ole control not in ole list

Using PB 7.0.  I have an OLE control registered which is not in my list of
ole objects which are available to be inserted onto a window.  Here's the
catch.  While the control, nethubp.dll, is located in the win\system folder
and registered, inorder to use the control properly, I have to go into the
oleviewer and remove the "Path To Implementation".  This is because at
runtime, the dll is accessed from my server, not on the local computer.  I
can find the control up until I remove the Implementation Path.  Any
suggestion?  The control works fine in a VB app.  I need help ASAP!!!

TIA,

Mitch Goldstein
Software Ventures

0
Mitch

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Custom Control vs. OLE Control
I am using PB 6.0, and am hoping someone can explain something to me. I created a Standard Visual user object based on the olecontrol class (referencing Word). This is called an OLE Custom Control, or at least that's what the properties window says. Why is this different than a regular OLE control? Why is the objectdata attribute not valid? Why are some of the events missing (i.e. close, save, and rename)? These events automatically are included in a regular OLE control. Seems odd to me that you can't inherit from the base olecontrol object, but then again, OLE in gen...

OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1 with PFC. I'm trying to right Mail Merge like function in a system. Thus, we've to keep the merged document into history for later referece. I'm wondering the difference between OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object??? Can anyone give some ideas on the above and what is the usage of it?? On the other hand, I'm wondering whether I'm using the RTE dw object for mail merge and then save the whole content into a OLE Database blob column, or using OLE control to MS Word + using DDE to transfer the data to MS Word?? ...

WordPerfect: OLE automation through OLE control
OK, I connected to WordPerfect from PB6.5 by using OLEObject like: OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj= CREATE OLEobject li_rc=ole_obj.ConnectToNewObject ("WordPerfect.PerfectScript") ........ Now it accepts automation commands. But my goal is to start OLE automation through Object property of OLE control. Something like: ole_1.Activate(Offsite!) ole_obj=ole_1.Object.WordPerfect.PerfectScript ..... And that does not work though it does with Word. Does somebody know if it is possible at all to make OLE automation through OLE control and how to do that? Thanks ...

OLE/WORD97 PRINTING OLE CONTROL?
I have an ole control(ole_1) on a response window that contains a MS WORD document. Since it doesn't merge the FILE menu option with Inplace activation, I created a Print button on the window to print the WORD document inside the ole control. However, I haven't been able to successfully do this. What is the correct syntax for printing an ole control WORD document. I have tried the following with no luck: ole_1.object.PrintOut() ole_1.object.application.ActiveDocument.Printout() ole_1.object.ActiveDocument.Printout() Thank You, Jason Try this: ole_1.ActiveDoc...

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

OLE/OCX Controls Not Listed In Insert Object Tab
I am a developer working with a team to provide an Internet application to be written using Powerbuilder 5.0.03. All developers have the following Powerbuilder Development Environment: a. Windows 95 (Microsoft product) b. Powerbuilder Enterprise/32 Version 5.0.03 (Powersoft product) c. PowerTCP For PB5 (Dart Communications product) I have installed PowerTCP and it self-registered various OCX files into c:\windows\system example: (ptftp32.ocx, pttcp32.ocx, etc....) I have developed a new Window where I want to place ptftp32.ocx (ftp control). Other co-workers have begun their pr...

OLE/OCX Controls Not Listed In Insert Object Table
I am a developer working with a team to provide an Internet application to be written using Powerbuilder 5.0.03. All developers have the following Powerbuilder Development Environment: a. Windows 95 (Microsoft product) b. Powerbuilder Enterprise/32 Version 5.0.03 (Powersoft product) c. PowerTCP For PB5 (Dart Communications product) I have installed PowerTCP and it self-registered various OCX files into c:\windows\system example: (ptftp32.ocx, pttcp32.ocx, etc....) I have developed a new Window where I want to place ptftp32.ocx (ftp control). Other co-workers have begun their pr...

how to close down ole in OLE container?
Hi, I have a piece of code which opens a blob stored in the database as an OLE, in order to print it in the form of a word document. While the document is printed, MS word is activated, and the document is visible. The problem is that if I have a number of blobs to print, and I have the code (part of it reproduced below) in a loop, all the blobs open up as word documents. I need to add some processing which would enable the opened documents to close down. ole_1.objectdata = bl_object i_return = ole_1.Activate(offsite!) IF i_return = 0 THEN ole_1.object.application.wordbasic....

Why does OLE Control work but OLE Object doesn't ?
I am trying to deploy a third party ActiveX/OCX in a PowerBuilder NVO (for EAServer). Placing an OLE Control on a window works fine. I can access object properties etc. Using an OLEObject and ConnectToNewObject should accomplish the same result (as per PB documentation) These two code segments should work identically, but the second (which I need to work) produces "Error accessing external object property" error // 1. OLE control placed on a window ole_1.Object.Timeout = 1000 // 2. ActiveX control placed on a window OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj = CREATE OLEObj...

Is there a specific Windows OLE config required to support PB OLE controls
Hi there, I have a PB 8.0.1 app that stores external documents as LONG fields in an Oracle 7 database. The app retrieves the data, assigns it to an OLE control then activates the control. On 4 out of 12 PCs the line 'ole_1.dataobject = ....' crashes with a bad runtime function error. My guess is either the data is being corrupted somehow by SQL*Net or the Windows OLE configuration is different on the offending PCs. The client IT people say the PC config are the same but i cannot believe that. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what aspect of the PC config I should l...

