euro symbol into a datawindow and save, it is fine, but when they generate a Word document via OLE, the symbol is corrupted any ideas ? ...

Powerbuilder 8 and using Word OLE Bookmarks
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C2FEAF.A88ED4E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm a bit confussed on this as in another application I did it worked = great !!, but in another application (both same Powerbuilder and Word = versions) the code doesn't run ?? Why ?? In one application this works fine:=20 OLE_OBJECT.documents.open("\\Dir\application.doc",0,1) OLE_OBJECT.application.visible=3Dtrue OLE_OBJECT.ActiveDocumentBookmarks.Item("Today"...

Web resources about - Ole Word and Powerbuilder - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles