I don't see a OLE AUTOMATION component already registered in the PB OLE browser

version PB : 6.5.1
I have some AUTOMATION components, made from PERL, which are registered
the connection from PB to these objects works, but I don't arrive to see
them into the PB browser, inside the tab OLE. Why ? Do we forgott something
?

0
Patrick

They should be under the Programmable Object folder in the OLE tab. Is that
where you were looking?

--
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Patrick Marduel" <patrick.marduel@power.alstom.com> wrote in message
> version PB : 6.5.1
> I have some AUTOMATION components, made from PERL, which are registered
> the connection from PB to these objects works, but I don't arrive to see
> them into the PB browser, inside the tab OLE. Why ? Do we forgott
something
> ?

0
Roy
8/22/2000 11:50:56 AM
The components are not under the Programmable Object folder. But perhaps it
is a problem more general, because per example another MICROSOFT OLE
AUTOMATION component ( API XML whose progId is "microsoft.xmldom" , and
whose file is "msxml.dll" installed by IE 5 setup ) is not visible too under
the folder. Do you have some Idea to display they ?

Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] <SPAM_FREE_rkiesler@noblestar.com> a �crit dans le
message : JFUywCDDAHA.309@forums.sybase.com...
> They should be under the Programmable Object folder in the OLE tab. Is
that
> where you were looking?
>
> --
> pbm_hopethishelps,
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com
> MySybase - http://my.sybase.com
>
> "Patrick Marduel" <patrick.marduel@power.alstom.com> wrote in message
> > version PB : 6.5.1
> > I have some AUTOMATION components, made from PERL, which are registered
> > the connection from PB to these objects works, but I don't arrive to see
> > them into the PB browser, inside the tab OLE. Why ? Do we forgott
> something
> > ?

0
Patrick

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

OLE Micros' Web Browser ( TAB key don't work)
Hi, I am using the OLE Navegador da Web da Microsoft in a PB(6.5) window. Everything was fine until e tried type user and password. The tab key has no effect. If anyone can help me or send me a URL with examples thats will be good. Andre Veiga Elias PB Programer ...

why don't I see my servers automation into the PB browser ?
With VC++ pack3, I made some automation local servers. With OLE/COM object viewer, I arrive to see them but with the PB browser, the objects are not under the node 'insertable objects' and are not under the node 'programmable objects ' why ? ...

Why does OLE Control work but OLE Object doesn't ?
I am trying to deploy a third party ActiveX/OCX in a PowerBuilder NVO (for EAServer). Placing an OLE Control on a window works fine. I can access object properties etc. Using an OLEObject and ConnectToNewObject should accomplish the same result (as per PB documentation) These two code segments should work identically, but the second (which I need to work) produces "Error accessing external object property" error // 1. OLE control placed on a window ole_1.Object.Timeout = 1000 // 2. ActiveX control placed on a window OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj = CREATE OLEObj...

OLE server apps don't launch from PB 7 datawindows.
Recently I upgraded from PB 6.5.1 to PB 7. There were a few problems, but nothing serious until I ran into this: In many of my tables I have blob columns which I use to store wordpad documents. This worked fine in PB 6.5.1, but on upgrade to 7.0.0, I could no longer open existing blobs (failed silently), but Wordpad would launch if no blob had been created yet. However, after I requeried the data, the blobs I created wouldn't have been saved, so on oleactivate I'd get a blank wordpad document. So I updated to 7.0.2, currently at build 8011, and now the situation is s...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

PB 5, OLE's, and OCX's
Anyone have an idea that may solve this one: I create an OLE object, connect to a COM object, then use the COM object via OLE accordingly. However, when I build the application, the OLE object isn't being created. I created an ActiveX control (OCX) however PB 5 will no longer recognize, a.k.a. "see", the OCX control. Any ideas? Unfortunately, not by my choice, I don't have the option to migrate to a better version of Power Builder. Have you tried registering the ocx file... System32\regsvr32.exe directory\name.ocx HTH <Superman> wrote in me...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

