Does powerbuilder support multiple interface com object?

Greetings,

Anybody has any idea on this one?
Is there any workaround for that?
We need to interface our existing PB application developed on PB 7.03, win
2000 with GIS com object.. But the problem how to get the interface other
than Idispatch in PB.

Thanks
Raman Chawla

0
Raman

Use OLE COM Objects in PowerBuilder
Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do not know how to instanciate an object and use it's methods/properties in PB. Thank you in advance. Take a look at the CreateObject() function. Does that help? Regards Costas Tsaklas[Team Powersoft] Elevated Technologies, Inc. www.elevatedtech.com Bob Whelan wrote in message <3467BB57.599F4519@pin-corp.com>... >Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? >I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do no...

How to handle events from a COM object ( not ActiveX) in Powerbuilder
I need to catch the events fired from COM object in powerbuilder application. Object is initialized as following: ole_custom = Create OLEObject ole_custom.ConnectToNewObject("Custom.Custom.1") custom.dll is COM dll and fires event JobDone(string status) How I can get this working. Thanks It's explained a bit in Microsoft technote 238983. The particular example given is for Microsoft Office, but the approach is for any OLE Automation object http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238983 I...

Tip Thread
Hi all, Just a few more tips to hopefully help my fellow developers save some valuable development time by avoiding some of the issues I've suffered through: OLE Automation Server Object Issues: As I've mentioned before in the Tip Thread - Creating COM Objects (Restatement), using OLE Automation Server (simply "Automation Server" in 7.0) is a great alternative to using the COM generator since with OLE Automation Server objects you be able to create COM objects from any PB NVO that contains non-private references to any PB specific datatypes, like PB NVO's, u...

VB COM (ActiveX dll) OLE from Powerbuilder 10.5
Hello, I have folder/file backup function in my application. To notify the PB window of the progress and status of the backup I use the CopyFileEx (which uses callback) windows api function in visual basic to achieve the file backup The VB project has one main module and one class. The module contains the callback function (the function that will be called by CopyFileEx to notify about the changes and progress of the copy. It also contains the caller function that initiate the CopyFileEx. All that the callback function does is to send a message to a registered PB window ab...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

Interface Object in PowerBuilder
Dear All: Is it possible to create an Interface Object in PowerBuilder? Any assistance with this request is deeply appreciated. Nick Hsu Yes and no. It has been asked on future-discussion forum, and i asked for it in caseXpress. But read article from Roland M�hlberger, "Using Interfaces with PowerBuilder". http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/ Volume: 09 Issue: 11 You can get source code for free, but you need to pay to read article. This article used to be on http://www.romu.com/ You can read it using google's cache. On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:18:59 +0800, in ...

Powerbuilder COM object
Hi All, I am using powrbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have following code in VB to call function from that DLL. Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim pbo As New PBCOM.CoMsg Dim ret As Integer ->ret = pbo.of_status(6) 'This line got error message End Sub Error message : Run Time Error 429 ActiveX component cant create object. Here is PB DLL detail: PB COM Server File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.dll Interface Definition File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.idl PB COM Server Type: In Process Server Object :uo_msg COM ClassName:CoMsg Program ID:PB60CO...

COM/OLE Interfaces
I got problems in calling methods from an OLE control which implement various interfaces. I have an object which exports various methods, which I see in the OLE browser. I can succesfully call some of them, but other fail. I can successfully call CenterX(long) CenterY(long) but I can't call CreateNewLayer(int,int,string,string,string,string,string,string) The error is "Name not found" looking for CreateNewLayer() in line xxx function xxx I tried to analyze the structure of the DLL which contains the OLE object. I found out that these methods are defined as: ...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Web resources about - Does powerbuilder support multiple interface com object? - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles