Import Data from an Excel file

Dear all,

Can you tell me how to import data from an excel file into a
datawindow?

Thanks..
0
KK

Lots of options:
You can use OLE.
Another option is to define an ODBC DSN. (Basically requires that you have a
named range in the spreadsheet that becomes the tablename).
Save as csv and then use dw importstring.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com
<KK> wrote in message news:44910c22.9a4.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Dear all,
>
> Can you tell me how to import data from an excel file into a
> datawindow?
>
> Thanks..

0
Terry

Importing data from either Excel Files or CSV files
Hi, I am having trouble uploading data from Excel/CSV files.  Any idea how I can get my ASP.NET application to do this?  Also, I need to transfer the data into SQL Server tables.  Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Jules  this link help youhttp://www.codeproject.com/cs/database/CsvReader.asp  Try this one... its a good option http://www.codeproject.com/cs/database/FinalCSVReader.asp Thank you Bupender Thanks chrisjob012!  Mark as answer if reply helped you  this gives us the confident to reply further I am new to progra...

How to import data from excel file?
Hi I want to import the data from excel file in to datawindow or datastore. How to do this ? or How to open the excel file and read the content cell by cell of all rows TIA Save XLS as Tab delimited file and use ImportFile function. Use Import..(from menu) or PipeLine control. -- Max (m_pavlov@mail.ru) -- "ewak" <ewak@vsnl.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:nLzZoNiqBHA.206@forums.sybase.com... > Hi > > I want to import the data from excel file in to datawindow or datastore. > How to do this ? > > or > > H...

Importing Data From an Excel file
Anybody know how I could import data from an Excel sheet into a dataset via ASP.NET using VB.NET? Here is the code I have that works with a win32 app. It gives me a COM error. The Excel.dll, Interopp.dll, and Office.dll are all on the webserver. Dim strfile As String = "E:\Sites\InsuranceTmeplateSite\tempProcess\" & Now.Ticks.ToString() & ".XLS" File1.PostedFile.SaveAs(strfile) Dim EXL As New Excel.Application Dim wsheet As Excel.Worksheet wsheet = EXL.Workbooks.Open(strfile).Worksheets.Item(0) Dim tb As New DataTable Dim ds As New DataSet Dim cl1 As New DataColumn("Name") D...

How to Import data from Excel file
Hi all How to import the data from excel file to datastore or datawindow during the runtime without using the DDE function. I am using PB9. Thanks in advance Regards Shivkumar K Datawindow pipeline comes to mind. "Shivkumar K" <shiv@cgvakindia.com> wrote in message news:42789ebd@forums-1-dub... > Hi all > > How to import the data from excel file to datastore or datawindow during > the > runtime without using > the DDE function. > > > I am using PB9. > > Thanks in advance > > Regards > Shivk...

Import data from a Excel File
Hello, I want to import data from a excel File into Sybase. So I use the following sql input into tb_tst from 'c:\\kero4.xls' format EXCEL; SQL Tells me that there is a error in line 34. When I tell I want to continue I have a count of 75 and not 101 as there are 101 records im my excel file. Could you please tell me what is wrong with the file (as every column is Text all should work) I saw that when I have non integer values in the column E, F, G.... I have this error. have a non integer values in column D I have no error I saw that the column E F G... are conve...

import data through excel file
  hii all,         i've to import bulk data from excel file to sql server 2000 , i'm using asp.net 1.1 with C# and i've to make a front end(windows application) for this. help me out if any1 knows that... Thanks & Regards anant vijay u can use bulk insert.Plz check these linkshttp://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread246959.htmlhttp://www.devnewsgroups.net/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet/topic16463.aspxhttp://weblogs.sqlteam.com/mladenp/archive/2006/08/26/11368.aspxThank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answ...

How to copy data from one excel file to other excel file
Hi I have two excel file (Ex1 and Ex2), both have same template (headers) and data will be populated from the dataset. Upto this step its works fine. My question : How to copy the data  form 6th row to last row of "Ex2" and paste it into the "Ex1" after the last row in Ex1.   Advance thanks Have a look here: For VB - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306022 For C# - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306023/ -Damien  Visoft, Inc - Home | Blogs Latest Blog Post: ASP.NET 4.0 AJAX Preview 4 - Client Templates...