WordPerfect: OLE automation through OLE control
OK, I connected to WordPerfect from PB6.5 by using OLEObject like: OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj= CREATE OLEobject li_rc=ole_obj.ConnectToNewObject ("WordPerfect.PerfectScript") ........ Now it accepts automation commands. But my goal is to start OLE automation through Object property of OLE control. Something like: ole_1.Activate(Offsite!) ole_obj=ole_1.Object.WordPerfect.PerfectScript ..... And that does not work though it does with Word. Does somebody know if it is possible at all to make OLE automation through OLE control and how to do that? Thanks ...

PB to create OLE and OLE with PD
It works great to reuse NVO's from Powerbuilder within PD. Excellent! D. Baer Sybase CH Works great to create instances of Jaguar COM proxies too! <!--SCRIPT comp = CreateObject("SVU.SVULogin"); comp.Username="jagadmin"; comp.Password=""; comp.Host="localhost:9000"; comp.Initialize(); if(comp.isLogin("123-45-6789") { document.writeln("Login successful"); } --> Dave Wolf Jaguar Product Team Dominik Baer wrote: > It works great to reuse NVO's from Powerbuilder within PD. > Ex...

PB 10.5 build 4523 MS Web Browser OLE won't open XP ok 2000
Any ideas what is wrong? This imbedded browser opened in 9.01 in XP and 2000, but won't open in in 10.5 XP. Ok in 2000. ...

I can't use ole control in PB development environment.(I'm hurry)
Hi,Friends!! I'm using pb5 and I want to insert an ocx control. The job was done as belows.(In the PB) selecting ole control -> insert control -> register new ->(selecting vcfi32.ocx) -> -> c:wstarex32\vcfi32.ocx is not marked as supporting self-registration. However, the function "DllRegisterServer" was found. Do you wish to attempt to register this file as control? -> yes But I can't find first impression ocx control in the insert control tab in the PB. What Happen? I've registered Manually. regsvr32.exe c:\starex32\vcfi32.ocx &...

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

don't see mails, don't see mail text
hi, all of a sudden my mozilla 1.4 mail program (on win98se) won't show me the new mail (it says there are 60 in the inbox, but i just see 8 of them in the mail window ... and i know there should be 60 because i downloaded them the night before) and for some mails i see the subject, but when i click on it i don't get any mail text, althoug the mail window says that the message is 23 kb long. any idea? i have already tried to compress the mail folders - doesn't help. thanks in advance. michael m b�rkle wrote: > hi, > all of a sudden my mozilla 1.4 mail p...

Web resources about - I don't see a OLE AUTOMATION component already registered in the PB OLE browser - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a hierarchical presentation of automation topics, see Outline of automation . For other uses, see Automation (disambiguation) . Automation ...

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Facebook Ads API Partner AdStage: Campaign Automation, $6.25M Series A Funding
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Facebook ads API partner AdStage announces Series A funding, campaign automation
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Automation World (@automationworld)

Automation World
Automation World is your link to the why and how of manufacturing automation. The purpose of this group is to connect manufacturing engineers, ...

Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit offers easy automation
Home automation and monitoring is getting easier than ever. The days when you had to hire a contractor to wire up your home for security or to ...

Factory Automation Will Speed Forward with A.I., Says Bernstein
... tech-industrial companies such as Corning (GLW) and AU Optronics (AUO), this afternoon offered up a thinks piece on robotics and factory automation, ...

Is home automation in your future or are you using it now?
Home automation gets touted by some as the future, but it's really the now. A seemingly endless list of products are on the market and they allow ...

3 Growing Digital Trends for 2016: Automation, Personalization, Gamification.
1. Marketing Automation What is it? Marketing automation is a category of technology that allows companies to streamline, automate, and measure ...