OLE
Every one, how can I disable the "copy" function while I am using the Excel OLE function? You need to post this over in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex. This section is for discussion of PowerBuilder futures. zhaoyihai wrote: > Every one, how can I disable the "copy" function while I am using the Excel > OLE function? -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assis...

OLE
Delphi XE. I have an app that opens excel files using TADOConnection and TADOTable. In XP everything is working fine. Only on my new Windows 8 (64 bit) laptop, I receive a "ole exception unrecognized database format " when I do ADOTable.open ADOConnection.ConnectionString := 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;' + 'Data Source=' + FilenameEdit_in + ';'+ 'Mode=ReadWrite;' + 'Extended Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes"'; -- Try this solution in Extended Properties clause: http:/...

Ole
In one of Steve's topics, IIRC, there was a statement that Ole programs were a security issue. Can these just be removed from Windows? TIA Byron In article <cfdlo1$i7n$1@news.grc.com>, Byron says... > In one of Steve's topics, IIRC, there was a statement that Ole programs > were a security issue. > Can these just be removed from Windows? It would probably be much easier to just remove Windows. -- Norman ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint ...

OLE
I am using OLEObject for access to an Excel spreadsheet. The application is Jaguar application that will reside on a application server. Does anyone know the minimum I can install on the application server so this will work. Thank you! Brian L. Morgan ...

OLE
I have a crosstab report that has five catogories and runs for 13 month - I then save the report to Excel - here is my problem: I would like to group thirteen months for each catogory and maintain the format when saving out to Excel. My idea was do an OLE, but I'm not having luck.......any ideas? Example of current format: Client - Svc Rev 01-99 - Prod Rev 01-99 - Post Rev 01-99 - Svc. Rev - 02-99 - Prod. Rev 02-99 - Post Rev 02-99 Want: Client - Svc. Rev 01-99 - Svc. Rev 02-99 - Svc. Rev 03-99 | Prod rev 01-99 - Prod Rev 02-99 etc... Thanks You can use 'save row...

ole
Is there a way I can get the controls of an ole/active x control by looping through it just like what you can do with a window? Not unless the ActiveX control exposes its child controls. FWIW, you can probably use API calls to enumerate the child windows on the container control, but other then their Windows handles, you would get nothing useful. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) -- http://sdn.sybase.com <Q:> wrote in message news:C7F65960F889A9ED00271F7185256C98.00271F7E85256C...

OLE
I am attempting to populate an Access form with data using OLE and I am unable to accomplish my aims at this time. Any verbal encouragement, warning or links to tutorial-articles would be most welcomed. Leigh ...

ole
Name: panos Email: panos314_at_hotmail.com Product: Minefield Summary: ole Comments: its a perfect Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060712 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

OLE
Can I pass a file name or a path to a OLE object in DW? How can get more information about OLE controls or scripts? Daniel ...

OLE
I am opening an excel spreadsheet from within my powerbuilder application via the activate() function. Does anyone know how to make the excel document that opens, open maximized? It currently opens in a small window. Thanks for any help in advance. ...

OLE
I have a datawindow and a matching word doc file for each of the rows in the dw(guaranteed). When rowfocuschanged is triggered, the application displays the matching word document of the row in the OLE embedded on the window(not the dw). I used this script in the rowfocuschanged event: list.media_number = This.GetItemNumber(currentrow,"edit_media_editmediaid") vPath = 'K:\Content Apps\media\D' + string(list.media_number) + ".doc" ole_detail.clear() if FileExists(vpath) then ole_detail.LinkTo(vPath) end if I checked on all instances and vPath ...

OLE
Good Morning, In the error below where it says "Not a Win32::OLE object" Should I read that as it is not defined on my server or it is not defined in OLE.pm? ##BOF## CGI Error The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are: Undefined subroutine &Acrobat::FDF::newFromBuf called at D:\Hemsell.org\scripts\employee_query.pl line 61. Win32::OLE(0.1501): GetOleObject() Not a Win32::OLE object at C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib/OLE.pm line 115 during global destruction. ##EOF## I am try...

Web resources about - ole control not in ole list - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Woman hit by out of control car at bus stop in Deer Park - HeraldSun Search Search
A WOMAN has died after being hit by an out-of-control car while waiting for her bus in Deer Park this morning.

Control Alexa and your entire smart home from your car with HeadsUp
HeadsUp is a San Francisco startup that is aiming to be the end-all, beat-all when it comes to in-transit control. Founder Arnab Raychaudhuri, ...

How to control your Mac with an iPhone or iPad
... We’ve all done it. This is why I always have Screens VNC running on all my devices. With the help of a single app, you can access and control ...

Leading Tobacco Control Expert Says Anti-E-Cig Lobby Is Like ‘Abstinence Only’ Movement
Leading Tobacco Control Expert Says Anti-E-Cig Lobby Is Like ‘Abstinence Only’ Movement

Air traffic control privatization takes a step forward
A troubling plan to privatize air traffic control has passed through a House committee , paving the way for a vote in the full House and then ...

Passengers: If Air Traffic Control Is Privatized, Do You Trust The Airlines To Speak For You?
... looming fight over the sudden vacancy on the Supreme Court, a bill is making its way through Congress that would privatize air traffic control. ...

Kanye out of control?
Kanye out of control?

Ground Control Has Finally Given Up on the Philae Lander
So long, Philae: You were a plucky little lander , but it’s time to say goodbye. The ground control team working with the craft has announced ...

Massive New Jersey Warehouse Fire Burning out of Control
Massive warehouse fire in central New Jersey burning out of control for more than half a day