Import data into a DataWindow from an Excel file.
Hi, I need to import data into a DataWindow (PB 8) from an Excel file. The data is in tabular format with the first row as column names. I would prefer not to use the Excel file as a database but to use an order like ImportFile. The user has to choose the file and then it has to be read into the DataWindow. Thank you in advance. Mart=edn. Hi Martin, If you name the area in Excel, you'll be able to access it via ODBC, Otherwise you can connect through OLE....and then access data directly, or export it to something you can import to DW. Regards Martin gid pisze: > H...

importing excel file data to a datawindow
I'm trying to import data from an excel file that contains 20 columns and about 25 rows. However, some of the columns contain alphabetic data that contains several lines of text. Therefore, when I save the file as a tab delimited text file it causes problems when importing to the datawindow. The datawindow thinks that the column data, which gets word-wrapped, is several different records when in fact it is only one. By the way I am using PB 5. Gerald Whenever I need to pull data from an Excel file I just use OLE to fire up Excel, copy the data to the clipboard, and the...

Re: Import data from a Excel File
The datatype of the columns in excel is text but the first record contains 0 and in sybase it is converted into integer and after I have decimal Don't you believe sybase should read the excel datatype and not take it from the first record? Thank you for your help "Uwe Sauerbrey" <sauerbrey@solution-execute.de> wrote in message news:3B9883F6.9C3A163A@solution-execute.de... > Hello Marc, > > DDL is: DataDefinitionLanguage and it means the SQL-commands from which > tables, columns, ... are created in a database. > I'm assuming the following: T...

Import Files to Excel File
Greetings, I have a directory full of invidual GEN000*.Result files. Each one of these files has some output which looks like this: PDI Number: GEN000240 Finding Category: CAT I Reference: UNIX STIG: 2.5.3.1 Description: A non-local/non-authoritative (Government) time-server is used. Status: Not Reviewed For example: GEN000240: Please perform a manual review of the domain.net network time server/client using Checklist Section 3, GEN000240, to check the configuration. SRR Script Version: UNIX_51-28Jan2011 UNIX SRR Checklist Page: 28 I want to parse over 300 of these...

upload data from an excel file directly into db without saving the excel file
Hi, I want to give users the ability to upload an excel file and then take the data out of the first column in that excel file and insert that into my db.  NB The users will be told to only put data into the first column. I know how to put the input file on my webform and have them upload the file to the server - but i think there must be a better way as i dont want to keep the excel file - just take the info out of the column and discard the excel file. Does anyone have any ideas/tutorials on best way to do this. Thanks...   I have done similar thing, but you can not j...

how to import data from excel file to access database
*how to import data from excel file to access database* ...

Import data from XML or Excel file to DataGrid
Hi there,I am working on a project which can load XML or Excel file to a datagrid. I know how to retrieve data from xml and excel but I am not sure how to do the databinding to the ASP.NET's datagrid. Could someone shed a light or point me some URL for more information. I searched the net for this and most of DataGrid URLs are using DataSet from database. However, I have different data source at this time.Thanks Try the posts below for several options and code sample.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/921410/ShowPost.aspx http://forums.asp.net/928615/ShowPost.aspxKind regards,Gi...

Web resources about - Import Data from an Excel file - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

List of countries by imports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of countries by imports , based on the World Trade Organization and The World Factbook . For comparison purposes, some non-sovereign ...

Perfect Audience Performance Reporting API Allows Facebook Advertisers To Import Data
Advertisers that use Facebook Exchange can now import data on their ads, campaigns, and conversions into their own customized reporting dashboards ...

Oakland Opens the Wallet for Cuban Import
Looks like Billy Beane really is sticking to that Window. After spending the offseason trading away two of the better young starting pitchers ...

How to Import Your Blog Into Facebook
Inside Facebook has recently written about simplifying how you use Facebook with other social media tools in order to make life a little easier. ...

Export Import Business Group
Here we are, people in the business of export and import from all over the world. I invite you people also to join for more info of the business ...

#1 Cheat for Ruzzle ~ find the best words with free auto game import! on the App Store on iTunes
Get #1 Cheat for Ruzzle ~ find the best words with free auto game import! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Secretary Kerry Delivers Remarks at the Export-Import Bank Annual Conference - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry delivers remarks at the Export-Import Bank Annual Conference in Washington, D.C., on April 24, 2014. [State ...

The Kronies: Laughing All The Way to the Export-Import Bank - YouTube
Get Konnected at http://thekronies.com/ In this very special episode of "The Less You Know", Johnny and Bobby learn a valuable lesson about campaign ...

Harper review: Government faces stoush with authors over removal of parallel book imports
... government is set for a fiery showdown with some of Australia's most popular authors over its plan to loosen restrictions on book imports. ...

Ex-customs officer Christopher Cranney jailed for conspiring to import illegal drug precursor
A senior customs officer has been jailed for at least eight-and-a-half years for his role in a major drug importation conspiracy that saw millions ...