HELP NEEDED: OCX's created from JavaBeans (using ActiveX bridge) hang PowerBuilder 6.0

I recently downloaded PowerBuilder 6.0 Desktop for evaluation purposes.
I am trying to add an OCX created from a java bean using Sun's ActiveX
bridge.

I can add the OCX ok... but when I attempt to save my application
afterwards PowerBuilder hangs. CPU goes full throttle.

I have tried all of the sample OCX's from the JAVA BDK. They all hang
PowerBuilder.

The OCX's work fine in other containers, i.e. Word, Excel,
PowerPoint....

Has anyone else tried this ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Danny

danm@telexiscorp.com

0
Danny

OCX's created from JavaBeans (using ActiveX bridge) hang
I recently downloaded PowerBuilder 6.0 Desktop for evaluation purposes. I am trying to add an OCX created from a java bean using Sun's ActiveX bridge. I can add the OCX ok... but when I attempt to save my application afterwards PowerBuilder hangs. CPU goes full throttle. I have tried all of the sample OCX's from the JAVA BDK. They all hang PowerBuilder. The OCX's work fine in other containers, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.... Has anyone else tried this ? ...

OCX's created from JavaBeans (using ActiveX bridge) hang #2
I recently downloaded PowerBuilder 6.0 Desktop for evaluation purposes. I am trying to add an OCX created from a java bean using Sun's ActiveX bridge. I can add the OCX ok... but when I attempt to save my application afterwards PowerBuilder hangs. CPU goes full throttle. I have tried all of the sample OCX's from the JAVA BDK. They all hang PowerBuilder. The OCX's work fine in other containers, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.... Has anyone else tried this ? ...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

Using 6.5 DW's in 7's HTML and ActiveX DataWindows
PB 7 has the new HTML DataWindow and the ActiveX DataWindow. Both just read PBD's to extract a specific datawindow to process. Question: Can these new facilites read PB 6.5 datawindows? This would be nice to ease transition. We can still develop DW's in 6.5 until we thing 7.0 is stable and we can distribute to our developers. Don Weimann 1. No, it won't read PB7 datawindows. HTMLDW is implemented by adding properties to the datawindow object. 2. PB7 is, AFAIK, rather stable. I've invested a great deal of time to ensure that it, and in particular, the HTM...

Create HTML Help doc's for MS's COM/ActiveX component for these unknown ones
Found a program link in ZDNet's Software Express news-Email March 28, 2002 http://clickthru.online.com/Click?q=93-V4nmQSdXTa2AnHGcFSBAQm4w the site is: http://www.devcomponents.com/ and the free program page is: http://www.devcomponents.com/comassistant/ It is for Windows only. ...

How to detect if the 'cancel' button on Acrobat Reader's PDF print dialog window has been clicked when using Acrobat Reader ActiveX control in Powerbuilder 9
Product name: Acrobat Reader V5.0, Powerbuilder V9 Operating System: Windows XP I have an Acrobat Reader's ActiveX control on my window application to present and print PDF files. The application was developed using Powerbuilder V9. I need to know if a user has just printed a file then save the printed date into a database. The user can click the 'Cancel' button on the print dialog window from Acrobat Reader to cancel the printing. In this case I won't update the printed date. How can I know if the user has clicked the 'Cancel' button to cancel the printing? ...

creating/using ocx's
How are people doing this in .NET? In VB 6 i was able to create a UserControl and run that user control inside of a web page. Now when i go to VB.dot net and create a new windows Control Library I'm unable to compile it as a OCX thus i'm unable to embed the control into my web page. Now i see there is a webControl Library, but there is no form to drag and drop stuff onto... Can someone point me in the right direction. I want to create an object that loads a image on a web page, and inside of this control the use has the ability to draw on the image. I can create this solution just fine ...

PB 5, OLE's, and OCX's
Anyone have an idea that may solve this one: I create an OLE object, connect to a COM object, then use the COM object via OLE accordingly. However, when I build the application, the OLE object isn't being created. I created an ActiveX control (OCX) however PB 5 will no longer recognize, a.k.a. "see", the OCX control. Any ideas? Unfortunately, not by my choice, I don't have the option to migrate to a better version of Power Builder. Have you tried registering the ocx file... System32\regsvr32.exe directory\name.ocx HTH <Superman> wrote in me...

Novell's OCX/ActiveX components
I am having trouble setting the properties in Novell's OCX controls. Could someone help me?? pbda@hotmail.com Chriss Ioannou I would repost this in the OLE newsgroup. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Team Sybase Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training http://www.dyn-data.com Chriss wrote in message ... >I am having trouble setting the properties in Novell's OCX controls. > >Could someone help me?? > >pbda@hotmail.com > >Chriss Ioannou >...

Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The s
Hello,  I try to use a windowslive website in visual studio 2008 with framework 3.5 I have installed the framework 3.5 and i get following error although the site is working perfect in localhost: Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.After this i check my gac and i manually (with configuration tool 2.0) installed 3.6 in my gac. I still get the same error. What am i doing ...

Need help in using ocx in PB 6.5
Hi all, I'm new in using OCX in PB, so I need someone to help me. I need to do an interface to allow my PB app to call into a VB app. I created an OCX using VB. I've added a OLE object (with my OCX) to my PB app. How do I call the function inside the OCX, can someone help me? Thanks. ...

Need help in using ocx in PB 6.5 #2
Hi all, I'm new in using OCX in PB, so I need someone to help me. I need to do an interface to allow my PB app to call into a VB app. I created an OCX using VB. I've added a OLE object (with my OCX) to my PB app. How do I call the function inside the OCX, can someone help me? Thanks. ...

Web resources about - HELP NEEDED: OCX's created from JavaBeans (using ActiveX bridge) hang PowerBuilder 6.0 - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles